1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
johndej
johndej Dork
4/19/21 9:12 p.m.

In reply to gearheadE30 :

Haha, Kimi joined me under my brother's civic this evening.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
5/11/21 1:51 p.m.

My guard dog Violet. She's pushing 18lbs. Watch out. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
5/11/21 4:22 p.m.

Olive keeps getting bigger and bigger. She's basically doubled in size in a month! She's up near 30lbs already at 15 weeks. We started training with her and it's really cool watching her learn in real time. She's doing great!

Also, caught Holly and Olive going into MAXIMUM BORKDRIVE last week. This is my attempt at a picture. Needed the crew from Planet Earth over here to try and get a slo-mo still of this.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/30/21 9:23 p.m.

I woke up this morning being 'kissed' on the lips, then bit on the nose. Long ago I had a rule, 'No dogs on the bed'.  Now I sleep with dogs.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
8/30/21 10:26 p.m.
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) said:

I woke up this morning being 'kissed' on the lips, then bit on the nose. Long ago I had a rule, 'No dogs on the bed'.  Now I sleep with dogs.

That's a nice little dog.

I get mashed in the face by a Great Dane who wants outside.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/31/21 7:27 a.m.

Scout about five months old now

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/31/21 8:38 a.m.

We lost Stella Fathers' Day weekend.  Trish moped around the house and after 2 days says "I'm getting a dog, it's too quiet here".

We got Winter, a Chiweenie.  We started to call him Edgar after Edgar Winter, but no one knows who he is!

He's lost a lot of the puppy fat, gotten longer and grew black spots on his ears.  Will find a newer picture.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/1/21 11:49 p.m.

Good news, folks.  Dogs recognize when you accidentally step on their tail or foot Vs doing it intentionally

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-94374-3

Mr_Asa
10/13/21 6:52 p.m.

Luna doesn't chase the ball far, but when she gets ahold of it she doesn't let it go.

Mr_Asa
11/3/21 9:17 p.m.

Hey Doc, learn me old dogs?

Luna is 12ish (I could give an exact age if I thought about it, but 12ish is good enough for now) and we are noticing old dog traits.  65ish lbs, mutt but if you made me guess I'd say Lab/Pit mix.

She is sore after walks to the point of limping at times, she hesitates before jumping up on the couch or climbing the ottoman in order to jump into bed (that may be due to declining eyesight and getting in bed while dark?)

Overall she is just slower.  I know she is older and is going to be slower, but from my experiences with the same problem it looks like it is slower due to joint pain as much as age

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/3/21 10:41 p.m.

Is she on Cosequin? (Glucosamine) 

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/4/21 6:08 a.m.

Cosequin( glucosamine/ chondroitin) did wonders for our dogs as they got older. It was an easily noticeable difference. 

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
11/4/21 11:51 a.m.

Indy. 

Mr_Asa
11/5/21 7:20 p.m.

mtn said:

Is she on Cosequin? (Glucosamine)  

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Cosequin( glucosamine/ chondroitin) did wonders for our dogs as they got older. It was an easily noticeable difference. 

We actually had another dog, Julie, on Cosequin and it ended up making her extremely lethargic.  Helped her joints, but she was listless.  Took her off of it and she was a completely different dog.  Kind of made me wary of the stuff.  

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/5/21 7:37 p.m.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/8/21 5:50 p.m.
ShawnG said:
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) said:

That's a nice little dog.

I get mashed in the face by a Great Dane who wants outside.

I have a pair of great danes who are under the impression they are lap dogs...

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
11/9/21 12:45 p.m.

Fat dog was extra clingy yesterday. 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/10/21 12:46 p.m.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/21 7:50 p.m.

Rode up to the pet shelter today with my daughter. She was looking for a dog.

Somehow I ended up with two...

Gredda is a 4yo Shepard mix. 

Her partner in crime is Miah, a 4yo Chihuahua

They were taken in from the same home and are very attached. The shelter wanted to keep them together but people wanting small dogs don't want big ones and the big dog people hate Chihuahuas.

5 hours at home and everyone is settling in nicely. Maddie and Napoleon seem to be accepting them nicely.

JStrobel80
JStrobel80 New Reader
11/21/21 6:28 a.m.

My Plott Hound and Beagle, both rescues 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/21/21 7:53 a.m.

It was all peace and quiet around my house. Gredda and Miah both slept through the night with zero issues. 

This morning, the only issue is Miah doesn't want to eat. Even expensive foods were ignored. Greta wants to play. Unfortunately, at the moment Maddie and Napoleon have zero interest in playing with a giant. 

Mr_Asa
11/25/21 5:47 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/25/21 6:16 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Hey Doc, learn me old dogs?

Luna is 12ish (I could give an exact age if I thought about it, but 12ish is good enough for now) and we are noticing old dog traits.  65ish lbs, mutt but if you made me guess I'd say Lab/Pit mix.

She is sore after walks to the point of limping at times, she hesitates before jumping up on the couch or climbing the ottoman in order to jump into bed (that may be due to declining eyesight and getting in bed while dark?)

Overall she is just slower.  I know she is older and is going to be slower, but from my experiences with the same problem it looks like it is slower due to joint pain as much as age

I don't monitor this thread, so if your question was directed at me, I apologize. 

Mobility issues in older dogs is common, and there's a lot of options. The main thing you need is the guidance of a veterinarian who is aware of the options.

As for cosequin, I've taken it myself since 1995. I've never seen it affect a dog like you observed, but I do say, "Any reaction, any drug." That said, it's not considered a drug, but rather a food supplement in the USA.

Link  to a veterinarypartner.com article on arthritis in dogs. This is a fantastic resource for information, paid for by the Veterinary Information Network.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/25/21 7:46 p.m.

Wife and I decided it was time for a 2nd dog. Currently got a 2 year old staffy.  Now we have Millie. Silver pit, blue bit, something like that. Found in jacksonville and sent to a rescue where we got her. Supposedly was 15 weeks when we got her a few weeks ago. Shes a big pup. 

she usually has her ears derp'd on top of her head.  She has a little rip on the end of her tongue too that is healed up. She's prob 25 lbs now. Lost some fat since coming home. She and the older pup get along great, they train hard. 

And she has webbed feet, just like my neighbors older blue pit. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/26/21 8:57 p.m.

Dakota now is almost 16 months old and the wife has been taking her in to train as a therapy dog. Apparently the instructor says she's "crushing it". My cousin's 2 year old and her had a great time. She did wonderful considering this is the smallest human she's met. 

this was her after 6 hours in a small house with 20 people. She was pooped. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
61oNM7vsGFGd98H5QAm7UwqJ9xRvoisY3hIjS4NfN5Ahkry8nRy8jolA39Z9L9q3