1 2
mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/28/22 2:22 p.m.
APEowner said:
Keith Tanner said:

Another vote for drywall. But you don't really have to bother with all the taping and mudding for a garage. Or, if you do, you don't need to get a great finish. Then grab a roller and a 5 gallon bucket of Kilz primer and give it a coat. Hides the seams, makes everything look consistent and really brightens up the space with minimal effort. I did that in my current garage and was really happy with the results. My previous garage had an unfinished drywall ceiling and the guy I sold it to painted that white - I wish I'd done it myself after seeing it.

Another option for drywall finishing is a knockdown coating.  I still can't get photo upload to work on this site so I can't post pictures but that's what I did in my shop and it's more durable than straight drywall, hides minor dents and is quick and easy to do.

Copy and paste the photo into the comment, it should upload. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/22 2:26 p.m.

What Irish said. The proper garage wall surface is cabinets, benches, and shelves.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/22 5:13 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

That worked!  Thank you. 

Here's a pic of the knockdown coating in process in my shop.  It's basically a really crappy tape and spackle job

And, here it is completed.  I really need to dress those Ethernet cables.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4jaLQjSVXLO4xy6W6gVuJgQBHkSR0UzKSk1935x69aBEJySMmRvkWvuylywiQpky