1 2 3
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/11 11:30 p.m.

Follow linky to video of beating

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/10/14/shock-video-savage-attack-at-manhattan-mcdonalds/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A fight over an order at a Manhattan McDonald’s leads to complete chaos and it was all caught on tape.

The video contains images and audio of a graphic nature.

Sources tell CBS 2’s Chris Wragge the stunning incident featured a cashier with a criminal past violently beating two female customers after they appear to provoke him by slapping him and then hopping the counter.

It was a horrific scene to watch. The cashier disappears into the back of the fast-food restaurant on West Fourth Street in Greenwich Village before returning with a metal rod he then used viciously on the two customers.

The gruesome act of violence early Thursday morning escalated after the customers argued and yelled obscenities at the cashier when he questioned a $50 bill they gave him.

One of the female customers then slapped the cashier. A woman is then seen jumping over the counter, while the other woman goes behind the register. They are then savagely attacked.

Other customers watched in horror as other McDonald’s workers tried unsuccessfully to stop the violence.

One female customer had a fractured skull that required surgery and a broken arm. The other has a deep laceration

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
10/14/11 11:33 p.m.

The women started it, why is this article wording it like they're the victims?

Wally
10/14/11 11:41 p.m.

Because it's easier to hate on a pipe swinging nut named Rayon

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
10/14/11 11:44 p.m.

BullE36 M3, Shanqeeua and Taresha are just as easy to hate.

Besides, if they hadn't chased him back there, maybe he wouldn't have had to crack their berkeleying skulls open with a pipe.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
10/14/11 11:49 p.m.

Maybe the choice of weapon was a little excessive and he could have stopped a bit sooner then he did, but honestly I dont feel sorry for them.

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
10/14/11 11:53 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: Maybe the choice of weapon was a little excessive and he could have stopped a bit sooner then he did,

Just a heads up, that's not how it works.

Stop the threat with whatever means are at your disposal. I would have stabbed them, as that's been the first thing I grab when I feel the need to defend myself.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
10/15/11 12:04 a.m.

the clerk was assaulted first, two apparently intoxicated females storm the counter, he defends and he's the bad guy? ok, maybe a little excessive force... but he did subdue them . He'll be back in prison and the two biotches will sue McDs. This is totally upside down.

Grizz
Grizz HalfDork
10/15/11 12:05 a.m.

Sounds about right for NYC actually.

Travis_K
Travis_K SuperDork
10/15/11 1:00 a.m.
Grizz wrote:
Travis_K wrote: Maybe the choice of weapon was a little excessive and he could have stopped a bit sooner then he did,
Just a heads up, that's not how it works. Stop the threat with whatever means are at your disposal. I would have stabbed them, as that's been the first thing I grab when I feel the need to defend myself.

No, i know, it really depends on the situation though. If i felt i was in danger of being hurt or killed I wouldn't hesitate to do whatever possible to stop that from happening. But, if i ever had to do something like that I would expect to spend several years in jail, etc, so I would want to be sure it was worth it. Jail is better than being dead though.

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
10/15/11 4:49 a.m.

i love how the video starts with him beating them, and then later goes back and shows how it started.

naw, there's no bias in the way the "journalists" presented this story at all..

anyone know where to go to contribute to his legal fund to get him the sleeziest and slimiest rat of a lawyer to get him off on this?

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
10/15/11 5:39 a.m.

Yes, another version of this story could be "Drunk and aggressive team attempt to pass questionable currency then storm the counter getting between employee and register. Employee retaliates."

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
10/15/11 5:46 a.m.

I bet they won't do that again huh?
Where can I donate to the Rayon-defense fund? Or, can I at least buy him a beer?

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
10/15/11 6:38 a.m.
Grizz wrote:
Just a heads up, that's not how it works. Stop the threat with whatever means are at your disposal. I would have stabbed them, as that's been the first thing I grab when I feel the need to defend myself.

I think the rules of engagement are different when it's male on female violence. I imagine if this had been a female cashier accosted by two angry dudes and she'd handled it the same way, she'd make the female talk show circuit for a month AND have her own Lifetime movie.

Video won't load here at work, but I have a hard time believing an ex-con can't control two drunk chicks without resorting to crushing skulls.

Wally
10/15/11 6:42 a.m.

I felt once they came on his side of the counter they were fair game. They don't belong back there and having seen how dirty women fight if he didn't stop them theres a good chance they would have dunked someone in the fryer.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
10/15/11 7:03 a.m.

I'm just saying getting slapped doesn't really entitle you to bash someone's head in with a pipe. If the dude would've called some co-workers over to help restrain the women, I think he would've been fine.

Of course, I haven't seen the video either, maybe these two girls were Amazonian cage fighters or something and the guy was legitimately scared for his life.

I completely agree these bizzos had no business being behind the counter, and deserved to be dealt with after going on the attack and smacking the guy. It's unfortunate that their actions caused this situation.

Wally
10/15/11 7:24 a.m.

The first one jumped the counter to get at him, the second ran around to come up behind him. He grabbed what was handy and stopped them. He probably went a bit overboard.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/15/11 7:30 a.m.

Maybe he was a little over the top in his choice of defending himself.. but I feel he was in the right. They were drunk, disorderly, attacked him first, and invaded his space to further the attack.

Felony assualt charges against him should be dropped.

The two girls should get more than "criminal mischief". I would up that to public intoxication, Assault, Tresspassing, and intent to do bodily harm

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
10/15/11 8:13 a.m.

He was defending himself!

.... OK, maybe not so much when the woman was on the ground and he was lambasting her with the rod.

They started it, but he over reacted.

But no one asked me.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
10/15/11 8:21 a.m.

How do you know that she wanst still fighting from the ground.

The video doesn't show what's going on, heck, it doesn't even show him atually hitting them when they're on the ground.

It just shows him flailing at something with an object.

I'm on his side on this one. Plus, the fact that they're women shouldn't change anything, Women are our equals now, moreso when they're assaulting you.

Shawn

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/15/11 8:54 a.m.

Does this make anyone else hungry for some breakfast burritos?

pitbull113
pitbull113 Reader
10/15/11 9:01 a.m.

dem bitches gots what dey deserved yo

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
10/15/11 9:11 a.m.

The customer is always right

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/15/11 9:57 a.m.

Well, I bet they won't go around slapping cashiers for a while.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
10/15/11 10:10 a.m.

You don't know if you are over reacting until after the fight is over. What if either of the women had had a knife? You don't know what they are carrying and won't until it's too late for you.

YOU are more important than THEM! THEY are fair game if they mess with YOU!

I've been there.

And the rule is that if you are threatened THERE ARE NO RULES. I'd rather have to defend myself to a jury of 12 than be carried by 6. It's as simple as that.

People are crazy nowadays.

BTW, I am the only one of 12 that is alive. There were 12 different incidents.

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/15/11 10:10 a.m.

When keeping it real...goes wrong,

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tTrhKiXLkh4SqqleMp7HQIY5CCLCu2hkOV3icPsfKn4hMSj5V3V4z9aejd8xatma