1 2
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
1/8/13 4:17 p.m.

Marietta Diner - It's got to be a front for some Eastern European Mob, but if you can get past that, I like it and spent MANY late nights there in college. If the philly cheesesteak omlet is still on the menu, you can thank me. I liked the philly. I like omlets. I started ordering it, and they added it. :)

SEADave
SEADave New Reader
1/8/13 6:32 p.m.

I'm pretty surprised that no one has suggested the OK Cafe. It's been many years since I lived there, but it was one of my favorite places in town. Just checked their website and they are still there serving the same delicious food.

Maybe I've been on the west coast too long, but their prices are CHEEEEP for the quality of food you get!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/8/13 6:38 p.m.

OTP North: I like BBQ1 on Lower Roswell Rd near Johnson Ferry (Marietta).

ITP North, I like JCT Kitchen. Southern food, a little bit fancy but worth it.

California Dreamin' in Kennesaw isn't near as good as the one in Charleston, SC.

I really haven't found anything else to write about. I've only been here 3 years, and I have kids... So YMMV.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/8/13 6:41 p.m.

Another "not north" recommendation..

In town, Decatur: Augustine's is a bar with great food and beer selection. http://www.augustinesatlanta.com/

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
1/8/13 11:04 p.m.

Best pizza in Smyrna is Blue Moon Pizza, Windy Hill @ Cobb Pkwy. Marietta Pizza Co. on the Marietta square is also great, and cheaper.

Best Chinese in the area is Tasty China on the 120 South Loop @ Franklin Rd (just of I75) in Marietta (but remember to BYOB). Best Thai in Smyrna is Siam Square on Windy Hill.

Smashburger, Five Guys and Cheeseburger Bobby's have multiple locations and are the best under-$5 burgers around.

5 Seasons Brewing Co. in Sandy Springs (10 min from Smyrna @ 285) is my favorite beergarden.

Seed (Johnson Ferry, south of Roswell Rd) in East Cobb is my favorite upscale dining in the area.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
1/9/13 7:24 a.m.

Jim & Nick's is a BBQ chain, but somewhat local - worth checking out if you don't have them in your area.

Miss Saigon in Duluth is an interesting spot if you like Vietnamese food.

Taco Depot is a good place if you want cheap, authentic tacos. As I have blue eyes, I occasionally have the staff ask me, "Are you sure you want to order that?" Usually that means it's definitely worth trying. Another good Mexican place that comes to mind is Taqueria de los Hermanes.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/9/13 7:54 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Everyone praises The Varsity but its not the greatest food. If you want some burgers or hotdogs that are a step above fast food and don't mind being yelled at while ordering, it's your spot.

the Varsity is for the experience, not the food .... hell Sonic does chile cheese dog equally well

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/12/21 7:00 a.m.

In reply to Jessica223 :

You can't eat a canoe

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
1/12/21 8:48 a.m.

But you can eat at Canoe, which is near Smyrna.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/21 12:14 p.m.

In reply to nderwater :

Canoe is actually pretty amazing! One of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HSt4mClxJ0crcWqo19nxhdu8OWKVG2wMkLp1FxCE1l1sSELqyRGVtMLGzyaJoE1z