1 ... 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... 1926
Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/23 7:31 a.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Best of luck and medical science to your pop.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/31/23 8:32 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Yikes. I'm sorry to say that's a common scam, the original check was never any good (forged off of a compromised account number) and the person your wife is dealing with is not actually at that firm they are a scammer. Sending a check and asking for the money back via a different method is the classic scam. I almost got taken for a few hundred dollars via the same scam like twenty five years ago. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/31/23 8:34 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

A long long time ago, you ranted about honey crystalizing before you could use it and I suggested a mason jar instead of the bottle it came in. At the time I'd only just poured a new bottle into a jar as a bit of an experiment because a wide mouth is easier to scoop from and heating it in water wouldn't rub the label off. 

Well here we are several months later, and the honey in the glass mason jar is still liquid and easily used. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/23 9:21 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Duke :

A long long time ago, you ranted about honey crystalizing before you could use it and I suggested a mason jar instead of the bottle it came in. At the time I'd only just poured a new bottle into a jar as a bit of an experiment because a wide mouth is easier to scoop from and heating it in water wouldn't rub the label off. 

Well here we are several months later, and the honey in the glass mason jar is still liquid and easily used. 

Excellent to hear.  Thanks for lthe follow up!

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/31/23 9:45 a.m.

I keep a jar of natural peanut butter and a mason jar of natural honey in my locker at work. The honey seems to stay liquid on top and crystalize on the bottom, but a few seconds in the microwave and it's useable

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/31/23 10:04 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Make sure to make a police report. Then call your insurance agent and hope that cyber fraud is included in your policy.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/31/23 10:45 a.m.
Karacticus said:

And, 7+ hours after leaving the house for the ER, the diagnosis is kidney failure. 

Sorry to hear it, and I hope for the best

Antihero
1/31/23 10:48 a.m.
Appleseed said:

We got scammed out of $4,900 by an outfit posing as a legitimate job recruiter. It's being handled. But we are in serious financial E36 M3.

E36 M3

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve Reader
1/31/23 10:59 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I know that feeling. The worst is having Revit crash right before I click the save button - it's only happened a few times, but when it does it's always at the most inconvenient times with the most tedious work.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/31/23 12:40 p.m.

Last week, my credit card showed a charge for NBA League Pass. Er, no. Not remotely. Zero chance I signed up for a trial. Yes, I suspect someone who shouldn't has my card number. Replacement issued.
New card arrived yesterday. For I don't know why, Cap One had trouble with online activation, but after an only normal amount of fury in dealing with the IVR system this morning, I got it activated and could set about updating all the recurring accounts to use the new card number.
Second stop was BritBox. For some reason, they errored when I tried  to submit. Repeatedly.
Then I noticed an email notification from BritBox. Turns out the timing was coincidental, but this is what it said:

We recently experienced an error in our payment processing and the BritBox transaction description. The error resulted in the BritBox charge being labeled erroneously as "NBA League Pass" on your banking or credit card statement.

Our team identified the root cause and fixed the error. Additionally, we have taken measures to prevent this from happening again.

If you see this transaction description on your statement, it is the recurring charge for your subscription. We sincerely apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

So... I'm sitting here having trouble paying BritBox because they berked all my recurring payments, and probably got their merchant ID flagged as a problem at least w/regard to my account.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/31/23 12:43 p.m.

Also, still think we need a major rant thread. But seriously, my problem is annoying but tiny in the grand scheme; hoping for best outcomes, Karacticus and Appleseed.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/31/23 1:33 p.m.

I've been having issues with my throat since the beginning of the year when both The Dancer and I were pretty solidly under the weather. It's completely inconsistent, and will at times not hurt at all but I am still coughing (pretty deeply) every so often. I had theorized that it had to do with the 3D printer and my printing at bunch of PETG since the beginning of the year, which is a bit less friendly than the standard PLA- so since I was already going to be waiting for some parts for it I didn't run it at all over the (for me, 3-day) weekend. Didn't make a lick of difference as far as I could tell- so back to the drawing board in trying to figure out what it is. Near as I can tell (was tested for it several times when I first started having problems) it isn't/wasn't Covid which was my first thought.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/31/23 6:51 p.m.

