1 ... 3 4 5 6
slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/1/21 4:35 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I'll take that one too. laugh

Based on ebay prices, I think most of these go for about $10-15 each, maybe a little more or a little less depending on shipping. The outlier is the box of 3 red Mustangs, because I only found one like that and it was one car by itself, out of the package, in blue and it's listed for $25.  Not sure I'd pay that much for one, but maybe for all three.

So, let me know how much you think you want for them.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/1/21 5:24 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Sent you an email.

In reply to kazoospec :

This looks like a pretty good deal for some N-scale locomotives & rolling stock for $80. I'm not sure if that layout is worth anything though?

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
8/6/21 2:52 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Not really our era, but probably worth the asking price if most of it works.  I think the "layout" is a "prefab" that used to be available as a sort of "starter set" with some basic scenery.  Older N scale stuff can be kind of temperamental.  It's actually why we got out of trains the first time.  The new stuff, especially Kato stuff, is ridiculously reliable, so it's kind of hard to even look at older stuff.  Trying to figure out why something wouldn't run was never a fun part of the hobby for me.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
8/6/21 5:23 p.m.

So, the "big lot of Kato track" appears to be back.  

Kato stuff 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/6/21 5:37 p.m.

Johnsburg is 6 miles away.  Having SWMBO try and contact him right now. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/6/21 6:21 p.m.

Hnnnngh. The wait is killing me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/7/21 2:13 p.m.

That pile if Kato Unitrack is on my kitchen table as we speak. Woot.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/8/21 3:41 p.m.

I don't want to clutter up this thread too much, but it seems like the place to ask.  I'm trying to value some assembled HO scale buildings(and some that are de-assembled due to storage conditions), some assembled/unassembled locomotives, including some partially (an old Roundhouse Shay), that are probably not operational.  Oh, and even more HO scale cars/trucks than my previous pictures.  I'd rather just sell everything as a batch, even if it means taking a hit on price.  I can take pics, if this is something someone on here would be interested in, otherwise, I can try out FB and ebay.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/8/21 3:48 p.m.

What kind of buildings? I'm trying to amass 2-3+ story brick structures for a city layout. What era autos? 

Pics are always welcome. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/8/21 4:23 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Brick buildings you say?

Locomotives.  The assembled ones are probably not working at the point.  I don't know if the Shay has all its parts, so it would be better as a static display or parts in a diarama.

And the other cars I've found:

Finally, the nicest thing I've dug out.  A wooden trestle.  I can't take credit for it.  One of the members of the club I was in built them for fun.

I've got more, but these are the best pieces, except for some rolling stock I'm holding back until I find out if my BIL wants it.

EDIT:  I've also got a brass C&NW caboose I need to take pictures of at some point.  Also found five packs of unused Kadee #5 couplers.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/10/21 1:26 a.m.

Ooh, lawd. That's the stuff. What do you think its worth? I've seen prices all over the place.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/10/21 8:30 a.m.

I'd have to guess, too.  I noticed that the 2-3 story building kits seem to go for $20-25 new nowadays, so I'd say significantly less than that for them.  For the locomotives, I have no clue whatsoever.  I'd be happy to throw the Kadee couplers in with other stuff for $2 a piece.  The trestle, I'm not sure about either, would more like to see it getting used in a diarama or layout versus sitting in a box.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/10/21 8:39 a.m.

I know you said you'd like to sell it as a lot, but if you were willing to split it up, I'd be willing to take the structures and cars. If I didn't pigeonhole myself into HOn30, I'd definitely be interested in the box cab, Climax,  and Shay. Those are rad.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/10/21 8:54 a.m.

I'd probably be willing to split it up somewhat, I need to see which buildings can be knocked down for shipping without causing much damage.  The factory might be a no go for that, I seem to recall I may have reinforced it when I built it.  For the cars, price could be pretty variable,  the Concor, Monogram, etc seem to have decent value, but the cheap ones I'd let go for, well, cheap.  Any particular era of cars you wanted?

Feel free to PM me with a list of specifics you want.  I'd send you a PM, but I have a yahoo email address.  I'll also see what boxes I have that won't cost a fortune to ship with.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/10/21 9:55 a.m.

Maybe if the factory is hollow, just dump the flattened smaller buildings inside? How big is the factory? 

For cars, I think I've decided on the late 70s, early 80s. I want that run down trashy look of New York. The pickup, and the 2 Chevettes would be perfect. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/10/21 10:21 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Sent you an email if you want to delete your email address to avoid spammers.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/19/21 6:53 p.m.

Took a quick picture of the rolling stock that I have found.  If anyone wants them and the 5 packs of unopened Kadee #5 couplers, how does $42 + shipping sound?  If you don't mind cost of shipping going up, I can also toss other goodies in that I was likely going to throw away.

Also, I've decided, that wooden trestle that is farther up in the thread - the main thing I'd like to do is see it go to someone who will use it in a display or in a layout.  So, I'd sell it for $5+ shipping if you are pretty certain you'd use it.

I still can't put a price on the locomotives, but if anyone wants to make an offer, please do.  Also, found more HO scale vehicles (mostly some semis), and will try to get a group picture of them and the remaining automobiles, and see about trying to sell them off in as few batches as possible.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/19/21 7:40 p.m.

Tim isn't berking around.  The pile of stuff he sent to me would have easily been 3 times the amount he asked. Any of you HO guys should be looking really hard at it.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/19/21 10:55 p.m.

The budget's taken a beating this month, but I may be interested in some of those in a month or two.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/20/21 9:57 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Thanks!  I've reached the point where any amount more I could make on FB or ebay is countered by wanting to deal with GRMers as much as possible so things go more smoothly.  If anyone wants to divvy up what I am trying to get rid of, I can try to split things that way, just wanting to make sure I get rid of as much of it as possible.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/21 2:23 p.m.

When you post up pics of the semi trucks, I'll probably snag them too. My pipe dream of using matchbox cars is not panning out. They are just too big, and a city layout without cars looks like an apocalypse instead.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
8/20/21 2:55 p.m.

Yeah, Matchbox tends to work a bit better with S scale.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
10/2/21 7:56 a.m.

If they are really only asking $49 for this, the salvage track and switches are worth WAY more than that.  It's HO, so I'm out, but here you go: 

Stupid cheap older HO stuff - Ohio 

May be an image of train and railroad

No photo description available.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/21 8:45 a.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

Holy crap!

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7dCXQMf44XGG3GYMEv6Wl5Xy8GVMOxQkIYB7L0ylyLh8LTCqV75Aw3PyVV1XUuy8