1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 ... 292
Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/2/22 10:10 a.m.
NickD said:

Oh, I never heard, what are your thoughts on the Nankangs? 

Only had 1 event so far, they'd been on the car about 24 hours at the time, and it was in the mid/low 50s temperaturewise.

I'll reserve judgement until after the 28 May event.  No real complaints, but all around, conditions were far from ideal for them.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/3/22 5:08 p.m.

I accidentally a Blackstone this morning, for well below retail average.

wae
wae PowerDork
5/3/22 5:14 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Ooh, nice!  The only complaint I have about mine is that the sticker on it says that it has a shelf for "plenty"of space for food prep.  Blackstone and I have tremendously divergent  ideas of what constitutes "plenty".

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
5/3/22 8:19 p.m.

Dinner was roasted veggies (broccoli, zucchini, squash, and carrots), rice pilaf, and pan-fried pork chops. The chops were thin cut, so I tossed them in a medium-high heat cast iron pan, and fried them in butter with salt and pepper. 

They turned out perfectly. I did a happy dance...

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/22 10:12 a.m.

LEGO has come out with some nice car sets lately, and one that I've been trying to track down for a while is their minifig-scale Countach, but it has been sold out almost since it was released. Yesterday I ordered another set to pickup from Target and on a whim decided to check and see if they'd gotten in any of the Countachs, and...

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/22 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

This last batch has been good. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/4/22 12:35 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Nice! If I had the space, I'd pick up all of the cars- especially the smaller Speed Champions ones. I keep saying that one of these days I'm going to try and make a Speed Champions-scale DeLorean, but haven't had the time yet. I'm also jealous that you apparently have them at work- I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the large box of LEGO helicopters I brought back from mine when they drastically downsized the office and I lost my permanent desk since I primarily work from home now.

Another win today: the box from LEGO with two of the new Succulents sets showed up, which works out well since I'm probably not going to be able to go and swim tonight since I'm under the weather and will be able to put at least one together to surprise The Dancer with when she gets back from teaching her evening dance class.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/4/22 1:06 p.m.

Was going to get that with my recent order, but it was out of stock.  Might hunt one down, too, as I think it is probably the best looking of the current Speed Champions sets.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/4/22 1:19 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

It's been OOS at LEGO for a while (like the DMC, unfortunately- I want a second one), I just got lucky that Target had one. I checked and my Target had several more if you wanted me to swing by and grab one for you. It's probably my favorite of the Speed Champions so far- at least the stock ones (I have the Ferrari F8 rebuilt into the 308 GTS Quattrovalvole from Magnum P.I. and it looks nice).

EDIT: Aaaaand I just checked and the stores here in town are sold out of them, but you can order them from Target.com. I almost grabbed a second one yesterday, they had 3 on the shelves. Sorry.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/4/22 1:25 p.m.

No worries - I still have quite the backlog of sets to build at this point.

Ashyukun (Robert)
5/4/22 1:31 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I'll keep an eye out for one. If you don't end up wanting it, they seem to resell well or I could save it for a Christmas presesnt since I have a lot of family that likes LEGO. I've got a modest backlog as well, though they're all fairly small sets (the only kind I have much room for at the moment...).

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/6/22 9:07 a.m.

I had some chorizo and hatch chili raviolis that I got at ALDI for dinner last night and they were goooooood

RevRico
5/6/22 5:09 p.m.

thanks Amazon. Haven't had these in years.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/22 6:35 p.m.

I just picked up 2 LEGO Countachs at Walmart. One to build and one to save.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
5/7/22 12:34 p.m.

My wife scored a 34pc socket set for $20 on sale at Costco.

The same set is $40 at HD and $50 from Amazon.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/7/22 2:02 p.m.

The tow dolly i just bought was much nicer than expected. 

Flew up north last night so I could co-drive home with AK1. Got her to listen to some Jordan B Peterson. She dug it.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/7/22 8:44 p.m.
RevRico said:

thanks Amazon. Haven't had these in years.

I can buy one of those at every gas station or convenience store within a hundred miles of me.  Are they rare in other parts of the world?

RevRico
5/7/22 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I've only ever seen them in Canadian border towns here in the states. Same as Aerobars. 

We don't get the good candy down here. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/7/22 9:57 p.m.

Say what you will about Jeff bezos, but when I can overnight myself a commercial air king box fan- life is good. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/9/22 7:22 a.m.

Saw The Hu last night. Great concert.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/22 10:01 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

Saw The Hu last night. Great concert.

They were great all 3 nights I saw them in a row and I liked all the new songs I heard. The song they do last before the encore, called The Mongol maybe?, Is my favorite. Definitely not a fan of The Haunt though, weird opening band for The Hu too.

Did they do Sad But True as an encore there too?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/9/22 10:36 a.m.
Antihero said:

They were great all 3 nights I saw them in a row and I liked all the new songs I heard. The song they do last before the encore, called The Mongol maybe?, Is my favorite. Definitely not a fan of The Haunt though, weird opening band for The Hu too.

Yup. "Sad but True" was the encore. This was one of the few shows where I felt like they really earned an encore instead of it being obligatory.

I enjoyed the new stuff too. Really hoping for a new album in the near future.

I was fine with The Haunt. They were solid and fun. Good energy.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/9/22 11:15 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I can run by the wholesaler and pick up a crate of them for you...

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/9/22 11:51 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
Antihero said:

Yup. "Sad but True" was the encore. This was one of the few shows where I felt like they really earned an encore instead of it being obligatory.

I enjoyed the new stuff too. Really hoping for a new album in the near future.

I was fine with The Haunt. They were solid and fun. Good energy.

I took a video of the crowd in Spokane before they did their encore, it was the most energetic I've ever seen that venue, I should probably upload it sometime.

I think the new album is releasing in fall, I'm definitely buying it as soon as I can.

The Haunt had zero energy when we saw them, very flat. I'm admittedly not a fan of the sort of alt rock/pop punk/whatever they play either. I kinda felt bad for them because the crowd was definitely not into them at all 2 of the 3 nights, like......900 of 1000 people just kinda stared at them, it really isn't a great matchup for The Hu's music although I'm not sure what is

1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VtaWHQGKEnxqsApA8Ohqb4632QBSDe7lSGnqYo1gVfO9YhbdAg5mpuDzRRXda67i