1 2 3
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
1/29/11 9:48 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Well... if you can't make a relationship with yourself work, there's no sense even trying it with someone else.

Ain't THAT the truth. If you don't like yourself, how could you ever expect someone else to?

Looking back since this thread was fiirst started: my 'the one' turned out to be anything but. At the time I wrote my earlier response, I was hoping for the best but I knew deep inside it was over; I was merely kidding myself.

So now I am divorced and a single father with no time (or inclination, honestly) to go huntin'. I'm at the point where I am just going to roll with the punches. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't, well, sometimes life is like that.

My dad told me not long before he died he was most afraid of dying alone. I guess we all are. But if not dying alone meant staying with my ex, uh no thank you. Life is just too short. Put me in solitary.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
1/29/11 9:55 p.m.

I suppose I should give condolences, but after reading some of the recent relationship threads here, I'm tempted to give congratulations instead.

PHeller
PHeller Dork
1/30/11 12:53 p.m.

Wow I skimmed the posts until realizing I had made one of the first ones in 2008.

Since 2008 I broke up with my last girlfriend, who was driven, successful, and family oriented, but had major control issues and was very conservative.

I took a year to live the single life, dated around, had lots of fun, met this awesome girl.

In 2010 I started dating previously mentioned awesome girl, moved to a new city with her, and have been very happy, despite lack of job prospects, missing my hometown friends and family.

It's nice to be able to plan things with someone else, and know that even if things went south, I would have experienced some awesome things with her.

That's what I've learned from all of it. Better to follow the girl you want rather than just dealing with the ones you don't. (at least pre-marriage)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v566SRij0IWTVp1LsiQhJbIkMyPjafH0G9sLK3VZrxkdRaaS0GpHqLPP8hzQPkji