1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 43
Gary
Gary UberDork
10/16/22 8:38 p.m.

Low-key weekend for us. I'm in the middle of fall cleanup, so that's what I did all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon we took the MX-5 to CT. We love the "Quiet Corner," also known as the "Last Green Valley." Northeast CT. Fantastic drivers' roads. And this weekend the fall foliage was great. The maple trees are at their peak.

We stopped at Bear Hands Brewing Company in Putnam for a couple of their craft beers:

And then dinner at 85 Main in Putnam:

Well, we each had the swordfish special. I drank the Cotes du Rhone and Annie had some sort of white wine. laugh

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/16/22 8:51 p.m.

I worked on my GMT400 this weekend.

• changed front coil springs
  • aligned front end
  • replaced sagged trans mount
  • changed the oil

I also ordered the parts I need to convert my Corvette from power seats to manual sliders. Hopefully that all arrives in time that I can work on it next weekend.

Gary
Gary UberDork
10/22/22 8:38 p.m.

So it's only Saturday night, and it's already been a busy and fun weekend. Started the morning off with a Tech Session with the British Motorcars of New England club (of which I'm a member). It was at my friend Howie's garage, about a quarter mile from my house. Installing a Pertronix on my former car, a '68 Spitfire. That was successful. Then, this afternoon, I used my HF chipper/shredder to clean up a pile of yard debris. Then this evening it was dinner at Bill's with friends.

johndej
johndej SuperDork
10/22/22 9:51 p.m.

Finally got to messing with an MB5 that's been sitting an unknown time. It has spark and was locked up, it's now free with unknown compression after sitting with a blaster/MMO mix applied intermittently, the head pulled off, and piston tapped with a dowel rod/hammer combo.

Folgers
Folgers Reader
10/23/22 7:46 p.m.

Eight thousand pounds of Petite Pearl in the cooler. 

10/23/22 9:08 p.m.

Converted my Corvette from power seats to manual seats.

Detailed my daily-driver Corolla.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/22 12:41 a.m.

Let's see. Split wood. About a half a cord. Helped out at the local sportsman's club doing the fall clean up.  Hung up Christmas stuff at my wife's direction. (Philippine Christmas's season is starting!!). Started to diagnose a mystery rattle in the rear of the Merc.  Shopped Tires.  

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
10/24/22 6:02 a.m.

Practically nothing, and it was absolutely glorious.  I got to take a nap...both Saturday and Sunday, get in my hot tub, sleep in.  Back on the road Wednesday, so I enjoyed every moment.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/22 9:15 a.m.

Saturday consisted of being a docent at my parent's house for the local historic tour. It's a fundraiser for the Edisto Island Museum. We ended up with about 800 people wandering around the house and ground. It's kind of fun, but it's a lot of work getting the place ready. 

Sunday I got the Bentley washed, took a bike ride, and started planning next weekend's trip to finish up the South Carolina Adventure Route. 

10/30/22 2:38 p.m.

My OBS just turned 120k miles this week so I treated it to a differential service. 

Then cleaned the engine thoroughly. I have a slight oil leak coming from somewhere on the front of the engine so I got it all cleaned up so I can see exactly where it's coming from. I think it's going to be the crankshaft position sensor  

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/30/22 2:59 p.m.

Three events in two days.

At the Firm yesterday morning, I drove Vtec Slow, my 1.8 civic for an autocross win in H Street. In the afternoon, the civic was third in the Track Sprint behind Fast Phil Currin in his BRZ and a supercharged MR2. 

Today I took my Miata to Lake Tech for a Martin Sports Car Club autocross. It was my first event on the new Bridgestone RE71rs tires. I was very impressed, although I miss the heat tolerance of the Rivals.

I was second/last in E Street (only two drivers in the class today) almost a second behind. The other driver is solidly a mid pack Nationals driver, and his MR-S is one of the best E Street cars around here.

I'm happy, and tired. I've got tires to change on both cars. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/30/22 4:20 p.m.

Hurricane Ian cleanup......again......still. 
God I'm tired. Not even in the rebuild phase yet. 

Toyman!
10/30/22 7:27 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

I feel for you. BTDT.

Toyman!
10/30/22 7:30 p.m.

I put 640 miles on the Touareg finishing off the South Carolina Adventure Route. Good times, even with camping in the rain.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/30/22 7:50 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to DrBoost :

I feel for you. BTDT.

