1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 43
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/22 8:30 a.m.

It is visiting collage season. Stopped in a WPI yesterday and took the tour with my son.

Trimmed the hedge just in time for winter. :)

Today is lots of wood cutting and splitting. I have about four cords of oak and maple in 12-14 foot logs that need to be taken care of.  Doughy I will get it all done but it will be a good work out.  

I need to finish the fluid film on the h2 but the order did not show up so I will hopefully get that for next weekend.  (really impressed with the results so far). 

We need a weekend of rain so I can get my bacement clean out project completed. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/18/22 10:10 a.m.

Going drag racing with about 350 other weirdos....

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/18/22 3:08 p.m.

Hoping this comes out as planned--

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/18/22 3:35 p.m.

Yesterday we went to Stillwater to see us best up on what, in football terms, is essentially a JUCO team. We left at halftime when it was 49-7

Gundy out in the 2nd stringers to start the 2nd quarter.

Karacticus
9/18/22 5:13 p.m.

That was worth it!

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/18/22 8:09 p.m.

Busy weekend. Friday evening it was Anya restaurant in Thompson, CT for Annie's birthday. (See above). Saturday was pumpkins, gourds, and chrysanthemums at a local farm for fall decoration. (See above). Last night was another birthday dinner with friends at the Tree House Tavern in Warwick, RI. (No pics for public display smiley). This morning we were sitting around the house drinking coffee and decided we needed to do a road trip in the MX-5. So now we're at the Capt. Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport, Maine for an overnight. Our room is on the second floor to the right of the front door:

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/18/22 8:13 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

I have fond memories of having lobster at Mabel's Lobster in Kennebunkport in 1987.

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/18/22 8:18 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Gary :

A road-registered Turner, you say? Why yes, yes I do! This guy lives in my sub. Less than 100 imported something like 55-60 years ago.

Cool. There aren't very many Turners road-registered. Most of the ones I've seen are vintage raced.

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/18/22 8:41 p.m.
Karacticus said:

Hoping this comes out as planned--

I'm a vintage aircraft enthusiast and always thought it'd be fun to take a flight in one ... until this happened three years ago:

B-17 mishap at Bradley

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/18/22 8:45 p.m.

I washed and waxed my new car with my pickle bucket.  Hard to see in the pics, but it pops a little more than it did before.

Before

Washa U-crannies!

After

michaeldeng
michaeldeng New Reader
9/18/22 9:00 p.m.

Getting a pair of recaros put in my car laugh

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/18/22 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Very nice car! Great color combo.

This is mine. I bought it in March this year. We just drove up to Maine from RI and it was a very comfortable drive. It's a great GT cruiser:

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/18/22 9:47 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Thanks! I'm enjoying it.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/22 11:49 p.m.

All the stuff I was going to today did not happen. Instead I got the backup lights in the Merc sorted. Turns out a connector in the rear harness was not in all the way. Been chasing this for a year or more.  

Then college stuff for my son took center stage and that killed the rest of the day. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/22 1:28 p.m.

Finished up the Toyobaru's oil cooler install, possibly the world's first behind-the-radiator setup on this model, so the car is track-ready now:

It was a very tight fit, had to shave the oil filler cap to get it to rotate freely next to the sandwich plate, which also seems to be in full contact with a fuel hardline...then did an autocross which adam525i also attended. Got 4th in raw time and missed 3rd by 1 cone, adam525i got an impressive 9th with a Legacy wagon and was 1 cone away from beating an M3. The autocross revealed one more fitment issue at full launch torque which I'll probably have to remove the whole CAI setup to get a tool in to fix. Need to get that done before the coming weekend when there's another autocross.

Went for a bike ride around town Sunday night, still felt like I'd only just turned by work computer off...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/22 3:12 p.m.

Bonus pic:

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/24/22 3:02 p.m.

Saturday: Trimming and shaping our well-established holly "bush." The pic is deceiving. It's over 10 feet tall:

This gives some reference to its height. I'm 5'10". I used my trusty Ego battery trimmer and a ladder of course.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/24/22 3:13 p.m.

Busy week selling hose so Saturday is chore day and Sunday is church, rest and food day.  

Pulled the silcock apart to replace leaking washer so I fear the seat is shot since it still leaks.  Time for new ones.  

Cut lawn and yard work then 50 times asking the dog to "give me the ball". General stuff around house all day.  

Karacticus
9/24/22 4:30 p.m.

At the local annual car cruise. Big deal for our little town. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/22 4:38 p.m.

Cleaning out a parking space for the Bentley. Hope to finish tomorrow.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/24/22 4:42 p.m.

Autocross on the kart track at the speedway. There's a track sprint, but the civic is on a lift, and the Miata doesn't have a roll bar. 

edit: oh, and storm preparation. 

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/24/22 5:17 p.m.

Delayed flight. Re-routed. Now a 4.5 hour lay-over. Rocking in Charlotte.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
9/24/22 8:48 p.m.

Relaxing, drinking beer, dreaming about the epic bucket list adventure I was just on, contemplating the next move for SickWeek, the next drag-n-drive event,  vehicle wise....

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/22 11:24 p.m.

yesterday

GRM Shuttled some tires

watched Marcus King Band rock out in Grand Rapids MI

today

drove to Cleveland OH to visit R&RHOF

currently laying on the couch in our AirBnB which the host made quite clear "is NOT in East Cleveland." Its within shooting distance of East Cleveland though. I would rather have driven home tonight.

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/25/22 3:16 p.m.

Sunday: went to this event this morning.

A few pics:

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8ubn3VRTJvCa3YuOwzVPOdZy56KcgjuSYrFZhS8Os2CT9NvnmwTbf26zdqmqubqS