When I come home, cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire

...except I am not home, I am in a 18 degree garage and have a Subaru engine to finish assembling so I can get some room back

wae
wae PowerDork
1/31/23 7:58 p.m.

For the love of all that is holy I am in absolute agony.  Ibuprofen and acetaminophen ain't cutting it, doc.  And to make it worse, the little dog has been an absolute dick all day, the big dog wants to jump up on me, and work has been particularly irritatingly stupid all day.  On top of being in some of the worst pain I've ever had - seriously, this is top five stuff here - I am exhausted and can't sleep.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/31/23 8:11 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the antivirals will knock things down a bit, too.  I can't remember if I dug into anything heavier than ibuprofen.  But I do remember the early times were the worst and it slowly got to be more of a dull constant pain, instead of sharp and agonizing.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
1/31/23 8:15 p.m.
11GTCS said:
Rodan said:

One of our neighbors apparently just bought a straight-piped Cummins...  he starts it at 4AM and leaves for work between 4:30 and 4:45...

I'm thinking about picking up a muffler at the local U-pick-it, and leaving it next to his driver's door.

This week I’ve “noticed” that someone must have gotten a custom exhaust for their (I’m assuming) 6 cylinder German car for Christmas.   Not sure on the exact time but pretty darn early, we’ll say 4:00 AM for this conversation.  It’s wake up the neighborhood loud heading up the street.  

Then again if they’re on the road that early they probably go to bed early.  It’d be a shame if I were to figure out where they live and let the Coyote clear it’s throat at 10:00 PM a couple of times. devil   

So...bumping this because sometimes you get to witness karma acting in real time.   Our loud friend has continued coming down the street early between 4:00 to 4:30AM the past few weeks but not every day.  I get up at 5:00 so no point in falling back to sleep. 

I heard him winding up down the street this morning at 4:20 something but just as he passed our house the noise stopped.  I became aware of pulsing lights in our bedroom....yep, busted! devil  The local constabulary was sitting on the side street just down from us.  One of our neighbors drives a school bus and knows all the cops.  

Kid got a warning which hopefully will help him be a little more aware of the time of day.  I need to go get my neighbor a Dunks card.

Antihero
2/1/23 3:32 a.m.

My dad had to take an ambulance ride tonight. I tried to get him in the truck to drive there but the mixture of Prednisone and too much CO2 retention made him irrational.

I'm very worried 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/1/23 6:31 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Many sympathies.  At least my dad's recent ambulance ride was just from hospital to hospital. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/1/23 8:18 a.m.

An observation more than a rant.

In school we learned I before E except after C, Ph makes an F sound and the T in often is silent.  Listening to the talking heads, some actors and radio personalities it sounds like the T is not silent.  Often is now Off Ten.

Carry on ....

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
2/1/23 8:34 a.m.

In reply to Karacticus and Antihero:

I hope both of your fathers recover well.  Sorry they're going through this.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
2/1/23 9:05 a.m.

God why won't people that are going to work on your house turn up when they say they will? I can't work from home today and you said you would get here first thing in the morning to do this.

Ashyukun (Robert)
2/1/23 11:56 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Hopefully everything is ok!

Ashyukun (Robert)
2/1/23 12:00 p.m.

Somehow I either overdid things swimming yesterday (seems unlikely) or I slept really wrong and my left shoulder is way out of whack. That or it took offense to The Dancer's asking me yesterday if I missed doing Kendo and ever thought I'd want to get back into it- the answer to which was that no, my shoulders would be really unhappy with me if I did that and that I've already snapped an Achille's once and have no desire to risk that again (especially since it would likely be the other one were it to happen at Kendo).

Antihero
2/1/23 1:12 p.m.

Apparently Prednisone Psychosis is a thing

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/23 2:51 p.m.

This is not my house. Great job, FexEx, great job.

1 ... 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V74kTms0elblzHb8hsmeCY0UjLuFY3f6xgHMA5fjjOH8C4UHNHJVPvSFnXFvUiKN