1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 43
Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/5/22 10:43 a.m.

Hitting up a P-N-P for some SAAB parts and hopefully finally finishing up the baseboards in the house.  

yupididit:

I have wanted a 190 ever since sitting in a 16v when they were new.  A Merc Dealer had one at the local mall, I always liked it better than the E30 M3.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/5/22 10:45 a.m.

Avoiding the hell out of my 20th high school reunion. 

Instead I'm gonna visit with some friends (not from high school) that moved away 4 or 5 years ago and are coming back for a small vacation 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
8/5/22 11:52 a.m.

Working the entire weekend at the base

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/5/22 12:51 p.m.
APEowner said:
hybridmomentspass said:

What am I doing this weekend? Getting married.

After a little more than 2.5 years together, we're tying the knot on Saturday and then heading out for a mini-honeymoon on Sunday. We'll do a longer, proper honeymoon in winter when she doesnt have to work as much (she's a florist doing OTHER people's weddings too ha)

Congratulations!  I wish you both many years of happiness.

Congratulations! May your marriage be as happy as ours. Best thing in my life. 

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
8/5/22 1:02 p.m.

I've got a living room wall to finish prepping for paint but if I'm not at work all day Saturday my boss might look bad and complain. 

So I'll be prepping and painting a living room wall, next in a long game of chicken at work laugh No matter who wins, I lose

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/22 1:12 p.m.

Installing a teak swim platform and teak seating on the Shamrock. 

From there, probably installing a VHF radio and antenna. 

Then if I have time, I'll install the glove box and other little things that the Brown Santa dropped off. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/22 5:34 p.m.

Unfortunately not going to Indiana  I hope there's an event shirt I can order, this is the best race name ever  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/5/22 5:43 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Get all up in Uranus if you ever find yourself in Missouri.

Apparently, the main location is Uranus, IN or is that IN Uranus?  It's said that what happens in Uranus stays in Uranus

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
8/5/22 6:18 p.m.

I have another wedding to work this weekend (this will be weekend #8 in a row) and hoping to hit the yard for a set of wheels for my truck on Sunday. *MAY* hit up the drifting while I am in the city Sunday but I have an abundance of adulting things to accomplish sunday as well like laundry...  

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
8/5/22 6:26 p.m.

Pomona swap meet is Sunday , starts at 5am , good thing t starts early since it will be  over 90F later in the morning.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/5/22 7:00 p.m.

I will be attending the funeral of a friend on Saturday.  I still vividly remember the day he told me he had been diagnosed with colon cancer.  He fought a good fight.

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 7

1 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.

3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
8/5/22 10:04 p.m.

Hopefully working in the garage finding accessories to glue to my motorcycle.  The heat lately has really killed my motivation.  Windshield, case guards, and side case racks all need to go on.  Pelican cases glued to the racks.  Oil change for car and motorcyle.  Yadda yadda.  It keeps hitting 100 out there and staying hot until late and I don't absolutely have to do this right now so it's easy to get side tracked.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/5/22 10:28 p.m.

Kid went on vacation - wife volunteered to babysit the dog I call Moose.  Lots of fighting right now.  Plus replace rotten fascia board AND NOT go to Road America IMSA on Saturday.

Gary
Gary UberDork
8/6/22 10:06 a.m.

Although the LeMons event is happening at Thompson this weekend, I don't think I'll be going. The weather is extremely hot and humid here in Southern New England (temp and humidity both in the 90's), and been that way for awhile. It's really something for me to complain about warm temps because I usually thrive in it. But the high humidity is just too oppressive. 

So that's something I won't be doing this weekend. We'll probably spend time indoors with the A/C cooling us down, and go out to dinner this evening.

8/6/22 11:48 a.m.

Waiting for the next run group to start. 
Missing David Wallens and JG, hopefully they'll be back with us soon. 

8/6/22 4:10 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Waiting for the next run group to start. 
Missing David Wallens and JG, hopefully they'll be back with us soon. 

Did what I came to do. Hoping for a repeat tomorrow. 

Biking with older daughter, tracking down and fixing plumbing leak in bathroom, replacing cartridges in dripping tub faucet, all things which don't look anything at all like working on my 2025 challenge car.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/22 8:52 p.m.

We are at the lake house!!!  All week!!!!

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
8/6/22 9:14 p.m.

Tip toeing around my bench that has an exploded view of my Bugeye differential because the 3 parts I need to make it perfect didn't come on Friday.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/22 9:17 p.m.

Teak swim platform on the Shamrock.

8/6/22 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

That's so perfect for those boats. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/7/22 6:22 a.m.

Time to go fishing before the world wakes up. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
8/7/22 8:28 a.m.

Picked a fight yesterday, did not end well.  Might be looking at a 944 today if he replies.

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
8/7/22 11:05 a.m.

Met some guy in Nashville last night.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/7/22 12:26 p.m.

Installed a set of inexpensive close-out struts from RockAuto and a set of lowering springs on my commuter appliance. It's a bit lower than I'd have chosen but still rides better than the 180k mile Toyota original parts. 

Now if Tire Rack would just quit pushing my wheel/tire backorder further out and ship them to me sometime. I need tires sooner rather than later. 

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 43

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5PKxEHfVGfSJUQyZmhsk1OthzfCwPXDFbHR3GAPVEz8qtXf049ZB7GhYL0ImHj4k