1 2 3 ... 15
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/28/14 8:56 a.m.

Since the Feedback forum is no more, this will now be the thread for reporting canoes. Please post a link to the threads and the names of the spammers in this thread. Big thanks to everyone who takes the time to report Spammy McSpammers. Your help makes it easier for us to blow them out of the water!

You may also use this thread to request moderator assistance, such as updating a thread title or moving a thread to another forum, or to report forum violations. 

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
5/14/15 3:46 a.m.

A explanation on canoes for newbies:

With older GRM forum formats mods had to comb through threads for spammers, which took way too much time to do because of the number of spammers we got. There was no "report comment" button what like other boards have. The community helped out by flagging potential spammers with a key word, which the mods would then search the boards for. "Canoe" became the keyword to identify them. "Flounder" is a similar keyword we used for flamewars/flamebait/trolling... basically, Internet arguments gone out of control. Threads on religion, politics, and your favorite brand of penetrant/motor oil/etc. are particularly susceptible to becoming flounders.

Of course, canoe and flounder have become in-jokes. So are the filters for naughty words. You can figure those out by filter pwning yourself.

So if you find a spammer or someone who isn't playing nice with the community, please report them here. Mods don't actively go searching for every instance of the word 'canoe' anymore, so while its OK to reply to a spammer with 'canoe,' we may still not see it. Tattle on them here, and we'll make the decision on whether to banhammer them or not.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/22 5:31 p.m.
Duke said:

Another one. 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/herdesa/

And, in the same thread, a previously undiscovered paddler with a big scorecard:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/buenavides1/

I'm not sure on the second one. There's a lot of comments going back years, and yeah sure all of them don't necessarily read the best, but it reads more like ESL or a younger person than anything. I only found 1 link they posted out of at least a dozen posts. I don't want to accidentally ban a regular user.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/3/22 8:51 a.m.

Not a canoe, but whats the policy for people that just show up trying to sell parts?

Also, to be fair, the "ttt" post irritated me enough to make this post.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/parts-sale/fs-oem-2019-golf-r-75-exhaust-with-799-original-miles-documented-ne-pick-up/192271/page1/

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/22/22 12:27 p.m.

This is a new reader that has posted a whole bunch of seemingly-relevant but actually fairly meaningless posts.  Not sure if canoe or not but I recommend checking out and watchlisting at the very least.  Thanks.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/Chrissmith/

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/23/22 10:41 a.m.

Several of the last posts here are suspicious, to say the least.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/i-made-a-youtube-channel-audi-content/190186/page1/

Not hard for mods/admin to determine where new members are from.  Obviously we want to welcome people from all over the world, but there are certain patterns that can be observed and some tools that can be useful indicators of whether someone is a real enthusiast or just looking to disrupt our little cocktail party.

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/4/22 7:13 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/budget-3d-printer-build-and-mods-ender-3/163476/page17/

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/22 12:31 p.m.

Anyone else having problems uploading pictures?  

I cleared cache/cookies, but same result-- after uploading the picture I'm taken back to the link tab of the dialog box and cannot post the picture.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
4/9/22 9:12 p.m.

Minor Win thread won't open. Says "Go Back"

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/10/22 8:48 a.m.
TurnerX19 said:

Minor Win thread won't open. Says "Go Back"

Both the Minor Win and Minor Rant threads are like that, but only if you try to go to the last page.  You can go to other pages without trouble.

Coincidentally or not, dculberson was the last poster listed in both threads, and within minutes of each other.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/22 9:24 a.m.

The F1 thread is broken. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/28/22 6:37 a.m.

Also, the video in one of the sidebar ads is breaking the OT forum page on the IOS mobile version. It keeps putting itself up on the side of the topic list instead of the bottom, and un-anchoring the index scroll.

Mr_Asa
5/10/22 7:47 p.m.

Steve Jones decided he could post a meme in the meme thread with Joe Biden as he determined that it wasn't political. 

Mr_Asa
5/13/22 7:04 p.m.

I feel as if I've brought this up before, but I tried to embed a twitter video and it wouldn't let me.  Usually I can embed a tweet, but I tried for a video and it gave me the wrong road error

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/17/22 8:14 p.m.
Javelin
5/17/22 11:27 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Thank you, we're looking into it. 

Mr_Asa
5/18/22 6:34 a.m.

Got an ad that isn't sized for mobile.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/23/22 1:45 p.m.

Any idea what causes this when copy / pasting images?

May be an image of 2 people, people standing, car and text that says 'LIVINGSTON Woodland Hills, 1970 H'

It seems to be pasting some form of alternate text instead of the actual picture.  I've seen it in other people's posts here, too.

It's happened before in the past - came on and went away by itself.  It's predominantly with Facebook-sourced images but I don't think only from FB.

Is this a GRM thing or a somebody else thing?  Thanks.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/23/22 4:01 p.m.

Ah.  So now it has become the actual the picture, with no intervention from me.

When I pasted the picture, it came out as just a line of grey text saying something like "May be an image of a vehicle and two persons with the text Woodland Hills - 1970"

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/26/22 6:39 a.m.
Javelin
5/26/22 9:16 a.m.

Interesting, I can nuke spammers on GRM, but not CM.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/26/22 4:42 p.m.
Duke said:

Ah.  So now it has become the actual the picture, with no intervention from me.

When I pasted the picture, it came out as just a line of grey text saying something like "May be an image of a vehicle and two persons with the text Woodland Hills - 1970"

And... now it's BACK to being a line of greyed-out text.  I wish I know if it was me or GRM.

Requesting moderator assistance: I'd like to change the name of this thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/2010-odyssey-spontaneous-lane-change-diagnostic-he/163346/page1/

to something like "keeping a high-mileage 2010 Honda Odyssey alive"

and move it to builds and project cars 

thanks!!!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/7/22 2:16 p.m.

Oh, poop!

Will some kindly soul please change the title on my latest thread in off-topic by spelling "coffee" correctly?  I have failed in that regard and regret it immensely.  Thanks so much!

1 2 3 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zeNXP17YYhJ0NYspugvXldNxBkn5LACqyukobWBYCpFTXfVzp6DVCJpBv73iNRxn