1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/18/21 12:30 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Pepper is absolutely adorable! How old is she? I hope the rest found loving homes as well. She looks like she KNOWS she did good!

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
3/18/21 11:50 a.m.

Thanks dude. I know I did a thread a month or so ago- still working on it. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/18/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

She's 2 now.  Still very much a puppy

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/23/21 9:49 a.m.

This is Bailey the Wonder Dog, in her hyper-alert state.  She's approaching her third birthday, and she has been the easiest, bestest doggo ever.  At the time we adopted her, they said she was a boxer-shepherd mix.  That didn't quite sound right until we saw what a Belgian shepherd looks like. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/21 11:59 a.m.

Bella had a case of hives a couple weeks ago. I came home from work one day and she was all bumpy:

Emergency vet gave her a steroid shot and we had her on Benadryl for a while, and it mostly cleared up but then came back for no apparent reason and looked even worse:

Continued Benadryl, vet prescribed prednisone, we are trying to get in to an allergist. Has been bump-free for about a week. She's on chicken and pumpkin diet which she loves but she's lost a few lbs and her poop is dry and hard. Ramping in some of her regular dry food to help with that.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/23/21 12:12 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Yikes!  Wishing you and Bella a speedy recovery!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/23/21 12:26 p.m.

Bella looks like my late Julie girl

thewheelman
thewheelman Reader
3/23/21 1:05 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) : Our vet prescribed Apoquel for our pup's dry, itchy, red skin, and it made a huge difference. No hives mind you, but if it was an allergic reaction, it might be worth a shot. It's expensive, but I've found that he does just fine on half the recommended dose. He usually flares up around this time of year and is miserable until the summer heat hits, but he's had no symptoms yet. 

Before the Apoquel, we tried Benadryl, but it didn't do anything but make him tired. 

I might as well introduce Blue; he's an 8 year old Weimaraner/Chocolate Lab mix:

This is his natural habitat; our kitchen, begging for food that we never give him. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/23/21 7:45 p.m.

Apparently, Springer Spaniels are kind known for skin allergy problems. My MIL's was on Apoquel for many years. It is also very bad for them... heart, if I remember correctly. We were able to wean him back off the Apoquel with a VERY strict diet of a special (EXTREMELY expensive) prescription dog food, and a trip to the vet every few months for a shot, when something would flair up on him, again.

I spent more on my dogs health care for several years than I did on me and my wifes! He was a sweet boy though. lost him at 14 this month.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/23/21 7:50 p.m.

Sam, the Bandit, hanging out with his “big” little brother, Gabriel 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/24/21 7:09 a.m.

I always thought Stella (on the right) was a Mommy's Dog, always following Trish around, launches herself through the house when she comes home and LOVES going out for coffee and chit chat with "the girls".  When I had  to stay with my mother for a few days because she can't be left alone yet, Stella wouldn't settle down at night, always pacing and then slept on my side of the bed.  She never does that.

Maddie in front looking like she owns the world and Napoleon, who should have been named Gilligan. They are always ready for an adventure. 

13522943_1023463377689685_7724884331384529734_o.jpg

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
3/24/21 8:35 a.m.

My Danish Dorks Izzy and Lou.

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/24/21 8:44 a.m.

This is Bear, my Lab-Aussie mix, feeling like a fool because I made him wear a hat.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/21 10:49 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Violet loves everything, but she really loves snow.

Haircut

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
4/4/21 1:01 p.m.

Yesterday, our new pup came home!

We're calling her Olive for now, after her dad Oliver. She looks like an Olive to us! 

MOAR PICS:

Holly, our 9 year old Pit/Shepherd mix, seems to be tolerant of Olive's antics so far. 

This look of "Why is this little pupper here? Are you guys serious?" has been all too common so far, but little Olive has been following Holly around and learning stuff from her already. Holly is best buds with Olive's parents and has known the mom since she was a puppy, so things will most likely be good between her and the pup when she gets bigger. I haven't had a puppy since I was a kid, so this will be interesting!

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/4/21 2:08 p.m.

Sierra joining me for a little Vice Grip Garage.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/21 6:06 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Our pup's had some skin issues, too. She was a mess when we got her. The vet said it likely could be an allergy to fleas, grass or food. She's now on a preventative, and we wipe her down if she rolls in the grass. 

For the food, she's been on some of that simple ingredient food that's just venison and sweet potato. Knock on wood, her skin's been way better. Which was messing with her?  Not sure, but she's happy so we're staying the course. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/4/21 7:01 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Pepper takes fish oil pills.  Helps limit her scratching, and her coat is amazing.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/4/21 7:07 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

That's right, she's on fish oil, too! Her coat was such a mess when we got her: oily, no hair at the base of her tail. Just really sad. Now she looks like a happy, healthy pupper. 

Mr_Asa
4/7/21 7:26 p.m.

Trimming parts of this half-dead tree so that when it does fall over it doesn't land on the house.

What followed was the great stick war of Spring 2021

The standoff

The opening attack

Pepper gives ground and adopts a defensive posture

BUT ITS A FEINT!  SHE RISES UP TO ATTACK!

The diversion looks like a success as Pepper gains the upper maw

To the victor goes the spoils, and the loser watches in despair.

Mr_Asa
4/18/21 9:54 p.m.

Pepper is not happy with the rain and thunder.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/18/21 10:21 p.m.

Pepper is still adorable. My wife and I love the commentary / slide show. 

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
4/19/21 12:59 p.m.

This is Rusty, usually just known as "Dog", helping me work on the Tahoe. I thought I'd made his lead short enough to keep him out from under there until I got a cold nose poke in the side to remind me that belly rubs were desired.

Mr_Asa
4/19/21 8:40 p.m.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mfJPwYKFsk9rOTHWoVqtsnp2fNk51FiMcQsd6lAFd6kd33u7z8ZzckUnkY4vMfOl