SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/22/23 8:08 a.m.

Yesterday good friend and race teammate (friend being the much more important word) Aaron Leinemann passed away suddenly.  I have been fortunate enough to be on the same Lemons team for 11+ seasons now.  We are a 3 or 4 car team, so we are a big family.  He's been part of our family for about 8 years.  For the past 5 seasons I've been truly lucky to be a full time driver for the car he co-owned with his uncle.  The three of us were the Cressida crew, and we finished top 10 consistently.  More important than that, we bonded like brothers and that's what I'll always take with me.  Aaron portrayed the persona of crotchety tough guy, but we all knew he was a giant teddy bear at heart.  Our driver order was biggest to smallest, making it easier for us to strap the next guy in.  Aaron was first, his uncle second and I was the closer.  Every time he would strap me in he would yell at me "Eat a f'ing cheeseburger you skinny bitch!!!"  Every. Single. Time.  It was our thing.  He recently beat leukemia and give it a big middle finger.  We were all so excited for him.  He was only 40 years old.  I'm at a loss for words other than what I just wrote, still just trying to come to grips with it.  

No, I'm not asking you to go hug your wife and kids, not my style.  What I will say is live every day for today, enjoy every moment you get with friends and family.  And somewhere give a one finger salute today.  

RIP Aaron broken heart

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/23 10:18 a.m.

Sorry for your loss heart

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
3/22/23 10:34 a.m.

Sorry for your loss. I saw Donnie and Mental post about it, really sad. It sounds like you have a lot of great memories with him and you'll always have those to cherish. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/22/23 10:45 a.m.

Good friends are really hard to find. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/23 10:51 a.m.

sorry for your loss. i hope you have a memorial cheeseburger outing planned.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/22/23 11:36 a.m.

My thoughts are with your team and his family.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/22/23 11:58 a.m.

I had a cheeseburger already today. I'll say that was in his honor. 

Let this day forward be know as Aaron-Cheeseburger Day!  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/22/23 12:31 p.m.

I'm sorry buddy.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/23 12:52 p.m.

So sorry to hear this.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/23 1:59 p.m.

My condolences. 

BTDT with a Lemons teammate and brother from a different mother. It sucks for sure.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/22/23 2:35 p.m.

Thanks.  It's amazing, in the most wonderful way, how many people are reaching out to his family and us.  He had so many people who loved him.  Services are Sunday and I'll be leaving the Lemons race in New Orleans to head to New Jersey.  Reality is going to hit hard, but it'll also be marvelous to see all the support and love, and tell stories.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S7pUbSsRxeaybjgJOYI5lEulcbw81X89RtrvlUjgaDWGNDqwr1vM3zsXdmK61lms