1 2
03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/10/22 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Boost_Crazy :

I've been seeing that kind of driving in the more populated areas of the north east, ever since I started doing the occasional contract up there in the '90s. And, of course FL, but that's the same thing. A lot of the more populated areas of the south east are getting that way, but I see it as a reflection of FL's reason. 
I remember a commentary in the '90s mentioning the start of road rage shootings in CA. Said that it reminded him of some incidents in TX. But that nobody was real surprised in TXlaugh

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/22 10:18 p.m.

Today I was driving on a neighborhood street (25mph limit, with construction going on on the curbs only a block or so away, no less), and was slowing to make a right onto another neighborhood street with no stop sign for me. Bicyclist approaching me from head on.

Yep, the a-hole behind me who couldn't wait the 0.7 seconds for me to turn pulled out into the opposing lane to pass me, and predictably, almost hit the bicyclist. 

It's so odd because this is the land of stopping to let other cars pull out into traffic when they specifically don't have the right of way - which drives me nuts too. So are we gonna be too nice or total dicks? Let's make up our minds people.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/11/22 5:34 a.m.

Isn't there already a challenger thread?

trucke
trucke SuperDork
8/11/22 9:48 a.m.
ShawnG said:

Going through Saskatoon at rush hour, pulling a loaded 16 foot trailer. I need to merge left, there's a hole, I put my signal on to move and the silly cow in her mid-size Chrysler product floors it to close the gap.

I moved over anyway and nearly shoved her into the guard rail.

She made a point of catching up to me in traffic to tell me I'm an shiny happy person.

You da man!  Sometimes you just have to. 

Here in Western North Carolina it gets worse everyday.  Not only are 20 cars stopped waiting to go through a roundabout, but now I'm seeing people drive on the left side of the road at intersections.  Sometimes I wish I was driving a box truck so they could not see oncoming traffic as I block there view because they are on the wrong side.  They are totally clueless!

This morning there were two driver on the inner lane of a roundabout.  I was going off at the first right, so I went.  They both went right two.  Two lanes so all was safe. They were traveling about 4 mph, so I just scooted around before it merged into one lane for a 90 degree right hander on to divided highway.   I was gone.  Two miles up the road, going through the busy part of town, the second car on that earlier train blasts by be at about 55 in a 40.  I was doing 40.  They get that mindset that they must get ahead of someone (to win I guess) and off they go until they get ahead of you, then proceed to chop you off by merging in front of you with about one car length.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/11/22 10:47 a.m.

You explained part of the the problem... them circles shoulda stayed where they came from!

Too many people have moved to Carolina, 'cause they did not like where they were from... and then work hard at making it as much like where they at from as they can! 
The towns that are essentially suburbs of charlotte, have the added problem of everyone  thinking they are NASCAR drivers!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eiaeAv29hUveBFSPJ5K9T0VcMFi8BtHwQdRfbSuxkazwzdChMv45F4oWz9qXqxce