1 ... 40 41 42
NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/20/22 11:18 a.m.

Before I retired, If I had a problem, I always tried to make it a supplier solution. I like to think that I am not the first person to run into any given problem and then go looking to see how others fixed it.

Have you discovered these? 

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
2/20/22 11:54 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

*Countersunk* rivnuts?  No, I was unaware.  Those could be VERY useful.  Is there a name or brand I should l look for?

(Edit: do you have a vendor of preference?)

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
2/26/22 2:26 p.m.

I got the last of the three rivnuts installed on the driver's side, the trafficator welded back together, and a coat of rattle can paint on it.  (Eight pictures at the click through)

It's time to put her back together and get ready for tonight's car show

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
2/26/22 7:47 p.m.

So I got the trafficator painted and mounted, but there were some runs that will need to be sanded out and that means it will need a repaint.  

... and we made it to the car show.  Unfortunately, we didn't make it early enough to attend the Mardi Gras parade.  

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/1/22 11:02 p.m.

Just thought this was cool. A guy is making bullet style bumper parts from SodaStream bottles.  Click through if you want to see more of his work

A post shared by @metalman_sweden_are_back

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/16/22 9:35 a.m.

Meet Gigi, our new dog.  She came from the Humane Society in Sebring, which is on the same road as the track entrance...the sounds of a Chin event were in the background while we were meeting the dog. cheeky

She is supposed to be a coonhound-beagle mix, but I think she looks a lot more like a red tick coonhound than a beagle.  Gigi is between three and four years old, and had been in the shelter since December.  

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/16/22 2:29 p.m.

I also fixed the paint where tarp straps had rubbed it off in a few spots as we  towed the car down south last year so Greg Ira could get the carburetors working again.  Most of the obvious problem places were in the brown line around the top of the body. I also needed to cover the white spray paint I had used to prevent corrosion where I had been welding to modify the passenger side door latch.

The new paint is now  on and drying.  There are a few spots in the tan body color that will eventually need to be redone as well.  When I'm satisfied with all the paint, including the embellishments that I have planned, I will probably try some of that self leveling Eastwood clear coat to protect everything.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
7/8/22 12:25 p.m.

I had a chance this morning to visit with a college friend i havent seen in many years.  Naturally, the two things to do were meet the Mrs. and check out the car.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
7/8/22 8:25 p.m.

1 ... 40 41 42

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oYHIQo0fWcrYn3g8vB8LntZWpKgIqeF7xrmiczGFctFvcOpohCGFaR9phxKCpcQq