1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43
bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/30/22 7:38 p.m.

Did my first Autox in a decade and a half. Actually did decent all things considered. DS is a deep class here. IIRC more than one jacket in the crowd and it was the fastest Street and ST class for the day. Didn't finish DFL and improved every run and paxed in the top half of over 190 entries. So I'm happy. 

Tomorrow will be making sure I have everything ready for Miami and oil change for the BRZ. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/30/22 9:28 p.m.

Tonight we did Italian 

There is an exhibit of the Sistine Chapel going around so I took the wife, then we went and ate at the sister restaurant to one of my favorite restaurants in the area.  Cafe Santo Stefano is where we went, opened and owned by the family that runs the Columbia Restaurant. 

Tomorrow I'm going to get a free transmission. 

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/30/22 10:24 p.m.

Spent today packing up and organizing 30+ years of shop equipment accumulation at SWMBOs grandfather's farm. I'm freaking exhausted from being the only one there able to do manual labor. 

I did come home with a new welder, a cherry picker, a spare engine stand, and various other goodies though 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
4/30/22 10:29 p.m.

Last night I picked up some 280zx turbo wheels to go on my 280z at some point.

Today I was full time caretaker for kiddo. We had a good day of being out and about. She is 14 months and loves being on the "back seat" of the bike which is so fun.

Tonight I got a "howler" from a local brewery and took what I could out of /off of the 280zx door I have so that the physical door can go get scrapped to clear garage working room back (and make money on some of the parts??)

Tomorrow will likely be similar.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/30/22 11:04 p.m.

The first swap meet of the year is tomorrow morning (Sunday.)  Of course, it's going to be cold and rainy and muddy, but I'm going anyway.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 2:38 p.m.

I have come to the conclusion that northern cars with rust that holds everything tight together giving the illusion that we have a good car as nothing rattles.  

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
5/1/22 3:01 p.m.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 6:34 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Nice!!!

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/1/22 6:59 p.m.

The DIS tour and museum are both pretty darn cool.  If that is what you were there for, hope you enjoyed them!

I got to spend the weekend applying drywall mud, sanding drywall mud, possibly eating at least a bit of drywall mud, repeat, repeat ... but on the plus side, getting the basement remodel one step closer to being done.  So, a good weekend all said.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 9:46 p.m.

Went for another bike ride yesterday, and a long drive today to get a screamin' deal on a used set of Firehawk 500s.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
5/1/22 10:05 p.m.

Saturday morning I flew from Philly to palm beach FL, got a ride to my Dad's place, loaded their 2021 CRV with all of their stuff, and headed north at 2:45pm.  Took the western route from SCas 95 is awful north of Richmond. Made it to - half hour south of Charlotte the first night by 10:30.  Got up, had Waffle House (because in the south), kept driving, met my race teammates near Summit point to look over a new potential race car (that they bought), then kept going.  Home at 6PM.  Avg about 30 mpg at a good clip. Had a good audiobook.   Next weekend I bring the car to the summer house on Cape Cod.  Dad is 91 now and finally slowing down some, it is the time to start picking up the slack for him.  

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/1/22 10:16 p.m.

Got the lawn tractor home from the clinic, pulled off the accessory drive shaft, installed and attempted to level the mower deck.

Getting down onto a creeper and off to get to the belly PTO wasn't as bad as I expected it to be with a new knee 6 1/2 weeks ago, but I bet I'm going to be one sore puppy tomorrow.  
I'd be a lot more efficient at that task if I did it more than once a year-- several things had to be done and then undone and redone because I didn't do them in the right order.

Also, went down to Ford/BMW store with my wife, who is thinking about a truck to replace her 2012 Tahoe as the horse trailer tug.  While I was there, met the guy taking delivery of this--

X5 M50 in a very striking BMW Individual Program blue -- Gentian/Enzian Blue.  It also has the factory installed hitch, so good on him for selecting a 500+ hp tow vehicle.

Also picked up my X3e, which had been in the shop since March 14th!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/1/22 10:38 p.m.

I saw The Hu 3 days in a row 

PSA to everyone:

YOU ALL NEED TO GO SEE THE HU

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/2/22 9:39 a.m.

Got a tour from Beer Baron and then hung out with him for a bit on Saturday.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/2/22 10:05 a.m.

Washed, waxed and ceramic coated her new ride. Then, when finished, did what I seem to do every weekend when it's dry out. Landscaping, yard work and cutting grass.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/22 11:10 p.m.

In reply to Sonic :

LMK if you ever need anyone to check on their place for you. I'm off of Donald Ross. 

brought AK1 home for the summer, spent my allotment of MonZora time fixing lawnmower, Mothers Day brunch with inlaws, grilled up a couple nice NY Strips for dinner.  no car stuff happened.  

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
5/9/22 9:18 a.m.

I've been staining woodwork that's already installed because long story.  Then shifted to applying thinned Waterlox because I want my house to smell like paint thinner.  Cleaned the garage and some aspects of the house, planted a bunch of different seeds in beds in front of the house, made some runs to el Depot.  Nothing car related because my house is a mess and I'm targeting that stuff first.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/22 9:26 a.m.

Spent Saturday running timing at an autox. It was supposed to be windy, sunny and hot (88F forecast) and I knew the EZ Ups would all blow away. So I brought the camper. I don't know why I never did this before.

Autocross went well, I'll be doing another one in a month.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/22 9:53 a.m.

The Polaris got a new clutch and belt. As well as rear spring seats and sway bar bushings. I pulled the steering cable out of the Key West to get a length so I can order a replacement. And I helped my father repair some damage on hit RV from a tire blowout. 

Busy, busy. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/9/22 12:28 p.m.

My 17 y/o daughter Sarah is headed off to University of Nevada at Reno this August so Aircooled and I topped off her manual driving skills in his 1958 Karmann Ghia.

Much appreciated Aircooled!

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
6/15/22 9:18 p.m.

LA roadster show is back after 2 years canceled because of Covid , 

Friday and Saturday at the LA county fairgrounds , 

Sunday is the VW bug in , swap meet , car show and 1/8 miles drags , it's in Irwindale

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/15/22 9:31 p.m.

One of my autocross friends has my recently purchased 1.8/5 speed 08 civic coupe at his house.

He's installing a set of koni sport shocks, a 22 mm Progress rear sway bar and doing an alignment with the crash bolts. He had all of the parts from when he traded in his SI. 

I'm getting all of that, including the labor for $500.

What's that have to do with my weekend? He doesn't know it, but his 19 civic sport hatchback is going to be spotless when he gets back here. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
6/18/22 7:55 p.m.

I think this is the first time Hemmings "Great Race" (actually a rally) came to RI. I've always been interested in it and wanted to see it. Luckily this year it started in Warwick, RI, a short Miata drive from where I live. So this is where I was today. Great experience. See it sometime if you get the opportunity. This year's route:

Don Racine of Mini Mania is a participant:

And a cool vintage Volvo 122 from Canada:

And a very nice early 50's DeSoto Hemi wagon:

There are 132 vehicles participating, all spectacular. If you live along this year's route, see it if you can.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/22 8:20 p.m.

Worked a bit on the boat, did chores and was generally productive today.

Tomorrow is a rallycross. Woohoo!

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BercEzhsbCQwQXok1anCRe12Uanr2bzsNMrz0Gog4rSpvs2Q5sVKZkxWEcuJQAJL