1 2 3
m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/18/20 12:28 p.m.
Duke said:

Go to rtings.com, go to avsforum, go everywhere, and immediately get bogged down in the weeds with specs and stats and 12-digit model numbers.  It seems like every major manufacturer makes 5 different TVs that are all remarkably similar but not quite the same.  Let alone the differences between manufacturers.  

I think so you can't cross-shop and pricematch.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/20 12:42 p.m.
m4ff3w said:
Duke said:

Go to rtings.com, go to avsforum, go everywhere, and immediately get bogged down in the weeds with specs and stats and 12-digit model numbers.  It seems like every major manufacturer makes 5 different TVs that are all remarkably similar but not quite the same.  Let alone the differences between manufacturers.  

I think so you can't cross-shop and pricematch.

They learned it from the Mattress companies.

My limited TV shopping experience pretty led me to the conclusion that it really didn't matter which one I got at a certain price point. They all were 4k, all had a 120hz refresh rate, all were enormous. It's really easy to get bogged down in specs but I think it's really splitting hairs at the point in the evolution of the TV. I have remind myself that my time has value and it's not always worth spending hours pouring over specs when I'll be happy with whatever I get, because I'll never have multiple TV's to compare at the same time. Ignorance is bliss right?

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
9/18/20 7:24 p.m.

Shop all of them then use Best Buy price match to buy online with in person pickup.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
voJZOmHmt7Nc9v5ClXknNewMhJkZr968UvIqwwESOzMSuSHIRhaJ7fENDrunrjul