1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 292
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/22/22 9:51 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

letter from HR awarding me a 5% merit increase.  "Thanks for all of your hard work, PC"

I guess AngryCorvair needs to be renamed InAGoodMoodCorvair now.

wae
wae PowerDork
6/23/22 7:20 a.m.

My imprisonment is over!  I'm allowed to leave the house today!

...but it's my wife's in-office day, so I'm staying home anyway.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/23/22 10:22 a.m.

Uncle Casey garbage picked a Porsche .  Sure, its plastic, but it's free. A new battery and it works.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/23/22 10:34 a.m.

I use an Evoluent vertical mouse.  I absolutely love it and it solved my chronic shoulder issue when I got it a few years ago.

I got a new computer a week or two ago, and on the new computer the mouse lagged terribly even after replacing batteries, updating drivers, etc.  It drove me nuts but I wasn't going back to a regular mouse.

Finally in desperation I got a USB extension cable and moved the BT dongle up to right under my monitor, close to the mouse.

Problem solved!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/24/22 7:44 a.m.

Submitted 3 resumes on Tuesday. Got contacted within 48 hours about two of them asking when we could do a phone/zoom meeting. I think, "In a pool of applications your resume immediately stood out to us," is a good sign.

Rant-ish bit: Now I'm all anxious and keep checking my e-mails waiting for them to confirm time slots. Ahh! Let me know when you want to talk! The suspense is killing me right now!

...also kinda feeling Imposter Syndrome...

wae
wae PowerDork
6/24/22 9:02 a.m.

24 hours since my last dose of Paxlovid and the god-awful taste is finally gone.  That E36 M3 is a straight-up miracle drug, but the last 5 days have been like someone sprayed bug spray, brake cleaner, and manure in my mouth.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/22 9:08 a.m.

In reply to wae :

"Side effects may include feeling like you are at a dusty rallycross."

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/24/22 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I don't know the first thing about what you do (and honestly just have never gotten a taste for beer), but it's quite clear both what you've posted about your job and how quick of a response you got that you very definitely know what you're doing and have the skills to do it well. Just don't think too much about the interviews or let yourself get inside your head about them. I know that Imposter Syndrome can be a bitch, but just remember that they jumped at the chance to talk to you- but also remember that these positions may not be a good fit so just be yourself and be honest and see what happens.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/24/22 10:22 a.m.

Dropkick Murphy's, at the Palace, playing their new acoustic album of unreleased Woody Guthrie songs? Why yes, I did just get tickets. 

wae
wae PowerDork
6/24/22 10:35 a.m.

Damn, this is just shaping up to be an awesome day!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/24/22 10:42 a.m.

In reply to wae :

You too? Jesus, it tasted like a cheap pair of flip-flops.

wae
wae PowerDork
6/24/22 10:46 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Apparently it's a fairly common side effect.  I feel like I must have gained fifteen pounds from all the crap I kept eating just to have some other taste in my mouth.  You know it's bad when you swish Listerine around for two minutes after aggressively brushing your teeth and tongue and roof of your mouth and as soon as you spit, the ass-taste is back.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/24/22 10:46 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I think I'm mostly anxious and antsy. I'm excited about these possibilities and itching to see what happens. They said they want to interview, and I just want them to get back to me to actually schedule when.

My honestly biggest fear is they'll both respond wanting to schedule interviews for the same time block.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/24/22 12:41 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

My honestly biggest fear is they'll both respond wanting to schedule interviews for the same time block.

Are you kidding? That's a great problem to have. "Gosh, I'm sorry, I have another interview scheduled for 10:00. Can we do 1:30?" They'll realize you have other options and that they need to be competitive, unless they're incredibly cynical and think you're bluffing, but that seems unlikely - and if they are that cynical, you probably don't want to work for/with them anyway.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/24/22 9:27 p.m.

Rallycross has started

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/24/22 9:59 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:
Beer Baron said:

Are you kidding? That's a great problem to have. "Gosh, I'm sorry, I have another interview scheduled for 10:00. Can we do 1:30?" They'll realize you have other options and that they need to be competitive, unless they're incredibly cynical and think you're bluffing, but that seems unlikely - and if they are that cynical, you probably don't want to work for/with them anyway.

Yeah,  that's not a problem.  Any employer you want to actually work for will work with you on scheduling an interview.  Good luck.  I hope they both offer you exciting positions and you have a tough choice to make.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/28/22 7:06 p.m.

Got one interview scheduled for tomorrow, and the other scheduled for Friday.

Feels a bit weird finally getting the ball rolling on getting things planned out 1-2 quarters out like I've said for years that we've needed to, when there is a strong possibility I won't be with the company in a few months.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/29/22 6:37 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/30/22 10:27 a.m.

Winter heat is squared away, for $802. Love my pellet stove.

Folgers
Folgers Reader
6/30/22 6:40 p.m.

Surveyors  found the corner marker in the neighbors drive way! What I have planned  is going to be epic!

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
6/30/22 7:53 p.m.

We were finally able to adopt my foster daughter of almost 6 years yesterday, just a few days before her 6th bday.

just bought home a new truck for wiffee and traded in for very near the purchase price of it new in 2015.

Life is good with much to be thankful for, be excellent to each other dudes.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/1/22 10:31 p.m.

My wife wanted to be left alone for her birthday, so i got to take the teenager to the demo derby. 

That was FUN

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/2/22 9:24 a.m.

I survived one of the worst weeks I've had in a long time. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
7/2/22 10:12 a.m.
84FSP said:

We were finally able to adopt my foster daughter of almost 6 years yesterday, just a few days before her 6th bday.

Major major win!

My win: today is finally moving day! We looked at and inspected the house in February. So it's been a process.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
7/2/22 10:23 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Uncle Casey garbage picked a Porsche .  Sure, its plastic, but it's free. A new battery and it works.

This is a situation where there is a thing such as a cheap Porsche!

1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ChEfF1YJdlSokvFEDY5J7euaJdsEdLTV9eJjs30dOPEm2TStja6yLVizQYYn52BG