1 ... 13 14 15
dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/23/22 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

The water in both the keys and Miami area was astonishingly clear. The keys also have no waves to speak of for miles around. The kids were in love and didn't want to leave. 

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/23/22 1:17 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

Probably a Roseate Spoonbill

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roseate_Spoonbill_-_Myakka_River_State_Park.jpg

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/22 4:24 p.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

It could've been one of them (pink in color). They're not supposed to be here, either.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/5/22 12:03 p.m.

We went to the neighborhood lake yesterday and the 7 year old caught several bluegill and a nice white crappie. I caught nothing except for well over 100' of fishing line spread over three different lines, including one ~40' long, very thick fluoro line, and each of them had some sort of rig on the end. A nice nearly new large brass spinner, a rubber spin bait rig, and a worm rig. I can't figure out why people give up so easily on their line once it's snagged. It really trashes up the water to have so much line in it. The only one that seriously fought me was the fluoro line and it just took a bit of an angle and some steady firm pulling. Another one of the lines was so long they must have cast from the other side of the lake.

I swear you could easily outfit a very full tackle box just recovering other people's abandoned gear. In fact, we kind of have.

The trash is another issue. You hope people are mostly like yourself and enjoy nature but I can't actually believe that with the number of worm tubs and empty tackle packages and such that I find lying around.

Although the crappie may not be huge, I'm pretty pleased with it - she caught it with no input from me. In fact I was kind of micromanaging her - not on purpose - and she asked me to go check on the other poles. HA! Then a few minutes later - bam - nice crappie.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/22 4:04 p.m.

A rare example where I took my boat out of the water at the end of the day and did the old "One Last Cast," and it actually worked.

Different day, got an 18" smallmouth on top water.

Then my brother got a 19" fish and was smug about it.

The general vibe of the fishing trips:

1 ... 13 14 15
Our Preferred Partners
Q7mA3HsCMQat8Xv85eZtrWHIZ5G3SHyzDe42X3fD5MqVRZ6KwbhbUeHWwFsg4TVC