1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
5/24/21 9:51 p.m.

What are some things to do/see/eat while in the DFW area. Going to be there over the weekend. Hoping there's some sort of cars and coffee/automotive type event going on.

Hit me with your best thoughts.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/25/21 5:55 a.m.

DFW is the size of a small state. What part are you going to be in ?

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
5/25/21 8:26 a.m.

The monthly cars and coffee event at the Crestwood BMW dealership is amazing at 500+cars and tons of rare stuff.  Eagles Canyon usually allows some free lapping runs after the car show if the timing aligns for you.  

The museums are pretty good and there are multiple.  

The Ruff Porsche dealership is an amazing way to drool for a few hours over pretty toys.

The Elm Fork shooting range is pretty neat and rents anything you might want to play with.

The food is fantastic with basically anything you could possibly want from legit Mexican, Korean, and American fare very available.

There are tons of neat neighborhoods and breweries like Deep Ellum and multiple others.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/25/21 5:22 p.m.

We enjoyed this earlier this month; https://drivexotic.com/

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/25/21 6:32 p.m.

I don't think we have had a Cars and Coffee event in the Dallas area since 2018. The last one was at the BMW Dealer in Plano. Richard Rawlings talked about doing it but nothing came of it. 

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/25/21 7:14 p.m.

Last time I was at DFW I took a tour of Cowboys stadium (AT&T I think). That was pretty awesome and inexpensive. That was pretty Covid so I don't know if it's still offered. They took you into Jerry's box and luxury suites and the locker rooms. 
I also went to the museum at the location where Kennedy was shot. Interesting and you can stand where he was (there is a Mark painted in the road). 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/21 7:46 p.m.

If you're a history buff - Dealey Plaza...

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/21 7:50 p.m.

You could take a leak on the Cowboys stadium for me devil

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
5/25/21 11:01 p.m.

Yeah, what part of DFW will you be in, it's 100 miles from side to side.

I'm in the FW side after living in Dallas for over 30 years.  We NEVER go back to Dallas unless it's a kid thing.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
5/26/21 8:10 p.m.

Hotel is on the northside of Dallas. I'm not worried about driving.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/26/21 8:40 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
25qufotdHGbfmLeMeMF5BFZK265ObWuz8HZNOWBh8KDMzANBOJ5mkscOXHRKrifP