1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 ... 292
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/16/23 3:01 p.m.

I'm an avid Oakley fan. Didn't used to be, but they've started really cranking out stuff I like. Namely the clifden. 

I owned virtually every odd pair of clifdens out there, save one. The road fade space dust that was an Instagram (or Facebook I'm not really sure) exclusive about three years ago. I found out about them two years ago, well after they'd left production and sold out. 

I've periodically been searching the internet, idly googling them to see what hits. There's a long standing that is on ebay for $500. That's too much. I offered him a trade for a secret pair I have, never got a response. 

Last weekend I googled it, as I do, and got a second hit I've never had before. They were much more reasonably priced. 

They arrived today, and they're so much better than I could have hoped for.   

Tldr- super rare sunglasses. Only ever seen two pair for sale. I bought the other one. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/16/23 3:50 p.m.
Mndsm said:
NickD said:

Taco Bell is bringing back the Volcano Menu this summer.

OE36 M3. that was the king of taco bell. 

I've been praying for the return of the Volcano Burrito for years and figured Taco Bell was never going to bring it back, since they lost serious money on the original because they offered it as part of the $5 box deal, when the Volcano Burrito cost $3.75 alone.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/17/23 1:13 p.m.

Benefit of being the IT guy and have next to no one in the office today.  Setting up new laptops in the Training Room. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/23 3:02 p.m.

Not sure if this belongs under minor win or minor rant: 

Rant: Being an adult means dumping large sums of money into our home instead of a seriously fun car (or two).

Win: We're installing a new HVAC (HE 5 ton heat pump with 2 stage fan and 2 zones) and 10.4kW solar system this month. The good news is that our utility bills will basically evaporate and the system will pay for itself in about 6 years. The solar system should cover all of our electrical needs for the foreseeable future and the utility will buy our excess at market rates.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
3/18/23 8:44 a.m.

Apparently I do need this vacation.  All checked in and through security now but 5 minutes of pure panic on the bus in from the remote parking area that’s 25 miles from the airport an hour or so ago.  We had just gotten on the highway on the bus when I realized my phone was still in the car.  Minor win is I had decided to bring my iPad along last minute and even remembered the charger for it.  I’m so fried right now, LOL.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/23 9:24 a.m.
NickD said:
Mndsm said:
NickD said:

Taco Bell is bringing back the Volcano Menu this summer.

OE36 M3. that was the king of taco bell. 

I've been praying for the return of the Volcano Burrito for years and figured Taco Bell was never going to bring it back, since they lost serious money on the original because they offered it as part of the $5 box deal, when the Volcano Burrito cost $3.75 alone.

It's like ten or fifteen cents worth of material, hastily assembled by low wage workers, managed by other low wage workers.  Taco Bell wasn't losing anything.

Now, bring back the 7 layer and I may have a reason to go back.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/23 2:08 p.m.
CAinCA said:

The solar system should cover all of our electrical needs for the foreseeable future and the utility will buy our excess at market rates.

I wonder if you could get "market rates" in Texas.  Because that would mean that in a situation like the big freeze out, you could probably pay off your house for what you'd get since their rates increase or decrease as a function of supply and demand.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/18/23 4:24 p.m.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
3/19/23 8:43 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

That is not a win, it is a miracle!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/20/23 8:45 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

LS header bolts are weird animals. Always broken, but 99% of the time, I just add a booger weld on the broken stud, grab with vice grips hot and it comes right out. Still feels like Jesus parted the waters when you get one out that easy though.

My win: My Sunday didn't suck for the first time in 4 weeks. Why? I started a new job a month ago. So far I haven't spent my Sundays stressed out, worrying about Monday, coordinating staff schedules, inputting time, writing emails, and anything else I tried to make my Mondays suck less. And they always sucked no matter what. 

wae
wae PowerDork
3/20/23 7:05 p.m.

For dinner I made pan-seared chicken thighs served over angel hair pasta with garlic spinach accented with a garlic parmesan sauce.  So garlic. Much yum.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/20/23 8:56 p.m.

Corned beef leftovers for days.

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/21/23 10:55 a.m.

It came out the top.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
3/21/23 11:33 a.m.

