1 2 3
ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
2/8/20 10:12 a.m.

Demand to have it checked for Fentanyl.

That E36 M3 can kill you if you get it on your skin.

Pray that they find some and write off the car.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
2/9/20 2:04 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

It is going to get the full works interior cleaning. I happen to use the same detailer as the repair shop.  So I am somewhat confident that it will be thoroughly cleaned. 

Unfortunately I do have a friend that had to deal with drug residue and dust getting onto him on the drive home from recovering his car. He felt fine but a police officer pulled him over as his car still wasn't cleared from the stolen car list. Drug dog signalled on him. He had to wait in jail for Maryland (home state), Virginia (work state) and DC (recovered car in DC) to all clear him. 

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
2/17/20 1:25 a.m.

So the van is back!

There is a state of sadness mixed with the happiness of getting it home. 

There are some scratches left on the Passenger side of the van that the insurance adjuster won't accept as being due to the theft. In his logic, "Since they broke the driver window and entered there, I cannot justify including those scratches as part of the claim."

The van looks brand new! Everything is working so far. 

Total repair costs were over $15k

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
2/17/20 2:46 a.m.
ddavidv said:

Tow damage is just considered part of the loss. You couldn't move it without doing some damage. Tow company didn't really have a choice.

The only time we go after a tow co is if they improperly tie it down and cause damage underneath.

Worst example of tow damage I have seen is my friend's mom had an Audi A4 wagon and one day the traction control failed and sent it off the (straight and dry) freeway backwards through a chain link fence, and the tow truck driver dragged a fence post into the transmission tunnel, through the dash and out the windshield, then ratchet strapped the pole and chunk of cement to the bottom of the car and drove off.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
19mVrAh4iMLVciZZLRDbcgnrMNViB0G2gMEnmtGqgshC2fIjYjJoCD1EkRzrmOFl