1 2 3
f86sabjf
f86sabjf Reader
12/29/09 3:21 p.m.

Hey Gang Has anyone else tried the new Dominoes pizza??? We did and loved it . Definitely better than the garbage they've been making the past decade or more. Porbably not going to beat your local hometown favorite but from a chain its pretty good stuff. Well at least its worth eating.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/29/09 3:33 p.m.

I'll have to try it when I get back to school, seeing as its less than a one minute walk from my dorm room. How was it priced compared to the previous stuff?

f86sabjf
f86sabjf Reader
12/29/09 3:46 p.m.

there running a special for 2 med for 5.99 each with 2 toppings.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
12/29/09 3:49 p.m.

I had one a month or so ago. It wasn't bad.

The best pizza I've ever eaten is at Aunt Millie's in Milton Va. Just around the corner from VIR. I heard someone say that their large supreme pizza weighs something like 6 or 8 pounds. I can eat some pizza but after 2 slices of that I'm done. It's become a ritual everytime I go to VIR, dinner at Aunt Millie's.

Rustfinger
Rustfinger New Reader
12/29/09 3:50 p.m.

I've not had conveyorbelt pie in a while - All of the Domino's near me have closed. Too many good places deliver, and the (arguably) best pizza in the world is a short drive away. (New Haven, CT.)

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
12/30/09 5:03 a.m.

A Dominoes pizza worth eating? Find that hard to believe!

Had some at a kids birthday party just two weeks ago, it was just as bad as ever. Sugar and grease.

f86sabjf
f86sabjf Reader
12/30/09 5:57 a.m.

supposedly this week is the first for roll out

m0t0r1t3
m0t0r1t3
12/30/09 6:58 a.m.

Well i have to try it sometimes :)

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
12/30/09 8:50 a.m.

I made the mistake of letting my wife order a pizza from dominoes after we were dead tired from working Monday. 1 large. 2 toppings. SEVEN berkeleying TEEN DOLLARS AND CHANGE PLUS TIP. $20 for the most craptastic, mediocre pizza I've ever had in my life.

Johnny's pizza also charges ~$20 for a large two topping, but it's a berkeleying PIZZA.

Oh, and I did notice the difference. They put a little oil, garlic salt, and oregeno on the crust. Wow.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
12/30/09 8:57 a.m.

I'm not big on conveyor belt pizza either. I have to say, Pappa Johns is the best chain pizza by far.
Other than that, the best pizza was Bob's Pizza, seven mile road and evergreen, in the ghetto of Detroit. Call in your order, 20 minutes later park in the parking lot next to the crack-whore offering services, walk into the place (no dine in), walk up to the DOUBLE panes of bullit proof glass and shout your name. Then put your money in the turn-stile made of more 2" thick lexan. They put your pizzas, ribs, chicken or whatever in the little box and spin it. When that smell hits you, oh man it's heaven! Now, have your wingman (cummon, you ain't gonna go there alone at night if you are a honkey) open the door for you cuz it's time to make the mad dash to the car avoiding the crack-whore who is now hungry.
So much danger, but oh so worth it. And a large pizza was like a 22" and something like $13.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
12/30/09 9:58 a.m.

for chain howies all the way... pappas is my least fav... wasn't impressed with it when I worked there and no more impressed in the years seance.... also domino's and papa johns from an inside standpoint are almost identical... i've worked for both of them and the biggest difference was the flour they used to toss with (domino's uses a corser grind) and well theres slight differences in the product on the pizza but not much... i've been told rumors that mr papa john worked for domino's before he started his own shop back in the day... and with the way they places are run and setup i'd believe it....

marco's was pretty good for chain (worked there all of 2 weeks before the store got closed down due to back taxes haha) the fact that they make their own dough seemed to be a factor... but overall again still very similar to domino's/papas

pizza hut is where it's at if you want GREASE... and those MIA pizzas are horrid...

but each to their own... and I hate thinking how much they cost... after tip and everything it's real sad :(

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/30/09 10:05 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

Now I want to go to Detriot for the exsperiance

I just wish there was a good delivery chain for Chigao style

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
12/30/09 10:27 a.m.

Papa John's? Yuck! That's got to be the sweetest, weirdest pizza known. It's not the worse, that award goes to Ledo's. Theirs are just foul.

The best is long gone, Godfathers. Yea, I know, the name lives on. But the pizza is just a shadow of itself. What it was many years ago is amazing. And it's grown better with fond memories.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/30/09 11:22 a.m.

I'm pretty happy with the new Little Ceasar's they've opened around here. It's hard to beat $5 for a decent pizza & the fact they have them already cooked is nice too....just don't go during the off-hours, the box & the pizza taste about the same then.

We've got a couple regional places I really like - Arni's, and Monical's.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/30/09 11:23 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I'm pretty happy with the new Little Ceasar's they've opened around here. It's hard to beat $5 for a decent pizza & the fact they have them already cooked is nice too....just don't go during the off-hours, the box & the pizza taste about the same then. We've got a couple regional places I really like - Arni's, and Monical's.

