1 2 3 4 ... 43
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/22 7:28 p.m.
yupididit said:

Clean the garage, yard work. 

My wife new candle company launched today so I've been helping out with that as well. 

So you going to post a link?  

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
4/23/22 7:28 p.m.

I am both working at and racing in the 24 Hours of LeMons race at Carolina Motorsports Park.  Life is good smiley

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/23/22 7:44 p.m.

There's a new addition to the household.

I've been playing the biting game with him, trying to help the girlfriend get him acclimated, giving the fleet some love in the form of washing and planning, oh, and drinking some beers. Not too bad.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/22 8:00 p.m.

Nice mtn bike ride in the AM.  Then finally started working on the 12V LED off-grid lighting setup for my shed.

Sunday - another mtn bike ride with friends/teammates down in Fredrick, MD.  Then I'll hopefully be able to work on the GT6 a bit when I get home.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/23/22 8:39 p.m.

Switched mostly from Wahoo/Systm/Sufferfest to TrainerRoad for cycling and did an hour and a half on the indoor trainer today; feeling good about a few weeks of solid work there. Of course I really need to turn that into a few months, then a few years...

Replaced the spontaneously disintegrating fuel filter on the MGB and got it fired up. Mostly pulled the cover to wash the mildewy (and disintegrating) thing for the neighbors' benefit. And my wife's. Well, and mine. It's still terrible to drive, and will be 'til it gets a lot more work. But at least it's not immobile any more.

Trying to teach the dog to use the stairs to get onto the bed. She turned ten recently, and has missed the jump up a few times, and looks like she's not having any fun hopping down. However, thus far she doesn't seem to think much of the stairs except they get in her way.

We're meeting up with a friend we don't see too often for dinner; that's pretty cool.

Tomorrow making some kind of Portuguese food for the MotoGP viewing. Pleased to see Aleix on the Aprilia in P3 (I've got leftover brand loyalty), pleased to see Zarco on pole, and I'm hoping Quartararo can do something good from P5; his title defense has been rough so far; he's put in some good rides, but the Yamaha looks like every other manufacturer got even more fasterer than them since last year on the straights.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/22 8:46 p.m.

Babysitting my sister-in-law's black lab who is less than a year old.

Looking forward to giving him back.

And it's not just me. 

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
4/23/22 8:59 p.m.

Daddly things today (bikes, power wheels, sitting in my Locost making vroom vroom sounds), dropping the spawn off with the in-laws tomorrow and mountain biking after.  Maybe trying to fix my shoddy welding on an aluminum radiator in the afternoon. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/23/22 9:02 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Quarantining, eating ice cream, listening to Primus. 

You got the Covid? 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/22 9:44 p.m.
Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/22 9:51 p.m.

Took my eldest to buy a fishing rod for his birthday. 

Read a book. 

Not a very productive day 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
4/23/22 9:54 p.m.

Rediscovering the world of car shows after a few years without.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
4/23/22 10:20 p.m.

Went to Radwood at COTA with my son and his girlfriend. No pictures as we were all enjoying it too much. It was........totally rad!

We're going to the Austin Auto Show tomorrow. Little disappointed that a bunch of manufacturers (Honda for one) won't be there. 

-Rob

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/23/22 10:41 p.m.

Not a whole lot today was done until 4pm... I moved my workbench out of the garage and into the pod in the driveway by myself. I was then able to start some of the Tetris game to cram that beotch full.

Tomorrow is a run to the local cars and coffee at the mall then to the expo center for a gun show that a friend of mine has a display hawking his company's ammo... Then back to load more crap into the pod.

Yay me.indecision

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/22 10:46 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Rediscovering the world of car shows after a few years without.

There's a C&C in town tomorrow. Maybe I should (literally) dust off the MG.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/23/22 10:59 p.m.

Took my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend to the local dirt track races.  Everyone had a great time, happy to report!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
4/23/22 11:06 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That would be great. That car is underappreciated and underused IMO.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/23/22 11:20 p.m.

