1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 ... 292
Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/22 2:13 p.m.

Got to meet Wally and Coffee Girl in person.  They are both riots and even though it was only a couple of hours for dinner, the conversation did not disappoint.

Thanks, Wally!

Only downside is a schedule conflict prevented DW from being there too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/20/22 2:16 p.m.

Had a tailgating asshat behind me this morning. I got him to almost roll his JEEP by trying to tailgate me too fast through a curve.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/20/22 5:00 p.m.
Duke said:

Got to meet Wally and Coffee Girl in person.  They are both riots and even though it was only a couple of hours for dinner, the conversation did not disappoint.

Thanks, Wally!

The time that I hung out with Wally, my chest hurt from laughing so much.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/20/22 5:03 p.m.

I signed on a new chicken plant today as a service account. My first entirely new customer!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/20/22 5:24 p.m.
Duke said:

Got to meet Wally and Coffee Girl in person.  

did I miss the sign up sheet?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/21/22 2:07 p.m.

In contrast to my recent post in the rant thread...

Win #1: My wife and I did not get Covid despite being at an event where it has been spread to at least 3 people we were talking to. Yay for vaccines!

Win #2: Despite my displeasure at needing the side gig, I legitimately love it. Just wish I could do it full time. I'm feeling better and am happier with it.

Win #3: I defriended some folks on Facebook rather than engaging. 

Win #4: The dog has calmed down in this cooler weather; or rather he's happy just being outside and doesn't want to be inside where he can be a little bit of a menace

Win #5: My wife made banana bread the other day. I ate too much of it, too quickly, and now we're out... But the bananas have gone bad again laugh

Win #6: I'm making pizza on the grill for dinner tonight. It'll be a 10PM dinner, but still

Win #7: I'm caught up with Andor. So far it has been awesome. New episode next week, along with Tales of the Jedi premiering. 

Win #8: I spelled "premiering" correctly without having to look it up, assuming the forum's spellchecker is correct. 

Win #9: I'm slowly but surely making progress on some mundane but important projects to better myself and my mental health.

Dusterbd13-michael
10/21/22 2:29 p.m.

Today's win: i was able to button 38 waist pants for the first time since i quit smoking.  It wasn't easy, but I was able to do it. Closest I was able to come previously was the button an inch from the hole

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/21/22 3:04 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

SUCK IT IIIINNNNNNN!!!laugh

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/22 3:06 p.m.

The SunJoe electric wood chipper is NOT an enormous piece of E36 M3. Woohoo for cheap gambles.

Dusterbd13-michael
10/21/22 3:10 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

SUCK IT IIIINNNNNNN!!!laugh

berkeley yeah i did!!! And buttond them bastards!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/22 5:34 p.m.

Won an auction for some yard tools I needed that included a monster chainsaw. Running condition and bar size unknown. Got it home and it fired right up and the bar is 30", conveniently the max my chainsaw mill will accept. Now maybe I can finally turn some logs into semi-straight boards that will take up space until I use them.

wae
wae PowerDork
10/21/22 5:39 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Groovy!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/22 5:57 p.m.

In reply to wae :

This one might be a bit unwieldy for arm mounting. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/21/22 6:01 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Oh, but the carnage you will be able to dish out.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/22/22 11:31 a.m.

My 14 y/o daughter had knee surgery two days ago because she inherited my $hitty DNA.

I dropped by Starbucks yesterday on my way home from work to get her a treat.  The barista asked me if I wanted whip cream on it and I said "yes, it's for my daughter who just had knee surgery so let's splurge".  When I got up to the window the barista said "no charge, we wish her well"; sniff

It has been a while since I've seen an authentic (rather than for profit virtue signaling) random act of kindness.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/22 9:44 a.m.

I still have both my feet

It always worried me that I had nine pounds of cheap aluminum and a 40 year old pressure plate shaped like a fragmentation grenade spinning faster than an angle grinder in the plane of the firewall

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
10/24/22 4:40 p.m.

A minor win wrapped up in a month of winning. This month I've refocused on my mental, physical, and spiritual health. Part of that was to set a goal for running again. Today I did this:

Half marathon, but it's something. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/24/22 7:01 p.m.

I left two 5 gallon jugs of av gas unsecured in the race car trailer.  The minor win is that neither of them fell over after I towed the trailer about 30 miles.  One scooched its way out into the middle of the floor and the other was sitting right where it belonged.  Stupid is supposed to hurt but it's nice when it doesn't.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/22 9:46 a.m.

I was 7th on single fastest run, so I prefer to look at 3-run average. Matt M is chief driving instructor here at BMW (he only did one run) and James C (Clay) is, yes, *that* James Clay. So I'm OK with 3rd.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/25/22 11:25 a.m.

2nd round of interviews on Friday.  Woo!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/25/22 4:04 p.m.

I just booked our vacation to Hawaii. I've never been and I'm excited!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/22 2:03 a.m.

Due to a shortage of rooms, my hotel room has been upgraded for free to a playboy pad/honeymoon suite complete with jacuzzi and gratuitous mirrors in most of the places you'd expect. As someone who rarely has any luck or opportunity with women (and, related, hardly had any money for most of my life), I feel like I've been temporarily granted a superpower. Gotta do my best to make this work for me as early as possible tomorrow, not sure I'll get to keep this room if I extend. I don't know how I'll sleep with all this excitement even though I need sleep badly. Actually, I can think of one way but perhaps I should refrain? laugh

Dusterbd13-michael
10/26/22 7:29 a.m.

The cans of touch-up spray paint I bought match the sprayed out of a gun paint exactly. I can't even tell where I sprayed it. Same gloss and everything. I've never had this much luck with spray paint.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/26/22 1:31 p.m.

I just got a new pixel 7 pro. And then left it on the roof of my s4 when I went for a test drive after heater core replacement. 

It was still there 15 miles later, unmoved and more importantly undamaged.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/22 9:25 p.m.
Duke said:

Thanks, Wally!

We had a lot of fun too, and she was happy to finally meet a friend that wasn't named Chris, she'd met Chris Mahi Mahi over the summer and my best friend Chris in Virginia a few weeks ago.  When we got home I told her I was pretty sure Duke was a nickname and your real name was Chris.  

1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uzdu1XpmlZgEBsL6HyjUkqTTxe7QaTfdLDKyfaLZDsKEjkix5NdILJGAQgDqU8n5