Whoa whoa whoa..... Little Ceasar's.... decent... little ceasar's...deceeeeeennnnttttt..... liiiitttlleeee ceeaasssaarrrr'''ssss........ errorrrrrr eerrrrrorrrrrr

Does not compute.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
12/30/09 11:44 a.m.

We usually opt for Marco's, then Papa John's.

Haven't had Domino's in 10 years or so.Not a fan of Donato's either...or Hungry Howie's.

I also like UNO's, but the closest one is 35 minutes away.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/30/09 11:50 a.m.

I keep sending Hungy Howies money even though the only thing I like is the crust... and they pay Mr. and Mrs. Blatchfords bills.

Personally I haven't had pizza that I really like since I left the Marcos Pizza in Ottawa Lake, Mi.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/30/09 12:04 p.m.

We usually get the Papa John's thin crust pizza. Pretty tasty, but not mainstream like your typical Super Mega Giant Pizza with All The Toppings. To each their own.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/30/09 12:12 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I made the mistake of letting my wife order a pizza from dominoes after we were dead tired from working Monday. 1 large. 2 toppings. SEVEN berkeleying TEEN DOLLARS AND CHANGE PLUS TIP. $20 for the most craptastic, mediocre pizza I've ever had in my life. Johnny's pizza also charges ~$20 for a large two topping, but it's a berkeleying PIZZA. Oh, and I did notice the difference. They put a little oil, garlic salt, and oregeno on the crust. Wow.

If you order online, and are careful, you can feed a room of drunken college idiots for about 30 bucks. Roughly 5 bucks a person, and we all eat like... well, like drunken college idiots.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
12/30/09 12:20 p.m.

Jets Pizza FTMFW, Also delicious is Donatos, Marcos and then LaRosas (Cinci specialty) in a distant dead effing last. I have worked for Pizza Hut, Dominos, Larosas, Angilos and Papa Johns, and as a self proclaimed seasoned pizza chain connoisseur, I stand by the above statement 100%. Best pizza evar award goes to the pizza bagels sold out of the UC bookstoor by nippert stadium...used to be $1 for an asiago bagel, homemade sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni (its probably ZOMG $8.50 as much as UC raised the cost of EVERYTHING to fund all the construction).

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/30/09 12:37 p.m.

Papa Ramonos is pretty good for a chain. Howies and Jets are OK too. Best in Detroit? Buddy's and Shields!!

Dr. Boost. I haven't tried Bob's, but if it's all that I'd be happy to be your back-up the next time you want to make a run. I absolutely love pizza and never turn down the chance to try a new one!

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
12/30/09 1:27 p.m.

I deliver for a pizza chain, but not Domino's, and haven't heard of any "new" pizza. But hey, here in Memphis we never get anything when it's new.

The chain I do work for is about to introduce a "new" pizza, and even my boss is not sure what happens when we deliver (verses pickup) as the new pizza is too big to fit into any delivery bags.

BTW, my roommate thinks P-Js is great....I can take it or leave it.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
12/30/09 1:37 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Papa Ramonos is pretty good for a chain. Howies and Jets are OK too. Best in Detroit? Buddy's and Shields!! Dr. Boost. I haven't tried Bob's, but if it's all that I'd be happy to be your back-up the next time you want to make a run. I absolutely love pizza and never turn down the chance to try a new one!

I haven't had Bob's in years (live over a hour away now) but I think Friday I'll be within 30 minute drive. I'm gonna have to give it a go. It'll be daytime so I might be able to get by without a wingman???

Gearhead, if you wanna go back-up, I need to know what your packin'. You can't pull out a .45 when the 11 year old on the corner has a full auto and 2 clips at the ready.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/30/09 2:08 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote: Papa Ramonos is pretty good for a chain. Howies and Jets are OK too. Best in Detroit? Buddy's and Shields!! Dr. Boost. I haven't tried Bob's, but if it's all that I'd be happy to be your back-up the next time you want to make a run. I absolutely love pizza and never turn down the chance to try a new one!
I haven't had Bob's in years (live over a hour away now) but I think Friday I'll be within 30 minute drive. I'm gonna have to give it a go. It'll be daytime so I might be able to get by without a wingman??? Gearhead, if you wanna go back-up, I need to know what your packin'. You can't pull out a .45 when the 11 year old on the corner has a full auto and 2 clips at the ready.

I tend to cross my fingers and duck. I'm a crappy shot... I had a CZ-75, but sold it recently. Will they be open new years day?

awebb
awebb New Reader
12/30/09 2:11 p.m.

Papa Murphy's > All other pizza chains

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lj5MdsnRQA7aMPT0q8k3F2fIUVKGMOuF0963zcc8HyQwuVfMNIll2DmlTQ9NDRFQ