1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/21 11:02 p.m.

"I think the way I would describe the power delivery in this car is nothing, nothing, nothing, turbo, BIG turbo, and then.... tree."

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/18/21 11:26 p.m.

"I'm not going to tell you to drain your fluids. I'm not your dad. But unless you own stock in kitty litter, you probably should."

-Jafromobile

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/19/21 5:22 a.m.

"Those welds look like you sewed a cow's butt up with a grapevine" - Dennis Anderson

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/23/21 1:38 p.m.

"Everything is legal if you suck enough."

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/23/21 2:04 p.m.

"If you don't address it, you bless it."

My former VP if he didn't like the way I handled a personnel issue. Good adage though and pretty spot on.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/21 11:07 p.m.

"I came here because I thought I read succubus."  - Russde

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/24/21 12:02 a.m.

This is quite the juxtaposition of sentiments

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
2/24/21 1:21 p.m.

That bidet is great. Like pooping in high cotton. 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/24/21 2:57 p.m.

I can't believe I've never read this thread before.

My 2 year old Granddaughter, standing on the porch with a concerned look on her face.

Me: Hey, what are you doing?

GD: Don't bug me Opa, I pooping

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/25/21 7:40 a.m.

"Once again, I'm falsely accused of whatever it is I'm accused of. Falsely." - Varric Tethras

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/25/21 9:45 a.m.

Last week

Boss: You were late 3 times in the last 6 months,  I'm going to have to give you a verbal.

Me: Can I have an oral instead?

Boss:

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/25/21 10:31 a.m.

4 year old, singing "itsy bitsy spider" like he's in a metal band:

"Out came the sun and dried up all the rain, and the BIG ENORMOUS SPIDER went up the spout again"

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/1/21 1:37 p.m.

"Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/1/21 2:06 p.m.

"Don't give any power to a politician that you would not give to an ex-spouse"...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/1/21 2:12 p.m.

WTB?  This was supposed to go in the "Listening to now" thread.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/2/21 11:07 p.m.

"I just want to say to all you cowards out there, don’t be such a chicken squat — get out there and get your shot"

- Dolly Parton on the Coronavirus vaccine

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/6/21 5:46 p.m.

"After all the work I did to this piece of E36 M3, its like a whole different piece of E36 M3."

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/12/21 12:39 p.m.

A back and forth whilst couch shopping-

Me- this couch is $1900

Swmbo- but it has cupholders

Me- my car has cupholders and it didn't cost me $1900. 

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
3/12/21 2:37 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

"I just want to say to all you cowards out there, don’t be such a chicken squat — get out there and get your shot"

- Dolly Parton on the Coronavirus vaccine

Also Dolly; 

"Although I look like a drag queen’s Christmas tree on the outside, I am at heart a simple country woman."

Dolly Parton (from “Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business”)

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/12/21 4:10 p.m.

There are two types of employees. One has 20 years experience, the other has one year of experience 20 times over.

Me

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/14/21 11:35 a.m.

"Why are you parking there? You don't look disabled."

"Why are you yelling at me?  You don't look like a berkeleying idiot.  Yet, here we are."

Pete. (l33t FS)
3/14/21 1:59 p.m.

Somewhat related:

Sharing one of my favorite stories from online forums.

When the new C6 Z06 came out, I was an active member of the corvette forum. Someone made a post about doing a manual to automatic conversion on one, asking for details or if a kit would be available. The first response was this long call-out diatribe about how ridiculous it is to try to convert that car to automatic and how the person just has to learn to suck it up and drive a manual and if he can't figure it out he doesn't deserve the car, just... on and on. Huge blast. But the best part was the comment somewhere in the middle about "Maybe you just need to go to the gym and work up your left leg if you are too weak to use it"

The response was gold. The guy responded "I wish I could work out my left leg out but unfortunately I don't have one". With a pic of him next to the car in his avatar with an arm crutch and one leg. Hip down amputation in childhood.

I've never experienced that level of ownage on a car forum. I didn't know it was possible until that moment.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/14/21 11:25 p.m.
CAinCA said:

There are two types of employees. One has 20 years experience, the other has one year of experience 20 times over.

Me

I first heard that at Appomattox Water Works, about 15 yr ago... although he said "...one year experience for 20 years." So prolly enough different for no royalties needed.smiley

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/14/21 11:48 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

That’s hardcore ownage.

Unrelated childhood memory, we had a family friend when I was a kid who only had one leg, his right one. One day when we were there for a visit he asked if he could try out  my Dad’s new Z28, assuring him that It would be ok as long as he took it easy. As he did until we got out on to a country road, he came to a stop then ran it through the gears like he was doing a quarter mile run. He probably shifted better and faster  than my Dad. 

If my memory was a little Better I might have a quote for this thread because I learned a valuable lesson about marriage and family dynamics that day.

Just tell her I’m giving you the motor, he said, pointing to the 283 in the corner,  and that it’s not going to cost you hardly anything. I’ll back you up. It worked and Dad built the compact late model stock car he wanted. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/17/21 10:11 p.m.

Me to SWMBO: "Girls don't have wieners because you wouldn't know what to do with one."

1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4G4A5k63U5Q533BfO5rClU9MTfrOT8IBWTCgHvCKKdlNjU3jUQp39DT7DDKzjVci