1 2
84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
2/3/22 1:46 p.m.

As the white death is currently underway throughout much of the country I thought I'd check-in and see how everyone's doing.

Cincinnati is mid-Ice storm but nothing too terrible as of yet.  Beer run was completed prior as milk and eggs were already stocked for the apocalypse.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/3/22 1:50 p.m.

The trees here in Erlanger are coated pretty well, but I haven't seen anything come down yet.  Still have phone, internet, and power.  Bread, milk, egg, and bourbon supplies are holding out. 

I haven't stepped outside the house since about 2200 last night, but the driveway and street don't look like much fun as of right now.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
2/3/22 1:54 p.m.

I'm about 100 miles north of you. It rained all day yesterday, turned to freezing rain for just a little bit and has been snowing since about midnight. I drove to work this morning (about ten miles) and it wasn't that bad, but the snow continued and the wind picked up. I decided to work from home and left around 11:00 and the roads were E36 M3. It's still snowing and blowing now and its supposed to snow the rest of the day. I'll probably WFH tomorrow too.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/3/22 1:59 p.m.

Damn.  I want a snowmageddon.  Of course school was already closed here for a week when we got 1-2" of snow + some ice, so I'm not sure this is the best time for it.

Its currently 60 and raining :|

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/3/22 1:59 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

I suspect with how close we are, we're pretty much seeing the same weather.  I scraped 0.25"-0.50" of sleet/ice off my driveway on my lunch break in an attempt to make it easier to clean up when this mess all ends.  My driveway is steeper than yours, though, so a bit more dangerous in weather like this.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/22 2:03 p.m.

In Ontario, we had ours on Jan 17th, today only a couple inches fell last I saw...

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/3/22 3:17 p.m.

Heh, snow.  I'm headed to the track this weekend, forecast is in the low 70s. :)

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/3/22 3:19 p.m.

Very little snow, mostly ice. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/3/22 3:25 p.m.

Why couldn't we have had this weather for the Rolex? 

GameboyRMH said:

In Ontario, we had ours on Jan 17th, today only a couple inches fell last I saw...

Can confirm... maybe 2 inches here northeast of the GTA

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/3/22 3:49 p.m.

What's that?  Snowing you say?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
2/3/22 4:40 p.m.

East side of Indy checking in.

Rain all day yesterday. Transitioned to freezing rain then about 2 inches of snow at 7am. I just (barely) got home from work. About 6 inches of snow on the way home.  A few coworkers helped push me up a slight incline in the parking lot.  Had to keep up the momentum at transitions to keep from getting stuck again.

Turns out a rear wheel drive Supercharged Jaaaaag isn't the best tool for driving in the snow.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/22 4:40 p.m.

It's finally starting to transition from sleet to snow here in Columbus. I'm hoping for a lot overnight so I can make good use of the tractor digging it out. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/3/22 4:53 p.m.

Still raining here south east of Pittsburgh. Which is helping get rid of a lot of the snow that's just been laying around.

Supposedly we're getting 1/4-1/2" of ice then snow, but for as wrong as they've been this year predicting things I don't expect much more than freezing rain overnight.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/3/22 6:51 p.m.

Central Vermont here. School was called at 6 PM. Tomorrow in is a snow day. Hopefully I can make some progress on the model car.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/22 6:59 p.m.

*shrug*

It's nice that everyone is staying home.

Rush hour traffic:

Really missing my Golf.  4000lb and AWD has nothin' on 2200lb, manual steering, and 155 width Blizzaks.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
2/3/22 7:08 p.m.

It was 86F here in Tampa....

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
2/3/22 7:50 p.m.

School already called for tomorrow and just transitioning to snow after ice.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
2/3/22 7:55 p.m.

At least in my area of the tri state, freezing rain transitioned to sleet pretty quickly, so there's not a ton of ice on trees and power lines.  I've heard it's worse further south, though.  I have cleared the driveway three times so far today, I don't think I've ever seen this much sleet in one storm.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/3/22 8:20 p.m.

I just let it pile up today and more so tonight. The old two stage snowblower will get cranked up whenever it stops tomorrow.  One benefit of both of us working from home, I guess.  Like Tim said above, I also have never seen so much sleet in one go.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/3/22 8:20 p.m.

I could be shoveling the driveway.  But I'm making a big batch of carnitas instead.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
2/3/22 8:23 p.m.

It just stopped snowing here in Central Illinois. An honest 12 inches. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/3/22 8:25 p.m.

Mmmmmm .... carnitas !

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
2/4/22 6:58 a.m.

it's currently 5 degrees here in West Michigan.    The "Storm" dropped about 5-6" of wet snow.   

The county had it all cleared up by the next morning.    Life goes on.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
2/4/22 8:26 a.m.
wae said:

I could be shoveling the driveway.  But I'm making a big batch of carnitas instead.

Hilarious that I made the same thing.  Semi bummed we only got a few inches of snow after the ice.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kXJJOguOlFl9txLjv0cF3krh5hXRIUFQ2UWmhaUiIu3fMMlUMeDqjS4d5PtL0q6W