1 ... 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 ... 1926
tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/23/23 10:35 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Tailpipe? No. The diaper disposal is that little grate at the bottom of the windshield. laugh

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/24/23 9:59 a.m.

I am berkeleying tired of waiting on people to do E36 M3. I have called the electrician about a billion berkeleying times over the last month to come finish off two little things at the garage and get the final inspection and I have heard berkeley all. I am waiting on a replacement tire from the dealership that they said would get in a couple days and I have heard berkeley all despite calling multiple times. I have asked the guy doing dirt work round the house multiple times if he can come get his jackhammer and he hasn't.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/24/23 10:00 a.m.

I have many reasons to say berk Dodge, but the biggest one possible is their V10.

You go make a massive, MASSIVE engine. Iron-soaked testosterone. You have lambo help you with the sports car version. You are in a position to make cheap, accessible V10s for the common American. And what the hell do you do? 

1. Poor aftermarket for your cheap, common truck engine so alterations are all custom.
  2. Poor heads means power is capped in the 300s.
  3. Wonky firing angles thanks to your demand to use V8 tooling.

I wanna jam an awesome V10 into an old muscle car for something unique and with presence and Dodge saw fit to make an engine born from compromise. You have to WORK to make ~300HP from 8.3 liters. BERK Dodge.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/24/23 10:14 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

I have asked the guy doing dirt work round the house multiple times if he can come get his jackhammer and he hasn't.

Post it for sale on marketplace and send him the link

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/24/23 11:16 a.m.
Peabody said:
93EXCivic said:

I have asked the guy doing dirt work round the house multiple times if he can come get his jackhammer and he hasn't.

Post it for sale on marketplace and send him the link

Honestly that one is the least of my worries. He does good work at low prices so I'd rather not piss him off.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/24/23 11:37 a.m.

After discussing issues of Founder 3 moving a bunch of stuff from the brewery and not putting it back.

Me: "I think we should also clarify what [Founder 3]'s role is in the company."

Owner: "We've had this discussion. He's the COO."

Me: "Yeah. But what does that mean?"

Owner: "It means he's the Chief Operating Officer."

Owner: "It means he's in charge of operations."

Owner: "Well, it's an intentionally broad role."

Me: "Okay. What is that role?"

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/23 11:50 a.m.

I'm really tired of dealing with self absorbed, entitled, and frankly borderline insane people lately. I have multiple people in my life who act like their needs are the only thing that should matter to everyone around them. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
5/24/23 11:51 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

"That's his job title, what is his job description?" has worked for me, before.

Still useless when the person in charge doesn't know, but it does shine a light on the problem.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/24/23 11:52 a.m.

Twenty-four hours before I'm supposed to take off on vacation, and my allergies decide to flare up and start absolutely whooping my ass.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/23 11:59 a.m.

really? It's a berkeleying laptop, of course it has frequent shut down. Except it hasn't been used in months. 

Where are the other sign in options then?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/24/23 12:06 p.m.
matthewmcl said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

"That's his job title, what is his job description?" has worked for me, before.

Still useless when the person in charge doesn't know, but it does shine a light on the problem.

I responded with, "What is he responsible for? We know what I am responsible for. We know what [Bar Manager] is responsible for. We know what [Sales Guy] is responsible for. We know what you are ultimately responsible for. What is [COO/Founder 3] responsible for?"

The reality is, he's effectively just a Consiglieri to the owner. He's a knowledgeable person to discuss high level decisions with so management level people (the bar manager and me) don't have to act wholly on our own discretion when the owner isn't available. Which is fine. That should be clarified.

Mostly, I want him to stop messing with my tools and equipment, and to put them back where/how he found them if he does use them.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/23 1:12 p.m.
CAinCA said:

I'm really tired of dealing with self absorbed, entitled, and frankly borderline insane people lately. I have multiple people in my life who act like their needs are the only thing that should matter to everyone around them. 

I have a couple of those in my life as well. One of them is a childhood friend who has made numerous mistakes in life and has yet to learn that he, not the entire rest of the world, is the obstacle. The other one is three years old. Both have a hard time keeping their emotions under control. 

RevRico
5/24/23 2:28 p.m.

Son of a bitch. I just got the electric craftsman leaf blower I bought in 2020 out and it's dead. 2 different cords, 2 different circuits, and nothing. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/23 3:11 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Smack it. It may have a hung up brush. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/23 4:05 p.m.

Client:  The thing you did costs too much!

Me: Well, that's what you asked for.

Client: I need it changed now!

Me:  I will certainly start working on it when you pay your last bill.

