OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/2/22 6:11 a.m.

John

its the 'stache

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/22 6:29 a.m.

Man that's a tough call, with facial hair John looks like the college English professor who would encourage you to say yes to drugs and Stampie looks like a WWE star who's entrance music would be "Firebird" 

I mean all of the above with love. It's too close for me to call. 

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/22 8:32 a.m.

I'm going with Stampie. Sorry John!

stroker
stroker PowerDork
12/2/22 8:36 a.m.

Okay, if this is a beard growing contest, I propose we coincide with January 1 and do it for one month with as many participants as necessary.  Everybody's in for $10 and the donation comes from the consensus winner...?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/22 11:01 a.m.

One hour before polls close.  John is in the lead by 1.  Don't make me ask for a recount.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
12/2/22 11:07 a.m.
Stampie said:

One hour before polls close.  John is in the lead by 1.  Don't make me ask for a recount.

Recount florida!

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/2/22 11:18 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:
Stampie said:

Recount florida!

We're trying to avoid any hanging chads.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
12/2/22 11:30 a.m.
hobiercr said:
barefootcyborg5000 said:
Stampie said:

Recount florida!

We're trying to avoid any hanging chads.

Stampie
12/2/22 12:04 p.m.

And John is the winner!

hobiercr
12/2/22 12:12 p.m.

Wait, what? 

hobiercr
12/2/22 4:30 p.m.

You guys are too kind! Thank you to everyone that voted.

While I had initially planned to donate to a cancer research fund, I have changed it up to donate to Flatbush Cats, an organization that is helping to reduce the stray cat population in Brooklyn. They have an amazing grassroots team working within their community to do TNVR (trap, neuter, vaccinate, release) for feral cats and a foster/adoption program to find homes for kittens and friendlies. They are currently working on a groundbreaking capital campaign to build a low-cost animal clinic in Brooklyn to support the pet owners there, on top of performing low-cost spay/neuter surgeries. 

If you'd like to join me in supporting this cause, please follow THIS LINK.

I've been a supporter of my local SPCA for almost 30 years and more recently a group called Meow Now Pinellas that actively does TNVR projects near me. I love me some fuzzy animals. Our old dude, Mr. Bones says "Thank you!"

Stampie
12/2/22 4:49 p.m.

I'll be making my donation to Prisma Health.  They are a not for profit hospital system in the Upstate of South Carolina.  Their Cancer Institute is currently treating my Dad for his liver cancer.  A link to their donation page is here if you would like to donate also.  I'm also going to kick $25 to John's cause.

hobiercr
12/2/22 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Just made a gift of $50 to Prisma Health. For org I put "GRM Forum", that should confuse them.

Also sending some positive vibes for your Dad, Mike. Really hope he kicks this.

Stampie
12/2/22 6:02 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Thank you.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
12/2/22 7:46 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I mean, I'd be in except for I'd be labelled a cheater. I've been participating continuously. Since July. 2010. 

Me too, except I started 39 years before you.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Uf5WwY6uavWLKZA4FKTNHPboDLa5A0nyyQGy811oigfZwGdP5G8SC6raUr2sUGFQ