JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/18/08 10:33 p.m.

As some of you may know, I've been doing improv theater for about 13 years now. Well, as of next week, I'll be doing my first scripted show EVER. If anyone is in the Daytona area on June 27th or 28th and has $10 and low standards for entertainment, there's a sketch comedy show I can honestly say I recommend.

Actually, it's been interesting going through the process leading up to the show. Improv really has a lot in common with autocrossing: You have to perform NOW, with no real thought, only instinct and reaction. Every move has to count, or there will be repercussion later in the scene that may not be so easy to deal with.

On the other hand, doing scripted scenes is a lot like road racing: You can practice, fine tune, and perfect things a section at a time. There's no pressure to put a perfect lap together your first time on track. You can experiment with different approaches, braking points and lines until you find something that works.

So, yeah, there's some racing metaphors. If that inspires you to drop ten beans and see our stupid show then I did my job. Here's a flyer for the show.

jg

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar Reader
6/19/08 6:58 a.m.

Sounds great! Best of luck.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
6/19/08 7:33 a.m.

Kim and I will be there.

Duke
Duke Dork
6/19/08 7:39 a.m.

Break a leg.

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
6/19/08 7:43 a.m.

Good luck, and now I have further insight into your somewhat unique writing style. I usually don't read the bylines in the articles first, but as soon as I pick up some of your odder descriptions of things I can usually correctly guess at the author.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t5lq5d2heXFb7h65bWqKRGssWMUU6cHPenrs31GW2J6lEnrHbODsIz4D1FQZEyDh