1 2 3 4 5 6
kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/3/21 7:00 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, that's kind of the plan.  I'm trying to teach Kazookid2 to finish something before you start something new (even though that's not really a strength of mine), but we're getting down to the end of our available space on the benchwork we have right now.  I'm trying to figure out what the next round of benchwork should look like to make the best use of our available space and at the same time trying to figure out how to get the maximum available features onto the that benchwork.  (Once we're done with the next expansion, we're out of space) 

Buying track was literally the last part of the equation, but this lot was (1) cheap and (2) full of things we'll need regardless of what the expansion ends up looking like since we already know we'll need switches and curves of various length/radius and degrees of turn.  The double cross over adds a ton of flexibility to any track plan and is worth over 50% of the purchase price by itself.  At $100, I mentally figured it out to between $.10 and $.25 on the dollar, which makes it a buy despite not being ready for it.  The good news is we can sell whatever we don't need back to a local hobby store and probably recoup a lot of the purchase price or trade for stuff we need once our plan is finalized.

In reply to kazoospec :

That's awesome!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/3/21 2:21 p.m.

If you dont use any of the switches or short straights, 38, 33, 29, 62, or 64 mm hit me up. My micro layout is going to burn through a ton of shorties.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/3/21 5:04 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

You can get 62s and 64s on Amazon in 4 packs for less than $10.  Unfortunately, I've found that some 2* and 3* stuff only comes in weird multipacks.  Once it gets here, I'll try to inventory it.  Once the track plan is finalized, if there's any 20's or 30's left over, I'll reach out. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/4/21 12:09 a.m.

EZ-track with 4 switches

Linky

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/4/21 11:49 a.m.
kazoospec said:
kazoospec said:

Big pile o' Unitrack.  Of course, I just put in an order this afternoon, found this tonight. 

Lots o' track

No photo description available.

So I seem to have enabled myself.  Looks like I'll end up picking this up if some details fall into place.  This is absolutely NOT how enabling is supposed to work . . .

BTW- I need an opinion on something, and this thread is probably as good a place as any.  Obviously, finding and promoting something you end up buying yourself is the GRM equivalent to an "own goal" in the Enabler of the Year contest.  Do I need to withdraw for this year or is it just a point penalty?  I would say "asking for a friend", but we all know that's not true.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
2/4/21 12:20 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Enabling oneself is just enabling a friend you know way too well. devil

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
2/26/21 9:42 a.m.
kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/27/21 5:24 p.m.

Build quality looks so so, but probably not a bad way to be able to run some trains for $200.

$200 Layout

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
2/28/21 4:21 p.m.

Anybody need a pretty decent scenery "starter pack"?  Probably clears my "less than 50% of retail" benchmark for buying used.

Scenery supplies

May be an image of text that says 'RGE MIRRO "x45/16" CU CUFT PICTURE led protection the U-Haul P parately). ES G FRAGILE! DO NOT LAY FLAT'

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 11:02 a.m.

I've decided to sell some of my vintage HO train stuff.

This is a 1961 Tyco Pace Setter -Eastern (Pennsylvania) set. My uncle was the original owner and I've had it since the early 70's. Includes two working KF Model CB 400 transformers, along with a bunch of track, with bridges, switches, crossings and some other small stuff.

$100 plus shipping. I'll attach some photos. Please ignore the stuff in the background.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
3/24/21 5:53 p.m.

Kato GG1  

This is a retail seller from some of the N Scale FB groups.  It's a pretty solid price, though, and I know this is on several "wish lists" around here.

May be an image of train

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/4/21 3:58 p.m.

Not sure it's really "$0.00", but that does seem to indicate it should go cheap.

N Scale Layout 

May be an image of railroad

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/11/21 3:18 p.m.

Bachman 44 ton w/dcc

Think someone on here (Appleseed?) was looking for one of these.  $60 w/DCC. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/11/21 4:25 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Gone already. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/25/21 8:01 a.m.

A little more info on the power and rolling stock would be nice, but pretty decent for $550 even if it's Bachmann.

Layout for $550 

May be an image of train and railroad

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
5/22/21 6:49 a.m.

Pics aren't great, but looks like a lot for $400 canadian.

Linky 

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
6/22/21 8:56 p.m.

Price on this one has been drifting down for several weeks now.  There a some design elements to it I don't like, but there's a lot there for $600 OBO.

N scale layout

May be an image of outdoors

May be an image of railroad

May be an image of indoor

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
7/30/21 2:03 p.m.

Good sized batch of Kato track (including 7 or 8 switches) for $100

Kato Stuff

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/30/21 5:31 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Dang. Linky no worky.  Is it still up?

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
7/30/21 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Unfortunately, looks like it's gone/down.  It was everything you see above plus a few #4 switches and few more curves/straights that were out of the picture on the left.  Asking was $100, which is a steal.  I thought about picking it up, but I'm not sure I'll have table space for what I have already.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/30/21 11:10 p.m.

That's an easy $250+ for just the switches and controllers.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/1/21 10:12 a.m.

I guess this is a pre-FB marketplace post.  I'm going through my old model railroad stuff from when I was a kid, and have discovered I was really a car geek back then, too.  I have some rolling stock and buildings I need to go through, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone might be interested in these, and what they'd be worth.

I'm inclined to keep the Merkur and the GNX, as I don't have any hot wheels equivalents, and it's unlikely I'll ever get to own either in the real world.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/1/21 12:44 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Ooh, I want those boxed Mustangs, the white Boss Mustang, the red Squarebird, and the boxed Cobra. Let me look and see if I can figure the value for those.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/1/21 3:03 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Don't know if you'd be interested, but after I took those photos, I found a blue MN12 T-bird.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KLSbqi79in1xmfNjWukqASWkf4qlkgeZc5C5Ot925fJgoJ73hV9DCKyQsIewEEpt