1 ... 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 ... 1928
johndej
johndej SuperDork
5/29/23 9:10 p.m.

Just hearing some stats on wealth, and ballpark estimates, Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is approximately just over 1% of the entire population between 25 and 40 years old. Tax the rich.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
5/29/23 10:17 p.m.

Whoever puts the stickers on new exhaust parts can kiss my ass. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/23 10:29 p.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

Run the engine a little.  With some heat in the pipes the stickers come right off without much work.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
5/30/23 8:37 a.m.

Doing my final move out steps and I'm at my wits end with robot phone help lines. Can't even spam the 0 key to get to a human anymore. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/30/23 8:55 a.m.

One of the CNAs I manage has no concept of manners and I've had to teach them some of the most basic things. I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to them that "If you don't say my name, I don't know you're trying to talk to me. Shouting makes me listen to you LESS." as if I need to explain every time what "Paramedic" on my badge means and how that explains why I get a glossy look in my eyes when someone is screeching. And now I brought in candies for the staff- and before I could even tell people they were for the floor she's rooting through them; do I seriously have to punish an adult woman like a 4 year old to teach them basic manners? Did I just need ANOTHER CNA to do the same thing to you? 

Appleseed said:

75, and beautiful weather.  Everyone has their windows open. Time to burn a varnished, green treated fence.

Thanks a lot you berking vajajay. I hope your dick stops working.

Someone was burning brush in my city despite us not having any rain for months now; the smoke hung everywhere, and coupled with all the wildfires in Canada it made people sick. Hope that bastard got arrested, how dumb can you be?

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/23 8:58 a.m.

Last Friday FBM suggested a listing that I was actually really interested in- a fairly nice non-bed-slinger 3D printer that was missing the main board & display for a stupidly low price. Immediately messaged the seller to confirm he still had it and what it was and negotiated an even better price. With the parts I'd have needed to get to fix it, it would have ended up around $200 but would have been a really nice replacement for my original printer my Dad is buying in a few months. Unfortunately, I was busy all Friday with The Dancer sorting crap for her non-profit's yard sale on Saturday so wasn't able to get out to pick it up. I messaged the seller several times over Saturday with when I was available to go and get it, and again on Sunday. When I messaged to try and set up picking it up yesterday he said, "Oh, sorry- I sold it yesterday and forgot to take the listing down." 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/30/23 9:04 a.m.

The joker who trimmed the harness zip ties in the electrical box on my trailer can ride the edge of a 10 foot razor blade into a salt water swimming pool. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/30/23 9:17 a.m.
Karacticus said:

The joker who trimmed the harness zip ties in the electrical box on my trailer can ride the edge of a 10 foot razor blade into a salt water swimming pool. 

I really don't know why so many idiots have so much toruble with that.

First off, any time you have space, use regular pliers.  Grab the tail with the snout of the pliers up against the tie head, then twist.  It will stretch off and leave no sharp edge at all.

Second off, if you don't have space to do that, at least get the sidecutters up against the head.  It just ain't that hard and really doesn't take any extra time.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/30/23 9:50 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Side cutters, even tight against the head, still leave a sharp nub, guaranteed to find and shred your hand. You want flat sided dikes.

I made my own by grinding the short side flat on an old pair of side cutters.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/23 12:09 p.m.

Gboard changed its layout again.  Now I keep hitting rhe emoji button when i want a comma.

And what are these useless arrow buttons? I do the spacebar slide to move the cursor.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
5/30/23 12:29 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Duke :

Side cutters, even tight against the head, still leave a sharp nub, guaranteed to find and shred your hand. You want flat sided dikes.

I made my own by grinding the short side flat on an old pair of side cutters.

Any business installing zip ties regularly should use one of these, it's more efficient and addresses the concerns about tension and sharp edges:

Zip tie gun

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/30/23 2:16 p.m.

When the '14-18 GM trucks came out, replacing a condenser paid 7 hours. Three or four years ago GM cut the labor rate back to 3 hours. Today, I learned they cut it back even further to just an hour. They can go berkeley themselves for an hour's pay.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
5/30/23 2:27 p.m.

Lousy leaky air fittings, regardless of price.
Sick of the compressor running nearly constantly unless I turn it off every time I set the tools down.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
5/30/23 2:43 p.m.
johndej said:

Just hearing some stats on wealth, and ballpark estimates, Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is approximately just over 1% of the entire population between 25 and 40 years old. Tax the rich.

If you look at it dispassionatly you will find that "The rich" ALREADY pay most of the taxes.
And no, I am FAR from rich but do prefer factual discussion.
You want more income equity, stop buying from China.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/30/23 3:22 p.m.

Missed a narrow window on a sweet car today.

FB market, an '01 BMW 525iT - manual wagon, 135k miles listed last night. By the time I saw the ad this morning, someone was already test driving and ended up buying it.

Ugh. I really want an E39 wagon.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/30/23 3:56 p.m.

Rush delivery to The Far Side of Charlotte during rush hour and traffic. Means that I'm finally going to get back to clock out of work at about 6:30 tonight. Yay. And i didn't get lunch....

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/30/23 5:08 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Okay - I had mine done in 2019 so I pulled my paperwork - 2016 Silverado.

Independent guy - 4 hours labor

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/30/23 6:38 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

FB market, an '01 BMW 525iT - manual wagon, 135k miles listed last night. By the time I saw the ad this morning, someone was already test driving and ended up buying it.

My brother sent it to me this morning, I'm in NY

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/30/23 9:26 p.m.

I could be in the biggest berking parking lot in the world, and a berkin smoker will fire up a lung dart upwind of me. Its uncanny. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to planting you in a few years.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/30/23 10:01 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

Unless that car was in Delaware, I may have a lead on one for you.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
5/30/23 10:24 p.m.
johndej said:

And he got that rich by inventing and developing a product. It's the American Dream. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/23 10:29 p.m.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/23 10:01 a.m.

I have had to reglue two pairs of Keen sandals back together a total of three times. Which sucks, because they're one of the few sandals I can wear that fit well.  It seems the glue they use from the factory isn't up to the task of walking around in the shoes. Both pairs had the upper and lower layers of the sole split apart, and one pair had a strap pull out of the upper sole.

Using Shoe Goo corrects the problem permanently, but I'm left to wonder why they just don't glue them properly at the factory. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/23 10:03 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:
johndej said:

And he got that rich by inventing and developing a product. It's the American Dream. 

Inventing and developing, stealing and modifying, same thing, just ask bill gates. 

Not really sure what he has to do with China though, he's not even giving them the data he's farming.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/31/23 10:26 a.m.

Every option I can think of ends in violence and jail. I wish you didn't have any of this. Hopefully she gets hit by a bus.

1 ... 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EohyreobfyT4aY1zhfQpr6TDPsXe4ju3KHFbT7u8VbqMj4lmvF2JLWBR82f2OqHq