1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 ... 291
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/9/23 10:53 p.m.

I have nothing to do tonight, it's been.....3 months? Since I've had an evening off.

I'm watching a Scrubs marathon, have had a smokey scotch and had a great dinner. And I played video games , doing nothing productive.

I desperately need this

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/10/23 8:14 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Omg after the kids were in bed the other night a friend came over and we drank beer and played old video games. It was glorious. I hadn't laughed that much in a long time. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/10/23 10:04 p.m.

Going to see They Might Be Giants in the near future, with the horn section.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/11/23 7:10 a.m.

Last night I cleaned the kitchen and then spent 2+ hours in the garage, cleaning and getting a desperately needed shelf for my office started. I'm only slightly over complicating it and I feel good about it..

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/11/23 7:31 a.m.

Where the wife works does annual employee sales. One year is silent auction, next year is cash n carry. 

This year was cash n carry. $25/ construction style garbage bag, whatever you can fit in it. 

She got me $500 worth of boots and hats, 4 pairs of work shoes for her, 2 pairs for the little one, and an entire summer wardrobe for the little one. For $25 freaking dollars!!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/11/23 10:34 a.m.

There was a dmv across the street from my first customer today. In and out in less than 10 minutes with the miata back on the road. 

And cheaper than expected by $100!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/11/23 10:39 a.m.

We're having an SCCA awards banquet this year! We haven't had one since 2020, and I was a bit worried it was just going to fade away permanently like the summer picnic did a couple years back. We didn't have one in 2021 for obvious reasons, and then we planned to have one last year, but our venue tried to hit us with a 23% price hike and when we balked at that, the guy who had volunteered to organize it said "If we aren't holding it at Dinosaur BBQ, then I'm not planning it anymore."

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/11/23 11:16 a.m.

We have a date set for the movers to move our belongings from the seacans to the house. After 18 months, I can *finally* go home and start to live normally.

RevRico
1/11/23 4:02 p.m.

The sorry excuse for a toilet stain across the street moved his berkeleying rooster out today. 

I didn't even have to change my Wi-Fi network name or offer to purchase it from him. 

Hooray for temporary silence.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/11/23 4:51 p.m.

Wine tasting at work.

Taproom manager and I ordered a case of Prosecco to split. Had a mind-blowing sake that I'm going to snag several bottles of.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/12/23 9:52 a.m.
Duke said:

Going to see They Might Be Giants in the near future, with the horn section.

Saw TMBG last night and as always They Did Not Disappoint.

Show was at Union Transfer in the NE quadrant of center city Philly.  First time there, for them and us.  Terrible neighborhood, decent venue, but I think I'm getting too old for GA concerts.  Being TMBG it was a reasonably mature and decently behaved crowd, but standing around for 3 hours or so getting jostled isn't really that fun anymore.

However, the TMBG sound was good and they always get the "loud enough but not too loud" setting just right.

I hadn't been aware (and maybe they weren't until last night), but this was a FLOOD show, where they play the whole 1990 album.  I was very mildly disappointed that they didn't play the whole thing in order straight through, but they have a big catalog (22 albums!) to play with and I didn't mind them mixing it up.  At one point they played a more obscure later song and they had to ask the crowd what album it was on because they couldn't remember.

Plenty of fan favorites and they are always a well-rehearsed, high-energy live show.  The inter-song banter between the two Johns is always hilarious and they were on point last night.  They really do seem to just make up a lot of this E36 M3 as they go along, and they are very interactive with the crowd.  There was no opening act, so they played two sets - 50 minutes first set, small break, and more than an hour for the second set, including 3 encores.

One of the highlights:  During the first set, they played / sang "Sapphire Bullets" backwards while recording it.  Then they opened the second set by playing the recorded video backwards, so the song came out the right way.  It sounded surprisingly accurate.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/12/23 10:18 a.m.

Sounds similar to the Big Sugar show I saw last month. It was the 25th anniversary of the Heated album, and it did not disappoint either. It was on a work night for me so I worked 12hrs, then met my wife and kids at the venue, about 40 minutes from work. They started playing at 8:20 and about 11:00 when my kids said they were leaving PW said we should go too, it's late. Nope, I'm getting my $30 worth, we're staying, and it went till 11:45. My feet were killing me.

Duke said:

Went out to dinner tonight and our waitress had a really cute ass.

