Jay
Jay Dork
9/15/09 3:50 p.m.

...in Fort William, Scotland last week. Randomly pulled into a car park I was in. First time I've seen one in person. Absolutely beautiful car; not nearly as big as it looks on Top Gear. I was a bit put off that it was the exact same grey as my rented Vauxhall Astra (of which you can see the roof above the Aston in the first pic), but whatever. Still wouldn't kick it out of the garage.

Such a pretty car I'll forgive the terrible parking job. The Land Rover was pretty cool too.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
9/15/09 4:15 p.m.

who cares if its the same color, thats lucky for your astra! and its a damn sexy color for a car as well.

cwh
cwh Dork
9/15/09 4:43 p.m.

There are a bunch of those around here. (SoFla) I still turn around and stare.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
9/15/09 5:02 p.m.

Footballer?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/15/09 5:57 p.m.

Not bad parking, simply keeping away from clunkers swinging doors, I have been guilty when I used to own new cars

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
9/15/09 6:23 p.m.

There's an Aston dealer a mile from my house. I always get a kick out of looking into the garage as I drive by. They had a vantage out front for a whole week a while ago, such a beautiful car.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/15/09 7:31 p.m.

What amazes me is how similar they look to an XK8 coupe, yet how much better they look at the same time. And an XK coupe is a damn good looking car.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
9/15/09 8:16 p.m.

I had an XK a couple of weeks ago that looked just like that. And I parked it as far as I possibly could away from everyone else... and still, the next clunker pulls up right beside me.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/15/09 8:32 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: What amazes me is how similar they look to an XK8 coupe, yet how much better they look at the same time. And an XK coupe is a damn good looking car.

It's the same car, right?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
9/15/09 10:24 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I had an XK a couple of weeks ago that looked just like that. And I parked it as far as I possibly could away from everyone else... and still, the next clunker pulls up right beside me.

Why do people do that? Jeez, when I'm in the black Corrado I'll park on the very outside rim of the lot, and when I come out of the store, there's still somebody next to me. I don't mind when it's obviously another enthusiast (I actually had someone park their Porsche 996 next to it once, and another time it was a gorgeous C2 Corvette), but most of the time it's some POS car. Hell, I'd rather have some ricer poseur park their S13 next to me than some sun-torched GM FWD H-body.

It's still got a ding or two from when we lived in the apartment complex, but I figured parking in two spaces would get it keyed. I know it's just a Maaco respray, but it's the only paint I have at the moment!

spdracer315
spdracer315 Reader
9/15/09 11:14 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I had an XK a couple of weeks ago that looked just like that. And I parked it as far as I possibly could away from everyone else... and still, the next clunker pulls up right beside me.

+1

Had my truck painted a year ago, so i park way the F away from everybody. I dont mind walking. And yet theres always someone that needs to park right up on it, even if theres a spot open near the door! I try to park in spots that only have on spot next to it, so at least ill only get dings in one side

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/15/09 11:14 p.m.

My friend has (or had) a 2005 Mustang GT. A real pretty little gem.

It got keyed twice. On separate occasions. And he doesn't know why.

spdracer315
spdracer315 Reader
9/15/09 11:16 p.m.

Oh, and thats a nice Aston. Saw one once in Boston, driver saw me eyeing it while we were at a stop light so he floored it when the light turned green. Ill never forget that sound bouncing off the buildings, it was great! Thats the "cheap" Aston isnt it?

scardeal
scardeal New Reader
9/16/09 8:37 a.m.

I'm amazed my 350Z DIDN'T get keyed at my apartment complex. Half the cars in the parking lot had a gouge from nose to tail...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/09 8:47 a.m.

An lady near where I work has one in green. One day she was stopped at the light and I was looking at it. I told her it was a beautiful car. She asked "What about me?" I said it was hard to tell, even I'd probably look good in one of those.

4eyes
4eyes New Reader
9/17/09 7:16 a.m.

I'd rather have the LR Defender

EricM
EricM HalfDork
9/17/09 10:41 a.m.

actually I like the little Tin Top Better.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde New Reader
9/17/09 11:13 a.m.

Guy in town has a pearl white one, often seen parked at Hooters. Dead sexy automobile. It kind of has the same overall shape as my stang, but a little less trunk. After watching Top Gear, I'm a little disappointed in the performance - but the sound, oh, the sound it makes.....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TIpgpe5VgR7bfkwqe6fQt6jCzRiB6G3bE2WSaGqHzkGqi66NHvtx0JAxdOKcMJ8h