9/1/22 8:04 a.m.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/1/22 8:05 a.m.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
9/1/22 8:57 a.m.

Glad to see positive things! 

Been thinking about you, hope you are doing well. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/1/22 11:01 a.m.

I somehow just saw this thread and just got through finishing it. 

Man, I'm very sorry for your losses. This has been an unspeakably difficult run of things for you. 

I don't have any sage words, I wish I did. But we are all here for you as I hope you know. 

9/1/22 11:25 a.m.

Nothing brightens up your life like a new puppy. We have plans for dog friendly restaurants and a pre-agility class for Mist. Findley the rescue husky loves having a playmate. And even after everybody else in his pack died, Old Cherokee is still around at age 15 and he has two younger female dogs to hang out with. Mrs. Snowdoggie is out shopping for dog toys again. Things are looking up. I have a new dog pack.

9/1/22 11:31 a.m.

Mist was a rescue as well from the Dallas Animal Shelter. She was confiscated along with five other purebred Border Collie puppies from a backyard. I don't know the details. I almost brought home one of her sisters as well but that might have been too many dogs. I don't know if it's the foreclosures or just people going back to work and  not having time for their dogs, but the shelters around here are full. I have never seen so many puppies in shelters before. Findley is only about a year old and came from a Mother who was rescued from a breeding situation. It's time to rescue a couple of dogs.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
9/1/22 5:52 p.m.

I know shelters are going under left and right because they can't deal with inflation making everything so expensive.

9/1/22 6:32 p.m.

I guess I am just lucky I can afford to feed these guys. Dog food has gone up and there is a shortage of vets around here as well. It's hard to get an appointment if your dog is sick.

My dogs will be getting good food and there will be sheep herding lessons in this shelter dog's future.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/1/22 7:46 p.m.

This is great news!! So glad you have been working through the grief and have some fun stuff ahead!

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ljfw6wFxAdaAEbKndCtlobkT9kpDjnRDboJ2vl3DZdZBD0talVJEM5WDk2cbBvXn