1 2
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/7/13 9:21 a.m.

Under Armor compression shirt/pants

I skied in 5F and serious wind for 8hrs in just those, a regular ski jacket and pants and was fine. Amazing really.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
4/7/13 10:00 a.m.

Before this thread goes to far here on this nice spring day, allow me to point out that this was a Zombie thread from November (early winter) restarted by a spammer.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/7/13 11:24 a.m.

I should follow up though, since I'm the one who started this thread, and mention that I ended up ordering some closeout REI 2011 stuff last fall, and they worked great!

chaparral
chaparral HalfDork
4/7/13 1:15 p.m.

Cheap fleece pajama pants. Can't go wrong for $8.

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
4/7/13 1:22 p.m.

Anything made from Merino wool. Smartwool is really nice, but for the money I have found that Icebreaker wool is usually WAY more durable.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
4/7/13 1:24 p.m.

Nikken ThermoWare...cotton soft and toasty warm.

"ThermoWear-featuring Far-Infrared Technology-as the most advanced long underwear in the world. ThermoWear Long Johns are made with a unique triple-layer construction that takes the concept of wearing layers for warmth to an entirely new level. First, a layer of ceramic- reflective fibers provides natural warmth that is activated by your own body temperature. Then a specially knit nylon layer wicks away moisture. Finally, an outer layer of natural cotton ensures breathability-and helps these Long Johns feel soft and comfortable. Constructed of 51.6% ceramic-reflective fiber, 36.5% cotton, and 11.9% nylon. Machine-washable."

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
4/7/13 6:54 p.m.

Rule is to never wear cotton as the first layer in cold weather. Poly or silk are the recommended materials.

eliza86
eliza86
7/14/14 5:08 a.m.

I agree with carguy123, So I am not use thermal underwear. I like to wear only cottan underwear.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
7/14/14 1:28 p.m.

I have a pair of heattech (japanese I think) thermal underwear that I really like, a lot warmer than the cheap waffleweave. But I dont have any issues with the cheap waffleweave(and always wear briefs or boxer briefs under it).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8RHRbeHuixfZZ4rEx56uB05KA1eXtK92lttcZbSpUTZlOomiEnAIoeHVA72TBNeU