That reminds me, I saw a new place in town a few weeks back so we went that night. It's a Ukranian restaurant, and literally a Mom and Pop shop, their daughter does the serving. She gave us the menu, along with with a pen. Please make any corrections needed, our English is not very good. I got the pork hock with sauerkraut and roasted potatoes. It was not only huge, and incredibly tender, it was $17.

I took note of her walking away several times. We'll be going back, I need to investigate further.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
1/12/23 10:28 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Reminds me of when I saw them 2 years ago, The Squad began shouting for JAMES K POLK and I'll be dipped if they didn't pony up and start playing it. We then promptly did the same for the Courage the Cowardly Dog theme. Great show.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/12/23 10:48 a.m.

It's mid January.  The grass is green, and my cistern is full

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/23 12:37 p.m.

My week long bout of heartburn finally subsided Friday night. I'm being careful about what I'm eating but so far so good. I also seem to be catching up on the sleep I've been missing for the last 3 nights. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/17/23 7:23 p.m.

A little more than two years ago, despite what the little voice inside was telling me,  I paid $4000 for a bike I really shouldn't have. I could not, in any way, get into that bike. Every time I worked on it, it pissed me off and I learned to hate it more and more each time.  Aside from the day I bought it, over those two years I never once rode it.

This morning I had an idea. I posted it on a private FB page I'm on for pit bikes, asking if there was any interest in a trade before I go ahead and put it on Marketplace or Kijiji. What I was actually doing was trying to avoid that altogether. I was honest about the bike, and my experience, and it worked. One of the fellow members contacted me right away and we negotiated all day. He was really good, but I stood my ground on price and kept adding spares and parts (that came with the bike anyway) throughout the day.

I just dropped it off at his house and he paid me in $100 bills. It was a particularly satisfying experience.

RevRico
1/18/23 3:33 p.m.

While investigating why my electric usage is through the roof, I accidentally got the power company to see our local transformer is at and sometimes over its operating limits, so they're going to replace it. 

Didn't solve my problem, but I fixed a neighborhood issue.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/18/23 9:00 p.m.

Previous house owner left a collector edition Davey Allison knife in the utility room. I bet I can retire off this!laugh

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/18/23 9:56 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

It's a Case too.  Get ready to WIN!

My father-in-law had me list a Case knife on eBay and it sold for $850.  Of course his was a four blade, bone handle, brand new in the original Case box from the 1965-1969 era.........

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
1/21/23 3:29 p.m.

A year and a half ago some people I know and I bought a plane.  They have all used it but life was in the way for me. 

Today I finally saw and flew it for the first time.  My pilot training is now back on after an 18 year break.  

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
1/21/23 5:32 p.m.

For the first time in months, my car has no lights on the dash.  Sensors were the culprit, so it took less time and money to fix than I was expecting.  

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/23/23 9:11 a.m.

This weekend:

• Went to Beer fest
  • fixed the snow blower in time to be used yesterday.
  • Fixed the display in my son's SAAB 9-5 ACC unit.
  • Fixed the power seat switch in the R class.
  • Replaced the center console cover in the R class.

All of that and Beer fest was first.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
1/23/23 12:43 p.m.

Her grandmas house just opened up since cousin moved to TX. We just re-upped our apartment through October, but even if we can't find someone to take over we can tough it out until the fall and go then. 
Pro-

2 more bedrooms. 
basement. 
yard. 
quiet agricultural neighborhood. 
1/3 rent we're paying now!!!

Con-  

-1 bathroom. 
+30 minute commute. 
Old house things. 

Seems like an absolute win. I've seen the place but never been inside. It's small but beats an apartment. There's talk of selling, and I could afford it.. going to a single bathroom might be tough, but that's a small price to pay. Literally save $1200/month, even if I have to drive a bunch more. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/23/23 3:55 p.m.

90% of our contents are in the house! Now to unpack / organize so we can actually LIVE there. The remaining 10% is in the shop, the Yukon, the camper, the trailer or the barn. 

We plan on (and have started already) downsizing and getting things put aside for the local auction house / to sell / garbage

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/23 4:13 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Just add a Pittsburgh toilet in the basement and you're good.

1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X9ekLlZxyn8sR5xRXwXWy1YAKIcKahxt8Tvp7uk9GgI2086k0QQAXTTUQfPbLweN