1 2 3 4 5 ... 292
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/20/16 4:05 p.m.

Dad told me to cut one of the mufflers off of my niece's truck. It was too quiet.

Not often a 72 year old man tells you to side pipe and make louder a 16 year Olds truck.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
2/20/16 6:13 p.m.

I took my six week old son to is first Cars & Coffee this morning and he seemed to enjoy it.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/20/16 6:25 p.m.

Made it back before the onset of numbness and tingling made it's down the back of my arm and hand. Excellent warm day that felt spring like. Enjoyed the heater blasting full bore with the top down

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/20/16 8:12 p.m.

I successfully turned the truck and trailer around on a muddy hill without getting either stuck.

fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
2/21/16 10:55 a.m.

Had a good job interview last week and have a date tonight

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/21/16 11:12 a.m.

I got most of the leaks stopped in the elky in less time than anticipated.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/21/16 7:48 p.m.

Went and worked the vintage races today. Over lunch they had worker ride alongs and I got to ride in a real deal 66 GT350 at race speed. Also, there was one of the Donahue '71 Javelin's there as well....And the icing on the cake, I got paid to be there.

Wxdude10
Wxdude10 Reader
2/21/16 9:07 p.m.

Took SWMBO and the boys to American Museum of Natural History in NYC. Had a blast. Boys loved it. Door to door from Chelmsford, MA to the museum's parking garage at 81st Street West and Central Park Ave West, 3.75 hours. Zero traffic, even on I95 in CT.

Oh... Plus dinosaurs.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/21/16 9:26 p.m.

Fly and drive unicorn retrieval. I'm so excited!

logdog
2/22/16 6:01 a.m.
fritzsch wrote: Had a good job interview last week and have a date tonight

Did the date go bad enough to end up in the rant thread or well enough for this one?

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
2/22/16 6:01 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Found a set of Toyo R1Rs with just one event on them for $150. Now I have rain tires for the CSPish Miata and something to wear to Miatas at the Gap this summer.

Picked up the tires yesterday (you rock spoolpigeon). They are as advertised and better, thanks SCCA and your capricious reclassing tire ratings . You orphaned many a tire out there which can no longer be run in street class, I suppose I'll do my best to love them on the street.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/22/16 12:51 p.m.

Today I dropped the kids off with the truck, came home and got the FJ Cruiser to have a new windshield installed. Dropped that to my wife at work and drove the V Wagon home. Fired up the STS Civic and went grocery shopping. Awesome.
But wait.......yesterday I took about 20 laps of a proposed Rally Sprint course in an AE86 Corolla. The day before that I was autocrossing the 911.
But wait.......on Friday I'm headed to Florida to pick up an R63 AMG.
AND I'm having tater tots for lunch today just because I want to!
This is what I always imagined being an adult would be like.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/22/16 1:02 p.m.

There's a new face in the family driveway.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/22/16 1:15 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

My wife loves her R350 but I would scrap it in a hot second for an R63. Very cool.

logdog
2/22/16 1:24 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: There's a new face in the family driveway.

Where is the build thread?

logdog
2/22/16 6:35 p.m.

I got to the hotel early enough to get a free cookie! Normally they are all gone.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/16 6:47 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

An R63 AMG!?! Holy hell, congrats. That's pretty damn awesome.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/16 6:53 p.m.

You are entitled to be jealous.

The missus gave me this for valentine's day:

You see, one of you dorks posted this ad here some time ago: Old Subaru ad photo 504x_Sug_Ads_Subarusexistad.jpg

I shared it with my wife, who remembered it, found out that it was in a Playboy from 1973. She then found an eBay seller who cuts out and sells magazine ads, bought it, and had it framed.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
2/22/16 7:16 p.m.

Shipment from Monster Miata arrived; now have all the parts to assemble the rear suspension and drive on the Molvo

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/22/16 8:06 p.m.

In reply to Mike:

That. Is. Awesome.
She's a catch.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
2/22/16 8:42 p.m.

I accidentally borked a Koni race shock for SWMBO's crx this weekend. I managed to hit the fill plug on something, then it farted out the gas and fluid. Talked to CRX Lee via PM today and found that the shock is salvageable. I was afraid I was going to have to buy a new one, or worse, a new pair.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
2/22/16 9:45 p.m.

Divorce papers were filed today.

I danced.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
2/23/16 9:54 a.m.
logdog wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote: There's a new face in the family driveway.
Where is the build thread?

At this point that would be a very boring build thread. It would be a documentation of me driving to work and occasionally fixing something.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
2/23/16 10:37 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Today I dropped the kids off with the truck, came home and got the FJ Cruiser to have a new windshield installed. Dropped that to my wife at work and drove the V Wagon home. Fired up the STS Civic and went grocery shopping. Awesome. But wait.......yesterday I took about 20 laps of a proposed Rally Sprint course in an AE86 Corolla. The day before that I was autocrossing the 911. But wait.......on Friday I'm headed to Florida to pick up an R63 AMG. AND I'm having tater tots for lunch today just because I want to! This is what I always imagined being an adult would be like.

Wait, what did I miss? Benz?

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/23/16 11:16 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce: If you plan your route really inefficiently, you could stick Vance, Alabama in your return trip. You'd get to bring your R63 AMG back to the factory, see the nice little museum, and possibly take a factory tour.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QMx4yGPlKva7dhaWmKBRzQUz4CYNmrS3u6DlyaXH46tXNKUTGEhyvl50GmIhXt1i