P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/09 9:40 a.m.

Well the new kitten lasted a month already. She's happy, healthy, and gets along with our other cat (Einstein). We had been debating names and she ended up with "Porsche".

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/969/2009-animalshelterarri-porsche-witten-gt/

zoomx2
zoomx2 New Reader
5/25/09 1:46 p.m.

Awfully cute, congrats.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
5/25/09 2:47 p.m.

Awwwwww...

stroker
stroker Reader
5/25/09 3:20 p.m.

She's gorgeous. Make sure you brush her fur every day...

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
5/25/09 3:50 p.m.
stroker wrote: Make sure you brush her fur every day...

Great advice! When I pick up a brush, both of my cats come to immediate attention, follow me anywhere and purr like crazy while they get the bristle stroke - they LOVE it.

And keep her inside please, she's beautiful!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/09 5:06 p.m.

She's inside only. We made the mistake of letting Nibbler out We brush her daily. She's sleeping beside me right now. Good kitten.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
5/25/09 5:23 p.m.

Awwwwwww. What is she, a tortie-point? Lovely critter, congrats!!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/09 5:57 p.m.

She's a mutt! The Humane Society thought she was a long-haired Siamese, especially with the blue eyes, but she has orange on the back of her ears.

Nibbler was a Maine Coon and loved to chase flying things (bugs, birds, lasers). Einy is a Russian Blue. Even his nose is gray. No other colors on him at all.

stroker
stroker Reader
5/25/09 6:36 p.m.

She looks a bit like our Birman. At least we think he was a Birman. Might have been a bit of Maine Coon or Ragdoll in him.

porksboy
porksboy Dork
5/25/09 7:07 p.m.

Funny this should come up. My 3 year has been asking for a kitty. She even has the old carry cage for Zoe our 18-19 year old Main Coon that passed about 1 1/2 years ago. We put off adopting a new one because we were gearing up to build a new house and knew we wouldnt have time for one. Since then we have been waiting for a cat to "find" US but that hasnt happened yet. My wife and I have never been kittyless before. Enjoy Porsche and give her an ear scratch for me.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
5/25/09 10:54 p.m.

Hope she brings you much joy. Keeping her in will help out alot. Thats the way we haved all of our cats.

footinmouth
footinmouth GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/26/09 5:20 a.m.

Our kitty wakes us up at 4 am . Can you rent a wood chipper by the hour?

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
5/26/09 7:53 p.m.

Devil kitteh says "My eyes glow red because I will eat your soul."

Haha cute cat. Funny thing, ours wakes us up at 4am too, I generally pick it up, drop it outside the room, and then close the door. I can sleep through claws on the door and meowing, I can't sleep through a small tiger standing on my face.

slefain
slefain Dork
5/27/09 8:33 a.m.

She looks like a gray scale image of our Torti long hair Hera.

Since our son is due in less than 2 months, we are trying to figure out how the pet thing will shake out in the next few years. All the cars are near or over 10 years, and the dog is around 12 we think. All the pets are going to be old and decrepit by the time the kid is in elementary school.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
5/27/09 9:33 a.m.
porksboy wrote: Funny this should come up. My 3 year has been asking for a kitty. She even has the old carry cage for Zoe our 18-19 year old Main Coon that passed about 1 1/2 years ago. We put off adopting a new one because we were gearing up to build a new house and knew we wouldnt have time for one. Since then we have been waiting for a cat to "find" US but that hasnt happened yet. My wife and I have never been kittyless before. Enjoy Porsche and give her an ear scratch for me.

I've got two kittens that are going to be needing homes in about 3 weeks. You aren't anywhere near Baltimore Maryland are you?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OySJSRELfJeM79pBq19vy99bf5WqYAhBZFzaUkIcpHfmxIePrTb4a0NqOO3He8ne