RIp James Caan

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/7/22 2:09 p.m.

Tim Lockwood | Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Wiki | Fandom

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/7/22 2:11 p.m.

I haven't seen Rollerball in many many years.  I suspect it would be super slow by todays standards, but an interesting watch.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/7/22 4:59 p.m.

He was a force of nature in the original Godfather. It took some doing to stand out among that cast, but he did it. RIP, Santino.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/7/22 5:15 p.m.

Thief is a f***ing phenomenal movie that holds up to this day.

Just a year or two ago he did an interview about the production with Jim Belushi and it's full of incredible anecdotes, if you know the movie I recommend you make the time for this read: https://consequence.net/2021/03/michael-mann-thief-oral-history/

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/7/22 6:51 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

He was a force of nature in the original Godfather. It took some doing to stand out among that cast, but he did it. RIP, Santino.

I just watched a series about the making of The Godfather called The Offer, well worth a few hours of your time. 

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
7/7/22 7:18 p.m.

Top 30 James Caan GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/7/22 9:06 p.m.

Damn!

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/7/22 9:38 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

I just watched a series about the making of The Godfather called The Offer, well worth a few hours of your time. 

Yeah, I watched that, too. Very enjoyable.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
7/7/22 10:45 p.m.

In reply to PointofDeparture,

I 100% agree about Thief. One of the most intense movies I ever saw. Thanks for the oral history link – I'm looking forward to reading every word.

I'd like to buy a beer for the guy who decided the crew should drive a GrandAm – an absolutely perfect choice.

I hope the afterlife is ready for a little action now that Mr. Caan has arrived.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/7/22 10:47 p.m.

Brian's Song - kinda slow but a great story. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/8/22 12:14 a.m.

In reply to Stealthtercel :

For Thief, Michael Mann had him train with real thieves to learn how to crack a vault for real; Caan said pulling it off felt like graduating from Harvard, and he was so proud he called his mom. Just incredible.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/8/22 10:44 a.m.

"I never saw my dad cry. My son saw me cry. My dad never told me he loved me, and consequently I told Scott I loved him every other minute. The point is, I'll make less mistakes than my dad, my sons hopefully will make less mistakes than me, and their sons will make less mistakes than their dads."

-James Caan

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
agUsc3hLYmMFINuxh66Mza9OBWzLFR1zjsTGY3gDXaqIR1q6uQxTGpfEwYoTEX8H