Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/24/18 10:10 a.m.

I'm pumped for this series that premieres on Dec 6 on History Canada. If you cast your minds back a year and a half ago there was a thread about a property in BC with all sorts of old cars. It seems the property didn't sell and builds will be the topic of the series. NMNA I just want to watch.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
11/24/18 10:32 a.m.

That place is a 90 minute drive from me, and a short nose-blow away from where I went to high school. I'm interested to see how the show pans out.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/25/19 11:40 p.m.

Bumped this because I am watching it on Netflix. I have driven by this place 100 times. What an awesome collection. And what a terrible businessman! 

But pretty dang watchable. Anyone recognise the yellow and red work truck?don't see too many of them anymore.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
11/25/19 11:42 p.m.

I didn't watch any episodes last year. I watched the trailer for this year. I'm good. Back to the shop.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
11/25/19 11:49 p.m.

Nothing is more scripted than reality television.

bearmtnmartin
11/26/19 6:15 a.m.

Tough crowd. Or maybe I'm just easily amused. The truck is a Grizzly, which was made in BC in the 80's for the logging industry.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/26/19 7:19 a.m.

I watched the one (and only?) season on Netflix. It's kind of watchable though obviously scripted and HEAVILY edited. Amazing how a field car can become fully restored in a blink of an eye.

At the end of the first (and only?) season it's set up that Mr Corn Row Hair is going to sell the entire operation because he's losing too much money. Did he ever?

He was on an episode of Roadkill too IIRC.

Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb HalfDork
11/26/19 7:54 a.m.

While I can certainly agree this isn't the best, I plowed through it - much like other car shows, primarily because it scratches an itch that I struggle to get scratched elsewhere. Are there other restoration car shows that are easily available that I just don't know about? Currently I'm watching old AutoRestoMod & MyClassicCar videos on YouTube.

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/26/19 10:18 a.m.

We've had two episodes of season two on Discovery s2e3 is Thursday. We do get to see what Rasta Blasta and his son are both accredited blasters and they blow up a boulder real good.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
11/26/19 4:23 p.m.

He got his start on one of the Canadian Heavy Rescue shows a few years ago.   You can see him blowing up landslide areas in a few episodes.   

I watch the show the way you need to for any "reality" TV.   Throw your brain in the back seat, and concentrate on what the cars look like.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
11/26/19 7:23 p.m.

For a more real "reality", I've been enjoying "Bitchin' Rides."  It "feels" like a LOT less drama, and I am enamoured by the fabrication.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/26/19 9:46 p.m.

I got halfway through the first episode and stopped watching because it was all the usual reality show bullE36 M3. All that fake drama gets on my nerves, I just want to see cool cars modified or restored.

former520
former520 HalfDork
11/26/19 9:54 p.m.
SkinnyG said:

For a more real "reality", I've been enjoying "Bitchin' Rides."  It "feels" like a LOT less drama, and I am enamoured by the fabrication.

I have been watching this on Motor Trend.  I appreciate the fact that they truly compliment and respect other cars and builders when they are walking shows.  Class act and very nice builds.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
11/26/19 10:44 p.m.
Johnboyjjb said:

While I can certainly agree this isn't the best, I plowed through it - much like other car shows, primarily because it scratches an itch that I struggle to get scratched elsewhere. Are there other restoration car shows that are easily available that I just don't know about? Currently I'm watching old AutoRestoMod & MyClassicCar videos on YouTube.

Mighty Car Mods has a wonderful series about restoring/rebuilding a Daihatsu Mira. Probably not the kind of car you're thinking of. Still, MCM has some incredible attention to detail both in video production and car restoration. Even on their joke car builds they can't refrain from doing everything properly.

bearmtnmartin
11/26/19 11:47 p.m.

For a bigger dose of realism I also like cold war motors, which is the exact opposite end of the spectrum in terms of scripting. But the thing about heavy editing is in reality I do that myself with CWM by hitting fast forward so it still winds up just being a highlight reel.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/27/19 7:09 a.m.

I get more out of a 8 minute "Uncle Tony's Garage" video than I do from an hour of most restoration shows.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
11/27/19 7:40 a.m.

If we don't sell this car, we're gonna lose the shop!!!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/27/19 12:53 p.m.

Th guy who owns the property (Mike Rasta Blasta) and all these cars, is the guy that constantly appears on "highway through hell," and gets call by the Canadian government to blow up avalanche and blow up rocks before they fall on the road. Very well paid from there = car colllection money 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kUDaLApFcZkQFFR7Vz8lnHJQ606bfKq3p4PvK40jyTjQ2Z3qR6qPYjy3GFn21hDX