PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/8/20 7:02 a.m.

I  need to buy a set of Tesla Model Y dampers for work. I have tried to find where to get parts, but it seems you actually need to own one to get them. Does anyone here have connections that can help?  

Thanks!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/20 7:58 a.m.

Maybe contact a company like EV West and see if you can source a set off a salvage car? I do have a friend who works in the charging software side and owns a Y, I'll ask him as well. 

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
10/8/20 8:04 a.m.

Do you need to actually own one... or just need the VIN for one? 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/8/20 8:53 a.m.

What?  You mean the Chinese haven't reverse engineered Tesla and flooded the market with cheap knock-off parts?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/20 9:04 a.m.

You could also reach out to someone like Unplugged Performance. They sell aftermarket springs and shocks, so that means their customers are taking off stock parts. 

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
10/8/20 12:07 p.m.

Yeah...we tried that at work a year or two ago. Gave up because literally nothing including talking to the repair center people in person worked. Providing a VIN didn't help, as their system is smart enough to know who each car belong to. Not sure how that works with the used market, but we tried with at least one VIN found from a sale listing and no dice. I think salvage cars/ebay is your only real option...or buying a whole car.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
10/8/20 12:29 p.m.
NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/8/20 12:35 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Ask this guy, he will have new parts for you 

https://jalopnik.com/brand-new-tesla-model-ys-roof-flies-off-on-first-drive-1845275335

Ahh, the Tesla Model YIsItSoDamnWindy

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/8/20 12:37 p.m.

What are you looking for them for?  I've bought several low mileage units used on ebay for work.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/8/20 1:33 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

Benchmarking and dyno work

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
10/11/20 10:51 p.m.

In reply to PMRacing :

What about Rich Benoit(@RebuildsRich)? Or check with dismantlers in the Bay Area or San Diego, they usually have Teslas to part out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6GAH8nc8oWtIixFqkbn3CU78byk9mHgDiruTbrnNO7cxRfsgsPtncsrTtYTz1I7l