Did some shooting, played some guitar, started building a new solar panel stand but didn't get too far, had some bison tacos and some Godfathers

This morning I walked to Farmer's Market, met my sister and her boyfriend, loaded up on produce and such, and ate a scrumptious breakfast burrito while people watching. Then I sipped coffee while sitting on the park blocks, followed by going to the shop and doing a final check over on the FR-S for the upcoming trackday. Then I continued at the shop with a little work on my Cappuccino project.

Followed by briefly catching up with a car buddy and his wife and little one while they were in from out of town.

Tomorrow I pack up and head to central Oregon and Oregon Raceway Park. It will be my second time running there, and I can't await! 

This weekend is a three-day joint event with my club and another local club. Saturday is trackcross with points for WMC, tomorrow is trackcross with points for BCA, and Monday is a full-course CCW trackday. I put my trackday pads and 200TW tires on the FR-S and I'm running with the intermediate group; should be fun!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/22 1:02 p.m.

Part 2:  Out to the local store and picked up 4 pares of carhart pants. My son and I are now off to our friendly FFL as the META SFx is now purchasable here in ma and the HK I had a deal on turns out not to be.   My son has his eye on a competition 22lr that he really wants. This could be a really expensive Sunday.  

After that I am going to continue on with the brake line replacement.  Lots of double flair's in my future.   

OR

I skip the truck and get the riding mower out of the barn where it has been stored for the winter and swap in the snowblower. Oil changes for both as well as new blades for the mower.  

OR 

Go to the range with my son and let all that be a next weekend thing.  Father son time is much more fun (and important to me) as he is rapidly becoming a young man. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/22 1:03 p.m.

Did my taxes, binge-watched a series or two, going out for a bike ride today.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/24/22 1:20 p.m.

Played poker Friday night with some buddies. A few good hands but it was not my night overall. Saturday I was chilling and a friend who had mentioned he was in the market for a new car texted and said he was signing the papers at that moment. He was about 15 minutes away, so he came by afterward and we went and got fish tacos and beers at the marina to celebrate. He is not a car guy but he had fallen in love with the color (see his blog post about it HERE), did some research, and pulled the trigger. It was fun to learn about the blue car that may have inspired the purchase.

Other than that I've been mostly staying inside as I've got a big bandage on my face from having a basal cell carcinoma removed on Thursday. New facial scars NFTW. :-(

Remember kids, wear sunscreen.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
4/24/22 1:44 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Face scars are manly. At least that's what I tell myself. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/24/22 5:16 p.m.
Ranger50 said:

Not a whole lot today was done until 4pm... I moved my workbench out of the garage and into the pod in the driveway by myself. I was then able to start some of the Tetris game to cram that beotch full.

Tomorrow is a run to the local cars and coffee at the mall then to the expo center for a gun show that a friend of mine has a display hawking his company's ammo... Then back to load more crap into the pod.

Yay me.indecision

Definitely did not make the gun show as a friend of my youngest was dropped off unexpectedly for some play time. Oh to be 8yrs old...

Did make C&C... few oddballs out cruising besides all the idiots flexing dollars and lower than 100 pt iq's...

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
4/24/22 5:44 p.m.

Cleaned the shed, cut the grass, played outside with the kids and their dirt bikes.

Now it's time to start dreading tomorrow. 

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/24/22 5:45 p.m.

Saturday helped a buddy move in the pouring rain. Saturday night started panicking as the water levels in my backyard were climbing rapidly despite having a 3/4hp sprinkler pump going continuously since Thursday night.

Grabbed an additional sump pump and hit home Depot, grabbed another 1" gas transfer pump. Bailed out some window wells. Thankfully we only got some minor seepage in the basement, next door neighbour had 4 feet of water. Pic is from a couple hours ago, temps have dropped and it's now snowing instead of raining. It was about 3" higher last night.

1 2 3 4 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8q0FyjasMkYW37ZmSMPIER3NuwZtrGONXZEWBYDLOclIClFzxDi9zV0immRESlNn