1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43
wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/22/23 10:02 p.m.

This weekend I'm hanging out with a few car people!

Ya know, Stampie, dusterbd, angry corvair, Travis, Patrick, etc.  Can't wait to meet some of yall and hang out with those I know already!

Gary
Gary UberDork
6/1/23 9:14 a.m.

I'm more than a little late posting about our Memorial Day Weekend, but here it was.

Lime Rock TransAm and SVRA racing.

Complimentary new hat courtesy of the nice folks in the background:

Our humble abode for the weekend:

And (of course) a visit to Millbrook Winery:

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/23 9:44 a.m.

This was a good weekend. 

I took Friday, Monday and Tuesday off and spent it in the mountains. We are still moving into the property up there so the weekend was spent moving and building furniture. 

The load headed up there. The Touareg only gets 13 mpg with a mattress strapped on top of the trailer and a foot in the fuel tank. 

IMG_2942.JPG

Did a little plumbing to install a temporary dump station for my motorhome.

20230527_122922.jpg

My middle son managed to roll the tractor off of a rock ledge halfway to the top of the property. No one was injured and the tractor mostly survived the experience. It could have been so much worse. 

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

Got to hang out with family. Granddaughter playing on a rock pile. 

IMG_3820.JPG

Niece, nephew, and youngest son hanging on the porch. 

IMG_2943.JPG

Lost a dog but found her later no worse for wear. 

_DSC1512.JPG

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give this weekend an 8. The tractor and the dog cost a couple of points. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/1/23 8:06 p.m.

I'm going to get some track time in with the Formula Ford in preparation for a race in a couple of weeks.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
6/2/23 9:10 p.m.

Using a shovel most likely.....all good

Riding my bike a lot, both mornings.

Going to a scale model show on Saturday.

Sunday, planning to adjust the coilovers on my Corvette to get the car sitting properly.

Cleaning and organizing the garage a bit, with some help from AK1:

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
6/3/23 5:50 p.m.

Wife and MIL had their big yard sale today so I'm on kid duty. Mcds breakfast (of course) visit my parents and help a bit with the treehouse project. Home for lunch, hotdogs for them, leftovers for me. Then an hour in the pool. Kid 1 is getting better at swimming. Today was his first time voluntarily putting his head underwater without goggles and before we were done he was jumping off the 3' ledge into the deep end. Showered up and waiting for her to bring pizza for the kids, while they're watching Labyrinth. This evening is D&D as per our usual Saturday plans. Oh and my PSA order showed up last night. Not a bad weekend at all. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
6/3/23 6:33 p.m.

I'm at Gulf Coast Jam in Panama City. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/4/23 8:48 a.m.

A good buddy and I are going to see King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. He's got a new Rivian, and rented a tow behind RV. Very posh treatment indeed. All I'm bringing is banana bread and whiskey.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/4/23 8:51 p.m.

Just mulling over one of the biggest decisions I've ever had to make in my life. Nothing major. 

Folgers
Folgers Reader
6/4/23 9:41 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Do it. Just make sure she's pointed north. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/5/23 1:35 a.m.

Autocross at the Firm on Saturday. Worked on a long second heat (someone took the timing equipment for a ride), ran third. 

I was hot and tired by the time I got to drive, couldn't get my head in it. I was fast, but not clean. Finished fifth. 

Today I removed the contingency stickers from the front fenders and hood of the Miata. Previous owner drove it at nationals in 2018. I didn't want to leave them on any longer. 

Before-

After-

sebami
sebami
6/5/23 3:57 a.m.

Nothing much gone for a ride with my Homies

Gary
Gary UberDork
6/5/23 2:04 p.m.

Jeffrey Foucault performance at "The Barn" in Egremont, MA, Saturday night.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/23 2:51 p.m.

Last weekend: Bike ride around town, went on a car museum cruise.

Weekend before: Nothing big, just THE CHALLENGE cool

Edit: Fresh action pic!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/5/23 3:36 p.m.

I finally installed some 3⁰ axle shims on my Xterra to help fix the 25-35 mph driveshaft vibes from lifting it. Vibration is still there, but less than before and at a narrower speed window (pretty much just 30 mph now). In their infinite wisdom, Nissan put a CV at the diff end and a u-joint at the transfer so this is probably as good as it's going to get. 

I also adjusted the e-brake so it works now. I didn't realize how bad it was until I tried to torque the lug nuts and the wheels started turning...

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/6/23 10:18 a.m.

I will have MTOD fired up and my butt on the couch most of the weekend.

Gary
Gary UberDork
6/11/23 8:35 p.m.

British Motor Cars of New England (BMCNE), of which I'm a member, held our annual show at Colt State Park in Bristol, RI, on Saturday. Here are a few pics:

And then there was the "Peoples Choice," best in show award, which I counted the votes for.  It's a beautiful 1930 4 1/2 liter Bentley built to LeMans spec. The owner had just returned from a couple rallies totaling 1,500 miles. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
6/11/23 8:39 p.m.

On Sunday we had a family reunion in Tiverton, RI. We had fun, drank beer, wine, and canned margaritas, and played corn hole (the game). The only pic I have is of Charlie the Beagle chilling out:

Addendum as of Monday, June 12. We received this group pic from niece Charlotte, who had set her phone cam on timer and then jumped in with the rest of us. I think Charlie photo-bombed the pic. He looks bored and is in the middle of a giant yawn:

Saturday I went to the Farmer's Market in the morning (fresh strawberries!!!) and did some domestic chores and ran some errands before meeting some neighborhood friends at the local pub for a couple pints. 

Today was autocross at Keizer Stadium, and my friend (and experienced autocrosser) joined me, sharing my Cappuccino.

He has driven several different platforms, and is the type of autocrosser who loves learning and developing a chassis, and tweaking his driving style to get the most out of the car, so I was very excited to share my car and soak up his impressions and feedback. I took some of my favorite twisty two-laners home from autocross through fields, hills, and patches of woods. Tonight I think I'll watch Moto GP. Great weekend for sure! smiley

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/23 1:24 a.m.

Purchased my wife a new to her car this weekend. It dawned on me she was daily driving the highest millage car in the fleet that is registered and road worthy. 

So out with the Hummer H2 and in with a 2013 GL450. Keeping the H2 for now. It is her car after all. But this may change as the more she drives the Merc the more she smiles.  

My son graduated highschool Friday so we did a really nice dinner out to celebrate.   

Went and watched a Skeet match. That was eye opening as to just how skilled those guys are.  

Cleaned my car out and dropped it at my mechanic for a couple of little things that I just don't want to mess with.  

that was about it.  Oh got a couple mile walk with my wife in at the local running track. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/12/23 2:47 a.m.

Went to my first Renaissance Fair with the family.

Twas fun, got a big smoked turkey leg too

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/12/23 7:36 a.m.

I wrapped up most of my moving.  I am tired still 

The water the bay was nice to look at on my first drive in from the new place though. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/23 3:05 p.m.

Saturday I spent the day helping my parents clean up the yard from what may have been a small tornado.

Sunday I went mining and picked up a Gem. My son traded a popup camper for it and I bought it from him. It will end up being a farm work vehicle either on Edisto or up in the mountains. 

20230611_174926.jpg

20230611_174936.jpg

1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yZU3y789Co6Sd9sFTqz7Q47dE3kYR7XCT8ApEPRUQ6UoXNqzv4kCsk2i8FVR0PFo