1 2 3 4
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/11 12:03 p.m.

How do you justify throwing a lit piece of garbage out of your window at me? The fact that you are holding your arm WAY out the window indicates that you don't want the butt hitting your car, but it's OK to hit the person behind you, light the side of the road on fire, and become ugly trash? By in large, smokers are the most inconsiderate A-Holes imaginable. The next one who trows trash at me will get a response in kind, except the only trash I have are glass iced tea bottles. Oh well, they will have to do. And I can't wait to see another person dump their ashtray in the parking lot because it is going back in their car, with the hope that it will catch fire.

/rant

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
9/29/11 12:07 p.m.

berkeleyIN' A RIGHT. I used to dream of a day where I would have a paintball gun handy on my bike to lambaste the next a-hole who flicked a butt that hit my helmet.

I never actually bought a paintball gun... but in my Walter Mitty dream world I lit some motherberkeleyers up!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
9/29/11 12:08 p.m.

I just love when a smoker pulls up to a stop sign, opens his/her door, gently dumps their ashtray onto the road and drives off.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
9/29/11 12:09 p.m.

once a month or so around here is complete idiot driver day.

for some reason everyone just drives like they forgot where they live, and are driving around trying to remember or something. staring at green for 2-3 seconds before even lifting off the brake, driving 5-10mph under the 40mph limit, treating a not yet even hooked up traffic light (the lights were still wrapped in black canvas) like a 4-way stop as if it were "out"

and of course, don't let the fact that we had 0.7 inches of rain last month and the entire state has "exceptional drought conditions" stop you from tossing your butts out the window. i'd hate for your car to smell like cigarettes or something.

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
9/29/11 12:10 p.m.

hear hear

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/29/11 12:14 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I just love when a smoker pulls up to a stop sign, opens his/her door, gently dumps their ashtray onto the road and drives off.

Beat me to it.

Had some shiny happy person kid throw trash at me and the over head lamps just magically blinded the driver. Funny how that works.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
9/29/11 12:17 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: How do you justify throwing a lit piece of garbage out of your window at me?....

Given the right circumstance, car and driver, I will eventually pick one of those butts back up and throw it back into their car saying "hey, you dropped this"

Obviously the circumstances have to be right. Leaning over and picking something up while on a bike on the street can be difficult.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
9/29/11 12:28 p.m.

I keep a few "extra" ball bearings in my ashtray. Whenever I see a butt get flicked from a moving vehicle those bearings accidentally fall out of my sunroof while driving in front of said d-bag at 65-70 MPH.

I think I need to hook up a spare washer pump and reservoir full of brake fluid on my car. Just have the hose spraying directly behind me, kinda like the James Bond dispenser of karma.

NickF40
NickF40 Dork
9/29/11 12:37 p.m.

Snorklewacker-HAHAHA

well, as you all just wrote what I was going to point out, all I have to say is, I never throw whatever I smoke out if there's a car right behind or driving by, I always thought it was inconsiderate anyway! I usually squeeze what's left out and then later just throw out the filter in the trash.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
9/29/11 12:38 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: How do you justify throwing a lit piece of garbage out of your window at me? The fact that you are holding your arm WAY out the window indicates that you don't want the butt hitting your car, but it's OK to hit the person behind you, light the side of the road on fire, and become ugly trash?

I have sometimes wondered, in an "I have better sense than to do anything more than daydream about it," if this same logic could be used to justify passing the smoker and tossing a lit road flare out the window.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/29/11 12:51 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: I have sometimes wondered, in an "I have better sense than to do anything more than daydream about it," if this same logic could be used to justify passing the smoker and tossing a lit road flare out the window.

YES! AND LAUGH MADLY AS YOU DO IT!

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
9/29/11 1:01 p.m.

914Driver
914Driver GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/11 1:05 p.m.

Even more fun when you're on a motorcycle.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/29/11 1:22 p.m.

Here in Arkansas, we have a SnitchLine toll free number you can call to report these shiny happy people. They then send them a nasty letter. I hate digging those things out of the grill on my Esprit.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/29/11 2:11 p.m.

It's a $500 fine in our area to throw a butt out the window, not that the police every do anything about it.

We've had a long dry summer and the TV even showed someone driving by a roadside fire flicking his butt out.

Smoking and tobacco products ought to be outlawed.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
9/29/11 2:36 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: It's a $500 fine in our area to throw a butt out the window, not that the police every do anything about it.

I was driving to work a couple of months ago and saw a county enforcement officer (litter patrol) do a u turn and pull the woman right behind. She had thrown a butt out the window.

But, these guys will also write you a ticket for having any form of trash in the bed of a PU without a cover. The several days right after Christmas they park at the convenience centers and bust people like crazy. On most Saturdays they park on the side of the road to the landfill and write tickets for people hauling waste (garbage or yard debris) to the dump or hauling mulch from the dump. They basically are fining you for trying to properly dispose of your trash. A lot of a--holes just toss it on the side of the road.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/29/11 2:41 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: It's a $500 fine in our area to throw a butt out the window, not that the police every do anything about it. We've had a long dry summer and the TV even showed someone driving by a roadside fire flicking his butt out. Smoking and tobacco products ought to be outlawed.

I do wish the littering law would be enforced a lot better. I don't throw cigars out of the window, I put them in a soda can and throw them away after they have plenty of time to stop burning.

I disagree with outlawing tobacco products.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/29/11 2:53 p.m.

I have no problem with tobacco products as long as they affect only the people using them. My problem is when I have to be affected by them without my consent.

Put a smoker under a bell jar and don't open the lid until all traces of the smoke are gone.

Require the snuff and chaw people to swallow and not spit everywhere or leave a can full of spit sitting anywhere.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
9/29/11 2:58 p.m.

Butts don't bother me as much as the guys emptying their chew/ snuff spit cups in the parking lot of the convenience store. A butt I can stand to walk on, a pool of goober tobacco spit... no. And the lazy mofos are only feet away from the garbage can.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/11 3:05 p.m.

Back when I used to smoke this pissed me off to no end, as I was a responsible smoker. So one day a butt flies back and hits my windshield as the offending driver pulls into the left turn lane to merge onto the interstate. Lucky for me I was just finishing up my cigarette and his passenger window was down, so I just returned the favor, right through his open window. I doubt he noticed it until he was up on the interstate.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/11 3:11 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Smoking and tobacco products ought to be outlawed.

Great idea, that will solve everything.

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
9/29/11 3:13 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Smoking and tobacco products ought to be outlawed.

I DON'T LIKE IT, SO IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!

No.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/29/11 3:20 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Smoking and tobacco products ought to be outlawed.

That worked so well for alcohol and works so well for Mary Jane.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
9/29/11 3:26 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Smoking and tobacco products ought to be outlawed.
That worked so well for alcohol and works so well for Mary Jane.

Wait WUT!?

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
9/29/11 3:52 p.m.

Years ago while working at an Autozone I watched a customer leave a can next to his car & than come in the store. I subtly mentioned to him to not forget the item that fell as he got out of his car (even though he placed it there) as he was leaving. He clearly did not understand English because once back in his car he placed a McDonald's bag & other junk on the ground next to the car.

I walked over to him just as he was backing up & knocked on the window while holding the trash & said "excuse me but I believe you dropped this getting into your vehicle". He didn't look amused as he took the trash from me. His girlfriend however thought it was rather funny.

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
SDM5qL21LbllnjMsSSwFr3xrv6n0YncxUDBNn26XRoZfP9HhAKsudr2evPGpPvnA