1 2 3
1kris06
1kris06 Reader
1/7/15 11:11 a.m.

As mentioned previously, Ronin

also

Speed Zone (I remember renting this every time as a kid I stayed with my aunt and uncle) Speed Zone

How about a Bollywood chase scene so horribly fake its entertaining?

Bollywood

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
1/7/15 11:53 a.m.

A Man and a Woman. French with subtitles. Looks like this one is on Utube.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/7/15 1:21 p.m.

My favorite racing are Grand Prix, Le Mans and Rush.

My favorite chase scenes are in Ronin.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/7/15 1:23 p.m.

http://vimeo.com/34039780

Rendezvous.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
1/7/15 1:43 p.m.

Hollywood Knights

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
1/7/15 2:17 p.m.

Return to Macon County Line

JFX001
JFX001 UberDork
1/7/15 2:24 p.m.

King of the Mountain, Hot Rod aka "Rebel of the Road", Eat My Dust, Pink Floyd's La Carrera Panamericana, Red Line (Chad McQueen 1996), Catch Me...if you can (Matt Lattanzi 1989), Born To Run (Richard Grieco 1993)

slowride
slowride Reader
1/7/15 2:53 p.m.

Used Cars

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
1/12/15 6:57 p.m.

If you are into off-road stuff I like Dust to Glory. On Any Sunday the next chapter came out recently in a very limited theater release.

I hear that The speed merchants is good, but I have never seen it.

For motorcycles I enjoyed V Four Victory.

Deuce of Spades was loosely based around a '32 ford. Decent flick especially if you consider it was an indy film.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/15 7:44 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: http://vimeo.com/34039780 Rendezvous.

Haven't seen that in a long time. Interesting how many Mustangs you see along the way.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
1/12/15 7:49 p.m.
gearheadmb wrote: In reply to Apexcarver: "The Worlds Fastest Indian" is fantastic! Seriously, anyone who hasn't seen this should, even non-car people.

This. Good movie. My mother in law even liked it.

daeman
daeman Reader
1/12/15 8:03 p.m.

Vanishing point, blues brothers, death proof.

Surprised fast and the furious hasn't copped a ton of flack in this thread yet haha.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
1/12/15 8:37 p.m.

The transporter movies are ridiculous and a lot of fun to watch.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
1/12/15 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

The Wraith is berkeleying awesome lol.

Also there's an F1 documentary called "1" that is really good.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
1/13/15 8:24 a.m.

1:42:08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPtuWnsftlc It was a short film made by George Lucas when he was in college, of Pete Brock driving his race car.

Ponder
Ponder New Reader
1/13/15 9:04 a.m.

There is an underrated car chase in the movie Against All Odds. IIRC, Jeff Bridges in a Ferrari 308 and James Woods in a 911 racing through the streets of LA. I don't remember much else about the movie other than it had Rachel Ward in her prime.

slowride
slowride Reader
1/13/15 10:04 a.m.

Is The Wraith the one where the two dudes drink brake fluid?

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
1/13/15 10:11 a.m.
1kris06 wrote: As mentioned previously, Ronin also Speed Zone (I remember renting this every time as a kid I stayed with my aunt and uncle) Speed Zone How about a Bollywood chase scene so horribly fake its entertaining? Bollywood

I would walk down to the rental store and rent Speed Zone almost weekly when I was a kid. I don't know why I never thought about buying it.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
1/13/15 10:16 a.m.
nepa03focus wrote:
bravenrace wrote: I watched American Graffiti last night. It wasn't as good as my distorted memory of it thought it was.
I hate to say it, but that's kind of how I was with bullitt, I remember it being a lot more exciting

Puts on flamesuit

Puts on additional flamesuit over top of the first

I kinda feel like this about Mad Max. I remember loving the movie, but when I go back and watch it, its very slow and doesn't seem to keep my attention.

Still excited for the new one.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UltraDork
1/13/15 11:57 a.m.
slowride wrote: Is The Wraith the one where the two dudes drink brake fluid?

Yep, and snort anything in an aerosol can.

Awful, awful film.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
1/13/15 12:09 p.m.

When the Speed Channel was young and interesting (and called Speedvision) they would play a documentary that contrasted the Can-Am racing efforts of Mark Donohue and some grassroots guys racing Bugeyes in SCCA. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of that thing.

Anyone else remember it or know where it might be available?

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
1/13/15 12:26 p.m.

As mentioned, "The Gumball Rally" is my favorite. As for a cool car chase, "To Live & Die in L.A." is pretty cool.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
1/13/15 12:27 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: The Junk Man (full movie on the youtubes!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rX472Z38tQ Same director/guy as Gone in 60, bad acting, utterly awesome car chase, holds the Guinness World Record for wrecking over 250 cars, trucks, motorcycles and planes in one movie The chase is NUTS! (Even involves the Goodyear Blimp!)

I started watching that... up until the car chase started (and even after), at any moment I expected to hear bwow-chicka-bwow-bwow music and see everybody's clothes magically disappear.

Ponder
Ponder New Reader
1/13/15 2:17 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: http://vimeo.com/3403978 Rendezvous.
Haven't seen that in a long time. Interesting how many Mustangs you see along the way.

For a short period of time on youtube, maybe ten years ago, there was a video that sync'd Rendezvous with a google map animation that tracked his progress through Paris. I hadn't seen that in a while either. Thanks.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
1/13/15 8:14 p.m.

Not car movies as such, but The French Connection and The Seven Ups both had great car chases (coincidentally, both used Pontiacs for the chase scenes.)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uZPa8JlwpZpNPK2CoHjIvHWDCfMBZm7DP00tYxDBkSvFg13abpD6dDa9MkLpLgSZ