1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/20 9:56 a.m.

how did I miss this? I am so sorry Wally. I wish I could drive up there and give you a big hug to help. Thoughts are all I can offer.

Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
5/24/20 3:51 p.m.

I don't know you much at all, but do know of your forum presence and that you are very loved by this thread. Loosing family is never an enjoyable time, and to lose a wife and companion is something I cannot imagine. Just dropping by this thread to say you have a community that cares for you and is willing to help in any way they can... and I'm in tears right now by this community going though this thread... and it is not tears of sadness. Wally, you will be in my prayers man. May you and your family be strengthened at this time of grief knowing there are others out there who genuinely care for you and are willing to support in whatever ways they can.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/20 4:07 p.m.

I'm sure things suck, Wally. We're here for you as best we can be, even if it's just to offer digital encouragement and a place to vent, rant and talk.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/24/20 4:12 p.m.

I don't know how I missed this either. I'm so sorry Wally. 

nervousdog
nervousdog HalfDork
5/24/20 9:01 p.m.

So sorry to hear this Wally. My wife and I are sending our condolences and good thoughts. 

-Rob

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
5/24/20 9:17 p.m.

I just found this thread.

Like so many others here, I am struggling to find the right words. But there are no words.

Thee are no words that can fully capture what a loss like this means or means or the depth of the love we all feel for you.

All I can offer is that you are not alone and never will be here. There are open doors and open hearts here for you from New England to the Pacific Northwest and from Florida to California. You have touched every corner of the country you live in and we are here for you with whatever we can bring.

When you need help, ask.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/20 12:32 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I was looking for something for the funeral and stumbled on this aluminum card she got for my badge holder.  I'm done.

It is well said, which is why it has so much emotional impact

thedoc
thedoc GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/25/20 6:39 p.m.

Sir, I do not know you and have only read some of your posts.  I am so gut sick for you.  Cannot and don't want to imagine what you are  going through.  

You are in my prayers

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/20 10:23 a.m.

The ME has finally released Jodi and we will be having a small service for her tomorrow.  I still don't know what happened or why yet not that it changes anything.  

Since we met she made it clear that this could happen with her health issues, and I'd spent some time worrying about what could go wrong but it is far harder than I'd ever feared it would be. 

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/27/20 10:35 a.m.

Praying for you. You have been giving others condolences and good wishes these past few days. Please tell us what we can do for you.

Can we send flowers to the service?

Can we set a fund up to have a maid come through and help clean each week for as long as we can manage?

If no one else is around to say, when her body is finally being laid to rest, don't watch.

Matthew

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/27/20 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I can't even imagine.  My thoughts are with you... 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/27/20 10:54 a.m.

The ME has finally released Jodi and we will be having a small service for her tomorrow.  I still don't know what happened or why yet not that it changes anything.  

Since we met she made it clear that this could happen with her health issues, and I'd spent some time worrying about what could go wrong but it is far harder than I'd ever feared it would be. 

In the end when I snapped at people for asking about how my mom passed, I would say " She's dead, it doesn't matter how"

So I totally get why you didnt ask

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/27/20 11:05 a.m.

A thousand people will ask what happened.  If you want to share, go ahead, but be aware that for each of them, the question has only been asked once.  For you, it's been asked a thousand times, creating a thousand cuts.

No advice, just something to be aware of...

Best of luck moving ahead.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/27/20 11:09 a.m.

Thinking about you and your family a lot recently, Wally. This is so hard to deal with, and my heart is breaking for you. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/20 11:12 a.m.

I was looking for something for the funeral and stumbled on this aluminum card she got for my badge holder.  I'm done.

That is beautiful.

I'm still waiting for my wife to give me one of those.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/27/20 11:14 a.m.

Will the service be online?  Would you like us to show?  I'd understand either way.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/27/20 11:18 a.m.

<3               <-- This sums up all I can say.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/27/20 12:12 p.m.

Been praying for you like you were family.  Hang in there.   

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/20 1:17 p.m.
Thank You everyone, as much she would love flowers they're only allowing ten people in and it will likely be less than an hour.  The dog rescue she supported is putting together a page for her if anyone was interested but by no means feel obligated, just knowing that people care would have made her so happy.  My sister in law is going to attempt to stream the service on Facebook, if anyone is interested let me know and I can add you.  

Streetwiseguy said:

A thousand people will ask what happened.  If you want to share, go ahead, but be aware that for each of them, the question has only been asked once.  For you, it's been asked a thousand times, creating a thousand cuts.

No advice, just something to be aware of...

Best of luck moving ahead.

I have no problem with people asking, I'm more frustrated that she had to spend a weekend at the MEs waiting.  She would have hated it and after everything she has been through I didn't want her going through more procedures and such.  Hopefully some good will come from this and maybe they can better treat other girls that grow up with her problems.  I did get a thank you from the Lions Club that her eyes were used so hopefully someone will see the world as the wonderful place that she always did. 

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/27/20 1:57 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:  I did get a thank you from the Lions Club that her eyes were used so hopefully someone will see the world as the wonderful place that she always did. 

This is such a wonderful sentiment. Your positivity and optimism are absolutely astounding. I hope when I grow up I can be half as good a person as you.

Peace and love to you. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
5/27/20 6:47 p.m.

In my prayers tomorrow brother......peace out.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/27/20 7:24 p.m.

I'm not on Facebook but you and all of those around you will be in my thoughts.

Kramer
Kramer Dork
5/27/20 8:02 p.m.

Sorry to hear this, but I'm so happy she was an organ donor.  That is such a beautiful, selfless gift to someone, often many others.  I pray someone will be there for me like that.  

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/27/20 9:35 p.m.

I would be very interested in helping out a doggie rescue in her memory.  I logged in to my FB account for the first time in 4 years, so if you want a crowd, I will join in.

Matthew

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/27/20 9:48 p.m.

Wally,

I have cried for you more than once friend. My heart goes out to you. I will never forget my trip to NYC a decade ago, because of the places you recommended seeing. I don't know if this helps, but I was able to get a special planter for my mom's ashes to grow into a tree. I'm happy to forward you the info if it's something you think Jodi would appreciate. 

If you need any thing, any time, please PM/email/call (tree six oh 510 tree six six six).

Michael

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EWIuZjLvgZmJWTNlpyCaurdGnVdS3OBaztJVa3z1L17GhhZwl49L6VnoGkmb7ezG