1 ... 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 ... 1926
wae
wae PowerDork
2/1/23 5:27 p.m.

uhm...  the potential side effects of one of these prescriptions are bit unsettling.  One of them is "false beliefs that cannot be changed by facts". 

Or is it?

Suddenly, I'm unsure of everything....

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/1/23 5:38 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Could be worse, side effects could also include anal leakage*

* An actual side effect for a drug I recall seeing in ads.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/1/23 6:04 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

I think that was also a thing with Olestra.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/23 6:07 p.m.
Peabody said:

In reply to wae :

Xenical got its own page on Maddox's website.

"You may experience gas with oily discharge, increased bowel movements, an urgent need to have them, and an inability to control them."

Wonder what would happen if you mixed Xenical and Grape-Nuts?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/1/23 6:11 p.m.
Peabody said:

In reply to wae :

Doctor Julie Keaton: "Plomox is the most effective anti-arrhythmic drug on the market right now. And it has minimal side-effects: Only nausea, impotence, and anal leakage."

Doctor Perry Cox: "I'm getting two out of three just from this conversation."

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/1/23 6:39 p.m.

In reply to wae :

That's the one!

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/1/23 6:41 p.m.

ICU is done with my dad, but they don't yet have a bed for him elsewhere. 

Apparently they are pretty happy with the state they've got his kidneys running in again, but there's some heart arrhythmia that he picked up while his potassium was pegged that they intend to address elsewhere. 

I guess that means that nephrology is running ahead in the game versus cardiology at this point. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/1/23 9:28 p.m.
Karacticus said:

ICU is done with my dad, but they don't yet have a bed for him elsewhere. 

Apparently they are pretty happy with the state they've got his kidneys running in again, but there's some heart arrhythmia that he picked up while his potassium was pegged that they intend to address elsewhere. 

I guess that means that nephrology is running ahead in the game versus cardiology at this point. 

If they are happy that's great news!

Antihero
2/1/23 9:33 p.m.

And for my update on my dad:

Just saw him at the hospital, he is doing significantly better. He's lucid which is a huge win. He was so bad that I literally don't know wtf was running thru his head and frankly never ever want to have to deal with again. His breathing is good but not great, they are holding his o2 at a good level but he's pretty much relegated to a bed for the time being. They expect him to be in for a while and it looks like some form of rehab/assisted care is in his future.

He is kinda sad that he may not live in the house that he built with his own hands ever again but I told him it might just be temporary too.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
2/1/23 10:59 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Peabody said:

In reply to wae :

Xenical got its own page on Maddox's website.

"You may experience gas with oily discharge, increased bowel movements, an urgent need to have them, and an inability to control them."

Wonder what would happen if you mixed Xenical and Grape-Nuts?

Before I retired,my MD would occasionally prescribe xenical.  He wasn't impressed with the drug but figured it was relatively harmless. If it was for a patient who was also a friend, he'd ask me to include in the directions. "This will make you E36 M3 yourself."

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/2/23 1:59 a.m.

I need a $2.99 part I can't get locally. Friggin $9 shipping. It shouldn't bug me as much as it does. But if I spend $75 I get free shipping, and there are other things on that site I could use for the same hobby. Things I legitimately intend to get, but I don't have the fun budget to get all of it, and getting some will mean I can't get the highest priority... it's a stupid little pickle I find myself in. 
Also I need to buy a new mattress. Somehow I've managed to get into my mid 30s without ever having actually paid for a mattress, and now my streak is about to be broken. Which also means we're going to have to postpone the family vacation six months. Again, not a big deal, but here we are. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/2/23 8:07 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

If you ran across the part at your LHS for $12 tomorrow, would you buy it and be done?

If so, just order it.  I've caught myself in that trap before.

[edit] Also, on the mattress, check with the biggest Goodwill in your area. I know they used to sell brand-new-in-bag mattresses pretty cheaply, because we bought one. The Habitat Restore may also.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/23 8:40 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

I have had really good luck with Amazon mattresses. 

I use THIS one at home and in my RV. It sleeps well and is not ridiculously priced. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/2/23 8:58 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Ok, you're a big boy too. Do you have the problem we have had with memory foam mattresses of them "melting" for lack of a better term and developing like body grooves, or do the hybrid springs prevent that?

We're looking for our third mattress in 3 years, both of us over 250lbs, plus we spend a lot of time just hanging out in our room. Straight memory foam is good for a couple months, then monthly rotations, then weekly rotations, then I sleep on the floor until we can afford another one. I'm getting sick of that schedule. 