Client: What? Why?!

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/23 6:03 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:
CAinCA said:

I'm really tired of dealing with self absorbed, entitled, and frankly borderline insane people lately. I have multiple people in my life who act like their needs are the only thing that should matter to everyone around them. 

I have a couple of those in my life as well. One of them is a childhood friend who has made numerous mistakes in life and has yet to learn that he, not the entire rest of the world, is the obstacle. The other one is three years old. Both have a hard time keeping their emotions under control. 

Unfortunately, I'm related (by marriage) to two of them. The youngest of the three is in his late 50s's. But now that you mention it they do all kind of act like 3 year olds. At least with the 3yo there's a chance that they will grow out of it. With this crowd it seems like they are growing INTO it.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/24/23 6:10 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to Toyman! :

Once a large corporation wanted to package my pump connectors with their pumps.  A large volume order for us but I'm making 15%-20% GP. I wasn't happy about margins that low but it might be worth $500,000 in sales.  

Buyer tells me we have to agree to Net 90 payment terms as that's how large corporations roll.  At that point I wrapped it up and never called her again.  

I work at a car dealership.  A large collision center chain (rhymes with Raliber) contacted us about selling parts to several of their stores.  Their dictated business plan was 30% off MSRP and 90 days net payment.  They seriously did not understand why we were not interested.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
5/24/23 8:45 p.m.

Oh goody, the AC just died.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/25/23 9:45 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Oh goody, the AC just died.

Hopefully it's something simple (and relatively cheap, if not stupid) like the capacitor on our compressor that blew last year because a wasp decided to land on the both ends of the connection...

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/23 10:30 a.m.
Noddaz said:
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to Toyman! :

Once a large corporation wanted to package my pump connectors with their pumps.  A large volume order for us but I'm making 15%-20% GP. I wasn't happy about margins that low but it might be worth $500,000 in sales.  

Buyer tells me we have to agree to Net 90 payment terms as that's how large corporations roll.  At that point I wrapped it up and never called her again.  

I work at a car dealership.  A large collision center chain (rhymes with Raliber) contacted us about selling parts to several of their stores.  Their dictated business plan was 30% off MSRP and 90 days net payment.  They seriously did not understand why we were not interested.

I remember when Cal...err Raliber moved in around here. Local stores trying to set up accounts and then the national accounting department coming in saying that's not accepted and then listed those terms. Uh. Good luck. Go somewhere else, not dealing with that E36 M3.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
5/25/23 1:03 p.m.

I'm livid.

Today is opening day for our city pool. Free food, free admission. I live in a poor area so this would be a great treat for a LOT of the families in the area.

Too bad there was almost NO ADVERTISEMENT of the event by the city. It was mentioned briefly in a council meeting weeks ago in a list of upcoming events. In the past this event was plastered on social media, the city calendar, and the city website itself. This year? Nothing. Even worse the actual web page for our city pool is currently broken.

I emailed the city and only then was an announcement made, a full 1.5 hours after the event started.

I'm mad because a lot of kids who would have loved to go will have no idea it even happened. I'm trying to get the word out on my own best I can but I can only do so much.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/25/23 1:19 p.m.

Three rants:

1: Anthony.

2: Traffic. I live in a high traffic area and drive 40 miles each way. Increasingly people have dramatic pauses accelerating, be it a light changing or the person in front driving off. They are on their phones, which despite being easy and cheap to mount to their dashboards are still in their hands, and have to finish the Tweet before setting out again. I miss making it through lights every day because of this and it's infuriating.

3: HVAC at church. A kid kicked a ball and some stuff happened and then one of the two twin AC units didn't work. The first HVAC company, who we have been using for a while, said the compressor was grounded and recommended replacement of the unit. The twin unit was 2 lb low out of a total 6 lb, and being expensive R22, recommended replacement. A total of 17K. I need two quotes so I called me own personal HVAC guy. One afternoon, $538, and a new set of thermostat cables with conduit and a repair to the power conduit later, they are both running fine and both have a full charge.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/25/23 2:26 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

I'd see if you can talk them into another Free Admission day or two to make up for them dropping the ball this badly and give those kids a chance.

RevRico
5/25/23 2:28 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to RevRico :

Smack it. It may have a hung up brush. 

I'd beat the hell out of it because it was clogged a bit around the fan and nothing. Plugged it back in this morning, smacked it once, and it fired up. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/23 3:07 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Got to love electricity. 

1 ... 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xYskrTwBUW9LAgN95AVf332hJRp3NvJVTHyAZ2z9N9jVaKx7Iyr7SNU2lhxdlCpH