I have spring break this week and a bachelor's party approaching, but yesterday is one of the first days off I've had in a long time. I got to spend the entire day lifting, cleaning out and sorting my project room and hanging out with my cat. Even better was, I didn't feel like I had to forcemyself to do it; I just kind of naturally fell into working on it.

wae
wae PowerDork
3/22/23 12:17 a.m.

After typing out my fecal festival of an evening in the minor rant thread, it doesn't seem that bad, after all.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/22/23 12:33 a.m.

The battery in our Mazda 5 was completely dead Saturday morning because the dome lights were left on. No surprise that it was too weak to start this morning, so I grabbed a new battery on the way home. That's not exactly a win on its own, but the terminals and cables are still in good shape, and the old battery had a date sticker showing it gave seven years of service, so I don't even resent having to replace it. 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
3/22/23 11:53 a.m.

Just scored some fresh streets and cold weather autox shoes for Rabbit.  Wally world delivered 4 of the new Kumho V730's for 470 shipped which seemed like a steal for a solidly quick, if not the fastest of the 200TW crew.  Cleaned up the old Ronal Turbos and have them getting mounted.  Now to finish headgasket and some coolant hoses on Rabbit.  WIth any luck I can get it off to paint and have it back in time for Autox season...

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
3/22/23 5:13 p.m.

Found an escooter by the curb with a snapper front fork. Crappy design to allow for cabling to run through it.

Three hours later I had internally sleeved the fork and was riding it down the street. Now I just need a charger.

I had to drill through the head stock, the clamp, the fork, and the sleeve tube to make it all work again.

Yes that is a 16-penny nail for now. The downside is I can't access the fork nuts to tighten it up, so it is kind of janky to ride. But it works! Looks like a charger is only $40, so I'll be in it for cheap.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
3/23/23 8:04 a.m.

I'm currently updating the training maxes for the 5/3/1 program I have my youngest kid using. 

Stage one of the weight lifter golden ratio has been achieved (15 years of age, 5'8", 125 lbs);

OHP = 95

Bench Press = 135

Squat = 225

Deadlift = 315 

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/23/23 8:54 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

It came out the top.

LKQ even taught the replacement engine Morse code!

Wait, wrong thread

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
3/23/23 9:49 a.m.

Ever since I had the motor out and replaced water pump, hoses, radiator and fans at the same time, I've had a coolant smell after driving.   Put the dye in the coolant to find the leak with no luck. 

for 2 years I have been smelling and looking. Looking and smelling.  

I finally saw evidence of light spray around the upper hose (kind of tucked away and hard to see). 

I put two turns on the hose clamp and just realized that I haven't smelled hot coolant ever since 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/23/23 7:33 p.m.

My wife's new truck has now entered production!

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
3/25/23 11:33 a.m.
slefain said:

Found an escooter by the curb with a snapper front fork. Crappy design to allow for cabling to run through it.

Three hours later I had internally sleeved the fork and was riding it down the street. Now I just need a charger.

I had to drill through the head stock, the clamp, the fork, and the sleeve tube to make it all work again.

Yes that is a 16-penny nail for now. The downside is I can't access the fork nuts to tighten it up, so it is kind of janky to ride. But it works! Looks like a charger is only $40, so I'll be in it for cheap.

I have dozens of lithium battery chargers- it's probably a 24 volt. Give me measurements of the DC plug and the manufacturer/model and pay for shipping, and I'll see if I have a charger for you.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/23 7:50 a.m.

Smoked my first whole brisket in probably 18 years Saturday. Sat around drinking and eating with friends. Between the 3 of us, 100 years of BBQ experience, including one former restaurant owner. Consensus was I need my own restaurant.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/29/23 12:33 a.m.

My indie mechanic told me two years ago that my battery needs replaced on my car. Meh, I can do that myself. Mechanic is very thorough but seems anal at times.

I meant to replace the battery last fall but ran outta time, then the cold rolled in. 

Last week the battery failed, no bueno. I replaced it and all is good.

Hard to believe but it's the original battery, seven years old.

2016 Buick Regal.

1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
reqqTZc6cT626Awib5h4MGFuedw7t2NU0glHQLf7VVk3ighmzRvWymUPpUgebrD2