1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 291
grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/22 12:37 a.m.

Sister in law (39) has been in the hospital with what looks like Covid complications. We thought she might pass away for about a week but thankfully turned a massive corner and came home today! She'll be on a temporary pacemaker for a while and is still not out of the woods- but this is much better than last week! 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/22/22 8:56 p.m.

2 wins today

1: wife continues to be an enabler. Sent her a 280z project because I know I want to get into one, and she asked me when I was buying it, and offered for me to use "our" money instead of mine for it.

2: sold BMW calipers to someone frok FB marketplace, who seemed cool. Sent him GRM info after and turns out he's a challenge alumnus, super small world and very cool

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/22 9:00 p.m.
Flynlow (FS) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

laughlaughlaugh

Mini Cooper, so I'm assuming headlight bulb replacement? :p

You literally just have to open the hood and reach up, since the headlights are in the hood...

Doing a manual to automatic swap.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/23/22 10:30 a.m.

Went caving yesterday.  About a mile in and a few hundred feet down.  Sections were literally a belly slither, some were in knee deep water, some across utterly frictionless mud.  But we saw a couple of underground waterfalls and got a crazy workout and everyone made it out!   One of the hardest things I've done in a while and most of my body hurts today, good to push the limits sometimes.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/27/22 11:50 a.m.

Landed a new side gig dealing with tools. I'm stoked. No, I didn't buy a Snap-On truck. Just dealing with tool content. And I love any reason to look at car tool catalogs.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/27/22 4:52 p.m.

The city recognized the general mayhem and is allowing more or less no questions asked permit extensions.
Which is fantastic because I was going to be having a hard time getting the garage ready for rough electrical and final structural in a month.
I got a six month extension, and plan very much to be done and wrenching well before that...

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/27/22 4:58 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Image result from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/305189312255281208/

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/27/22 5:38 p.m.
Jesse Ransom said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Image result from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/305189312255281208/

Subaru 4 speed automatics are way stronger than the glass 5 speeds and an order of magnitude cheaper than the STI 6 speed, and probably lighter too.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/27/22 7:57 p.m.

I had donuts for breakfast. Then, I had donuts for lunch. Dinner? Tacos. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/27/22 11:33 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/28/22 1:18 a.m.

Successfully did a tough surgery today, neutered a bilateral cryptorchid dog. This means that neither testicle has descended to the scrotum. They can be under the skin in the inguinal area, in the muscle layer of the body wall, or anywhere in the abdomen from the kidney to the caudal pelvis. That's what makes it hard, you don't know where it's going to be. 

If you're lucky, you can feel them under the skin, and one was there, but this dog had some inguinal fat deposits, so even then it wasn't easy. I had to find the other one in the abdomen. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/28/22 7:41 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

My daughter, the fourth year vet med student, gives you an impressed "Ooh."

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/28/22 9:43 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

bilateral cryptorchid

Pretty sure I saw them open for Sepultura at the International Ballroom back in 1995.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/28/22 9:47 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

Nope. Nope nope nope. Caves are awesome but the thought of being stuck in a space in a cave under millions of tons of rocks.... nope

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/28/22 9:56 a.m.
slefain said:
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

bilateral cryptorchid

Pretty sure I saw them open for Sepultura at the International Ballroom back in 1995.

OK, you win the internet for today.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/22 10:39 a.m.

After like 2 weeks of waiting for some roof rack cross bars to show up I was finally able to toss on a factory audi roofbox on my avant.

therealpinto
therealpinto GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/28/22 10:57 a.m.

Helped a friends 16 year old son mount the speed limiter on their A-traktor build a couple of weeks ago. It was a nice garage day with a very keen, interested and polite kid - a win in itself.

This afternoon he texted me "there's a small gift on your porch". Yeah, like a whole tray of beer and wine (say 23 beers and a wine bottle). That's just too much! But I am happy.

Gustaf

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/28/22 11:15 a.m.
iansane said:

After like 2 weeks of waiting for some roof rack cross bars to show up I was finally able to toss on a factory audi roofbox on my avant.

That box must be terribly heavy.devil

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/28/22 11:22 a.m.
iansane said:

That thing is about as Eurotrash as it gets.

I love it.

barefootskater5000
barefootskater5000 PowerDork
1/28/22 11:39 a.m.
Duke said:
iansane said:

That thing is about as Eurotrash as it gets.

I love it.

Especially juxtaposed next to that Ford. Dunno where that is, but I want to go there. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/22 11:52 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater5000 :

It's a hell of a switch going from the furd to the uberwagon.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Ha! Just broken audi suspension. ;)

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/28/22 2:40 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

I like the look. The wheels have that touring car look. If I was buying new wheels I'd put something like that on my GTI. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/28/22 2:42 p.m.

FedEx claims that my track tires are "On FedEx vehicle for delivery". If they get delivered today I can go to Laguna again on Sunday. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/28/22 3:41 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

Went caving yesterday.  About a mile in and a few hundred feet down.  Sections were literally a belly slither, some were in knee deep water, some across utterly frictionless mud.  But we saw a couple of underground waterfalls and got a crazy workout and everyone made it out!   One of the hardest things I've done in a while and most of my body hurts today, good to push the limits sometimes.

That image was enough to make me quiver a bit due to a fear of confined spaces...  Everyone looks like they had a ball!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/28/22 3:49 p.m.
Mndsm said:

In reply to KyAllroad :

Nope. Nope nope nope. Caves are awesome but the thought of being stuck in a space in a cave under millions of tons of rocks.... nope

The mass of rock didn't bother me.  The bit that I'm not a fan of was the low crawl area where I literally couldn't roll on my side because the opening top to bottom was lower than my shoulders are wide.  Also, the last 1/2 hour coming out was challengingly uphill while my headlamp was fading (4+ hours on the 3 AAA batteries, it was getting dim), I had backup flashlights but the thought of being down there in the dark is unnerving.

One of the things that kept everyone moving once we were down there is that there isn't an option.  There simply is no "time-out, I quit/wanna get off this ride now".  You just keep moving forward no matter what.  One of the women had a full go-to-pieces sob when she emerged from the cave and has since said that it's the single thing she's most proud of accomplishing in her life.

1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TsH4lzG0rBnBozms2YKDJo0tibUJ9BkJarPgrU7UjAjfaVpwkcPNyNpPP1XgTdOG