1 2

Here in northeast PA at 1500', it's an icy mess! No snow but 8 hours of freezing rain and sleet. LOTS of tree branches down and windows are completely iced over.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
2/4/22 9:30 a.m.

Dayton OH freezing rain all night Wednesday night until about 3-4pm Thursday then snow, and it was significant snow.  I went out to shovel my walkway and steps, and make sure I could open the Crosstrek's doors.  Glad I did, they were almost iced over.  Boss and Bossette gave me an out Wednesday so I took it and stayed home.

Today the roads around my neighborhood are pretty bad, never did shovel my driveway.  Glad I have AWD and Blizzaks.  Shoveled again while the car warmed up, took forever to get the ice off.  75 was dicey on and off, but driveable.

So far I'm the only one at work, I'm hoping bossette makes an appearance at some point for my paycheck.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/4/22 9:45 a.m.

Upstate NY, 12" of snow, no ice, the plows came through, if I still worked in the office I would have made it on time. It is the most snow we have had in one sitting this year so far though.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/4/22 9:51 a.m.

Deep and drifting here. 

Might be hard to notice on the white, on white, on white but look at my aerodynamic rear snow spoiler... 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/22 10:58 a.m.
Indy - Guy said:

East side of Indy checking in.

Rain all day yesterday. Transitioned to freezing rain then about 2 inches of snow at 7am. I just (barely) got home from work. About 6 inches of snow on the way home.  A few coworkers helped push me up a slight incline in the parking lot.  Had to keep up the momentum at transitions to keep from getting stuck again.

Turns out a rear wheel drive Supercharged Jaaaaag isn't the best tool for driving in the snow.

Super V8?  You realize you have my dream car.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/22 11:01 a.m.

Here in PA things are supposed to get E36 M3ty today.  We've had a couple inches of rain yesterday and last night and it's supposed to switch to 1/8" of freezing rain and then 1-4" of sleet on top of that.  It was 34 when I woke up at 7:30 and it's already down to 30 and still raining.  Ground is frozen hard from several days of highs in the teens.  I expect to have a strange commute home today on my H/T rib tires.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/4/22 11:05 a.m.

I've got a muffler coming in to the shop for my friend's PT Cruiser and it was supposed to arrive yesterday via FedEx.  At 4am yesterday they say they put it on the truck for delivery but I wasn't about to go out there and wait for it in that mess, so I figured I'd just let FedEx do their thing:

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
2/4/22 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

No.  The perspective in that pic makes the rear door look long. It's just a regular XJR.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/4/22 11:27 a.m.

Coupla hundred miles east of NYNick, love to have the snow!!  We got 1-2" of ice and slushy snow (that turned to ice) then 6" of snow.  Snowblower just rides over the snow, nothing gets through the ice.  I don't like Florida, but .....

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/4/22 10:57 p.m.

Spent four hours today alternating between a roofing shovel to break up the now compacted sleet and a grain shovel to move the broken up sleet ... 2/3 is the driveway is now clear.  Ugggg.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p8NtUnehG7anN4Vimc1wORK1OV7UQVWmkvfZnRXZdw5FcgoFqtx7Om7M1b7aI2wC