About to go old school solid inner spring with a memory foam topper, but that hybrid looks interesting at a fair price. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/2/23 9:50 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'd rather pay the +shipping price if it was local. Nobody has it and the one place that can order it won't without placing a larger order from the manufacturer. It is what it is. Silly

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/2/23 10:16 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I haven't had much luck with memory foam mattresses. They get a crater about where my butt is and then my back is in agony. Innerspring mattresses will do the same, it just takes them longer. At my size, no matter what the mattress is it sags without regular rotations so we spin it every 4-6 months. I've tried everything from name-brand $2k mattresses to these from Amazon. The $2k versions don't hold up any longer and aren't any more comfortable than the $500 versions. With the inner springs, we rotate them regularly and just plan on replacing them every 4-5 years. 

If you want to stretch out the life of a mattress, throw a 2" memory foam topper on it. Then I fold towels between the topper and the mattress to fill the hole. It takes a couple of tries to get the layering right but it is comfortable and you can get another year or so out of a mattress. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
2/2/23 12:24 p.m.

Enzo. He's the 11yr old cane corso we've, ex and I, had since 5-6mo old.... he's ready to do my in along with the ex. Homeboy a couple weeks ago gave us a scare with a round of excessive drinking that is suspected to be an indicator of kidney failure. A vet visit, bloodwork, fecal sample later, along with $250, they tell us he's as healthy as he can be.

Fast forward to today and has a popped up through his skin a festering cyst with copious amounts of grey oatmeal like discharge... Yet another visit, some antibiotics, and pain pills to the tune of $85. 
Slowy but surely he is going to be the death of me.

PFA:

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/3/23 1:20 p.m.

Why the heck would you NOT shoot down a Chinese surveillance balloon?  Oh, yeah.  Bad China.  Don't do that again, but we're just gonna let it fly over the whole dang country so you can get all the intel you needed. 

Idiots.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/3/23 4:42 p.m.

A cartoonist's impression of myself,  the situation, and how I'm dealing with it:

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/3/23 6:42 p.m.

A couple weeks ago my dentist spotting something on an X-ray that he hadn't noticed before. I had a dark spot on the root of one of my lower canines under the bone line. He said it was probably caused by some kind of trauma in the past. He recommended I see a periodontist and have it checked out. She agreed that there was something going on there and said she wanted to do a "crown lengthening" or something to that effect. Basically, cut the gum between the teeth, grind away some jawbone to expose the problem area and then clean out the dead tissue. I had it done on Tuesday morning under local anesthetic. It wasn't as bad as I imagined. The worst part was that I could feel her cut the gum (even thought I was numbed up) and then pushing it between the teeth to get it out of the way. I was able to eat soup for dinner and honestly didn't feel too bad at all. Well, Wednesday night the pain train arrived. The gum felt like I had the world's worst canker sore and I had what felt like a really bad tension headache. Today was brought to me by the letter A, as in Ambesol and Advil.

Antihero
2/3/23 11:49 p.m.
Appleseed said:

A cartoonist's impression of myself,  the situation, and how I'm dealing with it:

I hope things get better for you and yours

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/4/23 12:05 a.m.

Well, its definitely lit a fire under our asses. There's a station wagon to be sold, a project bike that hasn't been touched in 10 years. Better jobs to apply for.

I'm too old to spaz out anymore. I'll care just enough about something as a means to an end. I am not surprised by bullE36 M3 anymore. I just don't berkeleying care. There's good stuff happening.  Bad stuff happening. A whole lot of nothing. Despite sounding negative ,  I mean this in a positive way.  Seriously. Like Walter Sobchak says, "Berk it, Dude...let's go bowling."

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/4/23 8:21 a.m.

Windchill was -40 last night. Tomorrow it will be 40 high. Welcome to New England.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/4/23 9:18 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

at least you're not in Mount Washington?

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/4/23 10:56 a.m.

E36 M3 hitting the fan at work again. They don't know what the berkeley they want to do. Last year it was 6 straight months of mandatory OT til the end of the year. (That was a bad move and major mistake on their part. So many people got burned out.) This year we have a huge budget cut and they don't want layoffs. Everything is already behind and mandatory OT is back on this month but with a catch. Do NOT work more than 5 minutes of your actual OT hours assigned or get written up. WTF! Oh wait, the break rotations we have 3 times a day is too much. We will only have 2 from now on. I am tired of having my ear chewed out from both sides of upper management and regular employees. Being the middle man there absolutely sucks. 

1 ... 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nf2VISyOpIZhwZgvsgmBn5RQTSN3Sfe6S2eCNTYDgcJo47mF4hrLxlD4EPACa4AP