Hurricane cleanup is a young mans game LOL. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/22 8:05 p.m.

my weekend started early last week. Monday thru Wednesday was SAE Applied Vehicle Dynamics at the BMW Performance Center in Greer SC

a killer dinner at Chophouse '47

and a tour of Thunder Bunny Racing's World HQ

Thursday I goofed off in my garage all day. Friday I did final Fall yard cleanup and goofed off in my garage the rest of the day. Saturday I ran 4 miles, then helped AK1 install her winters, then goofed off the rest of the day. Watched Top Gun: Maverick with the fam Saturday night. Sunday AM we made the 1-hour drive to Waffle House, then carved pumpkins and watched F1. It's 8PM and I'm just headed out to the garage for 45 minutes of soldering on MonZora's engine harness. Hooray for the seven-day weekend. I could get used to this.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/30/22 8:07 p.m.

Some late season sailing on Sandusky Bay (of Lake Erie.)  Me and my daughter (8) aboard a close friend's boat. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/30/22 8:40 p.m.

Dinner with brother Dustin friday, hung with brother Dallas cutting up a duster yesterday and visiting steve, went with the whole family to the Renaissance festival today.

Busy weekend. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
10/30/22 9:27 p.m.

Pulled off yet another successful Halloween party for the kiddos even though it rained. I had four tents set up in the driveway plus the garage door open for seating. It will take a few days to dry the tents in the garage, but it was worth it.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/30/22 9:50 p.m.

Lego with grandson.

I took a long weekend off work and went for a fall road trip in the Cappuccino. First extended drive after getting it home and doing a little bit of work on it. I visited my parents and my dad got to see it and drive it for the first time; I think he enjoyed it! 

I took two-lane roads 99.5% of the way and had a blast! Plenty of room for me and a weekend’s worth of stuff. The roof was water-tight and the defrost was totally up to the task. The refurbished and upgraded LHD-converted headlights worked well. Fuel mileage in the 40’s was a nice bonus!

Gary
Gary UberDork
10/31/22 12:01 a.m.

I debated whether to post this here or on the "Are you ready for Halloween" thread. Well, it's here. We had a Halloween party for the grand children. It's an annual thing. We had them over tonight. But it took us 3+ days to prep. A lot of work. So that's what we did this weekend. The video is better, but it's on Annie's FB page. PM me if you want to see the video.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
10/31/22 6:28 a.m.

Holy hell, what a busy weekend and week ahead!!  This past weekend Mrs. SKJSS and I flew to Boston on Wednesday night.  On Thursday I worked my full time job from the hotel and race track.  I also worked for Lemons that afternoon/early evening.  On Friday, I worked my full time job, worked for Lemons and ran test day with my race team.  I worked the race and drove all weekend.  My team won class B, hell yeah!!!!  On Saturday night, there was a costume party and Mrs. SKJSS and I dressed up as a bride and groom.  A teammate of mine dressed as a pastor and we got "married", which was actually a celebration of our first wedding anniversary, which was on Sunday.  Flew home last night, got home at 1:30am and back to my full time job at 5:45am...so here I sit.

My crazy week continues...  I board a plane tomorrow night with my 18 year old son, heading to Vegas.  Wed and Thur we will be at SEMA.  He will catch a plane on Thur night at 11:30pm to head back to ATL.  I will catch a plane one hour later, heading to Houston.  I'll land in Houston on Friday at 6am and head straight to MSR Houston to work the Lemons race.  I am taking the following Monday off of work so Mrs. SKJSS and I can tour Galveston.

Damn...I need a nap.

Gary
Gary UberDork
11/4/22 9:32 p.m.

Friday evening. Dinner with Annie and our friend Aline (known as "Alin" to all) at our mutual friend Howie's house. I sold my '68 Spitfire to Howie last year. I had run out of gumption finishing the Spit, and Howie took on the task and did a superb job finishing it. It'll be an award winner, no doubt. Love the period correct wheel/tire combo:

Anyway, in addition to being a fan of British sports cars from the sixties and early seventies, of which he has several, he's a great cook. Dinner and wine were great, and then he regaled us with stories of his youth, growing up on "The Hill" with organized crime in Providence, and a lot of personal experiences with many of the major players ... including the major player of the major players. Great, fun evening.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/4/22 10:08 p.m.

My wife and I are going to Disney.

With 3 other couples.  All of them have kids under 6.

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A5yVb70Vg4F6E1yssTDdfSbcWqukrrCN25rKqblILddhmuB3gx6OscG84N1O5FDt