1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/3/12 7:15 a.m.

resurrecting this thread because I want to say

"Oops I Did it Again": Richard Thompson > Brittney Spears

(I heard that his version on the local alt. radio station this morning on the way to work, and was really impressed.)

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
4/3/12 7:47 a.m.

"Hit me Baby One more time" Zappa > Spears

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
4/3/12 8:36 a.m.

Pretty Lights "Toxic" > Britney Spears "Toxic."

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
4/3/12 9:05 a.m.
Platinum90 wrote: /Thread.... What has been said cannot be beaten. Do not even try.

Kermit sings Hurt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ta7mkgrOU

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/3/12 10:21 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: resurrecting this thread because I want to say "Oops I Did it Again": Richard Thompson > Brittney Spears (I heard that his version on the local alt. radio station this morning on the way to work, and was really impressed.)

Vincent Black Lightning, 1952: Reckless Kelly>Richard Thompson.

Grizz
Grizz Dork
4/3/12 10:34 a.m.

War Machine

SilverFleet wrote:

-Burn in Hell: Dimmu Borgir > Twisted Sister (probably the most appropriate and well done cover in the history of cover songs)

-Would?: Opeth > Alice in Chains (you guys really need to hear this if you like AiC, they nail it)

Yes.

Add

Amon Amarth > Kiss War Machine

scardeal
scardeal Dork
4/3/12 10:48 a.m.

I tend to think most covers are worse than the original, but there are exceptions...

Any Weird Al polka cover (although they're usually part of medleys).

Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts better than Tom Cochrane
99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger is about the same as Nena's

Salanis
Salanis PowerDork
4/3/12 1:35 p.m.

I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here:

Big Head Todd covering "Sexy and I Know It": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LH2c_mFwLg&feature=related

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
4/3/12 1:41 p.m.

This.

DILYSI Dave wrote: Gin and Juice - The Gourds cover is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hGSR5njZE
JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/3/12 8:18 p.m.
FlightService wrote: "Hit me Baby One more time" Zappa > Spears

thanks. That is good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFhUvL_C1s

scardeal wrote: I tend to think most covers are worse than the original, but there are exceptions... Any Weird Al polka cover (although they're usually part of medleys). Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts better than Tom Cochrane 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger is about the same as Nena's

Loved the original. Can tolerate the country version

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry HalfDork
4/3/12 8:28 p.m.
Salanis wrote: I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here: Big Head Todd covering "Sexy and I Know It": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LH2c_mFwLg&feature=related

holy crap.. can't even tell its the same song.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
4/15/12 1:21 p.m.

I was looking for that, to show my wife, and found this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itZQiqVOjPQ&feature=related

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
4/15/12 3:06 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: This.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Gin and Juice - The Gourds cover is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hGSR5njZE

I've heard that for years and never knew who it was doing the cover.

There are a few that are IMHO wrong in this thread but I'm surprised no one has said

Land of Confusion: Disturbed > Genesis

The Disturbed version is grittier and more riot causing.

I Am Keyser Söze
I Am Keyser Söze SuperDork
4/15/12 3:10 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: I was looking for that, to show my wife, and found this version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itZQiqVOjPQ&feature=related

My 7 year old has the same shirt.

I Am Keyser Söze
I Am Keyser Söze SuperDork
4/15/12 3:11 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Loved the original. Can tolerate the country version

QFT

The group that sounds like Terry Clark just needs to stop.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
4/15/12 3:48 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaskRZDbNA

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/15/12 6:52 p.m.
Tifosi2k2 wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaskRZDbNA
Wow.

+1 She's really good

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/15/12 8:13 p.m.

I love Me First and the Gimme Gimme's version too but I think these guys did better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c309jKtoaUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTUx19FeWDc

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/15/12 8:16 p.m.

and on the NIN Hurt remake, as a huge fan, yeah it's very hard...actually impossible to remake and do better than Trent. He defines music and musical talent. I mean i'd like to see one of these new rock or nu metal (if that is even around anymore ) bands to remake Closer, I can 100% be positive that they'll fail horribly, I mean it may be because i'm a 90's baby but I would listen to NIN over EVERY new song that is coming out nowadays, hell even older songs too

I could listen to this over ANY other song, this is what music is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpw1SwJRBI

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
4/15/12 8:28 p.m.
NickF40 wrote: and on the NIN Hurt remake, as a long fan, yeah it's very hard...actually near impossible to remake and do better than Trent

Speaking of NIN, how 'bout a remake of a Chris Isaak classic - "Wicked Games"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WA2jBMk-Pk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL35D0A9F80D535DBB

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/15/12 8:32 p.m.

THANK YOU that is so berkeleying awesome, that made my evening

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/15/12 8:35 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Tifosi2k2 wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaskRZDbNA
Wow.
+1 She's really good

Yes, she is. Wow.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/15/12 8:42 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
NickF40 wrote: and on the NIN Hurt remake, as a long fan, yeah it's very hard...actually near impossible to remake and do better than Trent
Speaking of NIN, how 'bout a remake of a Chris Isaak classic - "Wicked Games"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WA2jBMk-Pk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL35D0A9F80D535DBB

That was an excellent cover. Might be better than the original... nah but it sure comes close.

Trent Reznor could quit dropping the F bombs in his own stuff and do a lot better IMHO.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
4/15/12 9:03 p.m.

Ran across this and found this. Very good cover of Heart's Barracuda Gabriela She's from the Czech Republic and her thick accent comes through in some of her stuff, mainly noticable in her cover of Nazereth's Love Hurts. Gabriela does Nazereth

Check out her other stuff. Apperently she is also a contestant on the Czech's version of American Idol - Czech Idol? Easy on the eyes too.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
4/15/12 9:14 p.m.

"Bitches Ant' E36 M3" - Covered by Ben Folds That's not Ben in the video.

EDIT: Oh... and.... Language not appropriate for children or adults.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bVFbTu9vWv3Q8M23LogzRL3qkxQXTIoQeAqHPZqfOqXz7WSNgTANXHU2DrkoxFnA